A Non-Multicultural, Melting Pot Kind of Day

jbg

Today was the party for my younger son's tenth birthday. Instead of a traditional party, we took him and three friends he selected to "Splashdown", in Wappingers Falls, New York. Two of the three friends were Jewish, and one was black. All came from families whose fathers work hard, and make good incomes.

At Splashdown, there were many other racially mixed combinations of children playing. The crowd apparently spanned many classes and cultural backgroiunds. It's a great couintry that can mix people, without people giving it a moment's thought. Where else but America would a nine-lawyer firm like mine have two white and Jewish, and one black female Jamaican partner? Where else would no one even question taking direction and orders from a female, and a minority at that?

Only in America.

At Splashdown, there were many other racially mixed combinations of children playing. The crowd apparently spanned many classes and cultural backgroiunds. It's a great couintry that can mix people, without people giving it a moment's thought. Where else but America would a nine-lawyer firm like mine have two white and Jewish, and one black female Jamaican partner? Where else would no one even question taking direction and orders from a female, and a minority at that?

Only in America.

Does that mean you will be voting for, cough choke, the other half of the clintonesta's.

Does that mean you will be voting for, cough choke, the other half of the clintonesta's.
I do not plan to vote for Hilary. Edited by jbg

Only in America.

We have an *Indian woman as head of one of our most successful departments.... my niece is marrying an *Indian fellow.

But no, we all know that ONLY in AMERICA do people of differing cultural backgrounds work together successfully. ONLY in AMERICA can an "ethnic" woman run a department. ONLY in AMERICA can a jew swim with a black. ONLY in AMERICA!

:rolleyes:

*from India

Edited by Drea

There still are too many stories out there of a White Canadian and a Black Canadian travelling south in the US and the Black man trying to stay more and more invisible. My son drives south and he could not undersand the Black Man's wish to remain in the truck the further south they got. On the other hand a Native women who had worked in banking in Ontario could not get a job in the small town in BC she and her white husband moved to.

Lets not toot our horns too much.

There still are too many stories out there of a White Canadian and a Black Canadian travelling south in the US and the Black man trying to stay more and more invisible. My son drives south and he could not undersand the Black Man's wish to remain in the truck the further south they got.

This is likely why.

Most murder victims -- 93 percent of blacks and 85 percent of whites -- were killed by someone of their own race.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=07...;show_article=1

You forgot the part where he said he was upper-class. That means he's voting republican.
I am a Democrat. If the Democrats would field some decent candidates I'd vote for them in a heartbeat. Clinton and Osbama do not fit that description.

Guest American Woman
Today was the party for my younger son's tenth birthday. Instead of a traditional party, we took him and three friends he selected to "Splashdown", in Wappingers Falls, New York. Two of the three friends were Jewish, and one was black. All came from families whose fathers work hard, and make good incomes.

Only in America.

Only in America does one think things like this only happen in their own country. <_<

Only in America does one think things like this only happen in their own country.

I was gonna say, that was quite the intense Amerigasm. I have quite the intense urge to repeatedly watch truck commercials and eat apple pie.

You forgot the part where he said he was upper-class. That means he's voting republican.

Nope. He may be upper middle class, but he's Jewish and from New York. Of course he is voting Democrat. Or eversince Lieberman ran, abstaining. I am quite sure that in that neck of the woods, they do not even bother taking polls on the matter.

Guest American Woman
I was gonna say, that was quite the intense Amerigasm. I have quite the intense urge to repeatedly watch truck commercials and eat apple pie.

"Amerigasm?" :lol:

I might add that only in America would someone find the things he posted about 'remarkable' enough to pat one's country on the back over.

Why is it that citizens of other countries find our pride in our fair land extraordinary? Everyone should be proud of their country unless there's nothing to be proud of. Hardly the case with Canada.
Nope. He may be upper middle class, but he's Jewish and from New York. Of course he is voting Democrat. Or eversince Lieberman ran, abstaining. I am quite sure that in that neck of the woods, they do not even bother taking polls on the matter.
It's not that bad, but except for certain County races Republicans have little chance of victory. My Federal votes are split almost evenly, leaning towards Democratic. I have split my Presidential votes evenly;
  1. Democratic votes:

1. 1976 - Carter;
    2. 1980 - Carter;
    3. 1992 - Clinton;
    4. 2000 - Gore

[*]Republican votes:

1. 1984 - Reagan;
  2. 1988 - Bush Sr.;
  3. 1996 - Dole;
  4. 2004 - Bush Jr.

Guest American Woman
Why is it that citizens of other countries find our pride in our fair land extraordinary?

There's a huge difference between "pride in America" and "ONLY in America;" especially when the "only in America" line of thought is so far off the mark.

Why is it that citizens of other countries find our pride in our fair land extraordinary?

So Senor! Because associating with someone of a different skin colour in Canada or Australia is a capital offense.

Everyone should be proud of their country unless there's nothing to be proud of.

I do love my country. I just prefer to show it by not making a fool of myself in the eyes of others. American youths who travel abroad have definitely learned this, since they are much more reserved and respectful than my fellow countrymen, let alone the brits, who are the worst behaved and believe they are entitled to everything. Just a shame that a few from the older generation cannot muster the concept of decorum and diplomacy.

Edited by marcinmoka

• 3 years later...