is neoconservatism the same as conservatism?

so what do people who are conservative immediately support neoconservatism? is it just ignorance?

False Premise. Many paleo consevatives are not keen on the Neo-conservatives.

sorry, maybe I need to explain my interest better....

my interest is in the absolute support of current neoconservative activities by people who describe themselves as 'conservatives'.

are other stripes of conservatives a total minority now? neoconservatism seems to debase all criticisms, even those of other conservatives, as ‘liberal’ (the new communism).

I think it may be safe to assume then you don't know what neo conservative means.....

i'm not an expert.... but whats your point exactly.

That you don't know what you are talking about, that the assumptions you make aren't based in fact and that this thread is prtty much a flamebait troll

I think he was just asking a question.

He should unask it. His question is based on ignorance of underlying premises. It's as if I went to Hawking and asked him why black holes don't just get sown up.

i'll ask it again.... because the type of responses we're receiving here is indicative of the problem.

why is it that conservatives do not seem to be allowed to criticize neo conservative policies?

of course, i think i know the answer. because neoconservatism defines that they cannot. its the new world and you are either playing with the team or you are out.

Edited by planetx

why is it that conservatives do not seem to be allowed to criticize neo conservative policies?

False premise. Ever hear of William F. Buckley? How about 2/3 of the American republicans and possibly a greater amount of Canadian Conservatives.

.....are there even neo-conservatives in the ROW?

False premise. Ever hear of William F. Buckley? How about 2/3 of the American republicans and possibly a greater amount of Canadian Conservatives.

.....are there even neo-conservatives in the ROW?

Arguably there cannot be neo-cons in the ROW. It is a purely Ameri9can phenomenon caused by the uniqueness of the political spectrum in the US. THough recently I've heard of real American style libertarians abroad - so who knows. Every ideological commitment gets it fellow travellers in other countries.

The ignorance of what Neo-Con means is, however, staggering. But then given that it is quickly becoming as easily thrown about as the term "Fascist" it's not surprising that it would be just as misunderstood.