Great Canadian Wish List

Has anyone been following this, http://www.cbc.ca/wish/ it's a rather interesting turn of events over the last day or so.

http://www.facebook.com/sgroup/subgroups.php?oid=2392827649

The "Abolish Abortion in Canada" group has moved into first place, which I find rather interesting. Considering the average age range of facebook users I'm a bit surprised that an item that is considered very right wing would be at the top. Could the younger generation be more socially conservative then we thought?

Guest chilipeppers

I havn't joined face book so can't support the pro choice. Didn't CBC say they would give a voice to the wish with the most votes. This could get the anti choice advocates a larger forum.

Guest chilipeppers

I havn't joined face book so can't support the pro choice. Didn't CBC say they would give a voice to the wish with the most votes. This could get the anti choice advocates a larger forum.

Lol...CBC would never, in its current makeup, support pro choice.

Really, I thought they would support pro-choice, if they do not support pro-choice does that make them socially conservative LOL

Lol...CBC would never, in its current makeup, support pro choice.

Really, I thought they would support pro-choice, if they do not support pro-choice does that make them socially conservative LOL

Oops, I meant pro-life. Or anti-death, or whatever the proper description is these days.

Oops, I meant pro-life. Or anti-death, or whatever the proper description is these days.

Naw, anti-death is inaccurate. Judging by the anti-abortion contingent around here and their positions on other issues, its not so much about perserving life as just waiting until after the kid's exited the vagina before taking a shot at 'em. Maybe abortion is simply not very sporting?

Naw, anti-death is inaccurate. Judging by the anti-abortion contingent around here and their positions on other issues, its not so much about perserving life as just waiting until after the kid's exited the vagina before taking a shot at 'em. Maybe abortion is simply not very sporting?

No capice! It does not compute ?

I havn't noticed a lot of anti abortion people around here, seems more pro choice to me.

Forced-childbirth advocates have mustered their troops to spam the process, that's all.

Forced childbirth! :lol:

I like that. I mean, who needs any responsibility?! Forced. Forced.

I know I certainly hate it when I randomly have unprotected sex due to the coercion of all the media and negative influences of society and parent many children, but hey. It's not my fault. I was forced!

The one thing you seem to really enjoy Fig, is blaming everyone for individual errors.

At the end of the day, pro-choice should exist, a woman's right to choose not have unprotected sex is essiential!

Forced-childbirth advocates have mustered their troops to spam the process, that's all.

I know I certainly hate it when I randomly have unprotected sex due to the coercion of all the media and negative influences of society and parent many children, but hey. It's not my fault. I was forced!

Anti-choice advocates do indeed want to force childbirth on those with unwanted pregnancies.

Has anyone been following this, http://www.cbc.ca/wish/ it's a rather interesting turn of events over the last day or so.

The "Abolish Abortion in Canada" group has moved into first place, which I find rather interesting. Considering the average age range of facebook users I'm a bit surprised that an item that is considered very right wing would be at the top. Could the younger generation be more socially conservative then we thought?

The younger generation is indeed more conservative. Ever check out the age profiles of posters on Canadian conservative sites?

Anti-choice advocates do indeed want to force childbirth on those with unwanted pregnancies.

No one is forcing childbirth on anyone. It's easily preventable, just takes a little bit of r-e-s-p-o-n-s-i-b-i-l-i-t-y.

Something the political left hates people having. It's all society's fault, the individual never does anything wrong, right?

The younger generation is indeed more conservative.

If you have Canadian statistics (not subjective opinions) to back up this statement, go ahead and present them. Statistics I've seen suggest otherwise. For example:

"By age, Conservatives have an advantage among older voters and the Liberals among younger voters."

Source:

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/politics...a19922f&k=49795

But this is no surprise. Social conservatism is far more prevalent among old farts than among our youth. On almost any issue relating to social conservatism, e.g., same-sex marriage, decriminalization of marijuana, there is a marked and statistically significant age difference in support. One of the challenges for Stephen Harper is that some of his strongest supporters are dying.

What rot. This transparent wordmeistering by both sides is farcical. Pro-death, anti-life, pro-forced friggin' childbirth...how foolish.

What rot. This transparent wordmeistering by both sides is farcical. Pro-death, anti-life, pro-forced friggin' childbirth...how foolish.

How about pro-choice and anti-choice? Or pro-abortion and anti-abortion?

Yeah sure. why not pro-life or anti-death? Or pro-responsibility or anti-responsibility? Lets get murder thrown in there for maximum effect...pro-murder or anti-murder.

How about pro-choice and anti-choice? Or pro-abortion and anti-abortion?

Lets get murder thrown in there for maximum effect...pro-murder or anti-murder.

How developed does the fetus have to be for abortion to qualify as murder in your opinion? 8 months? 4 months? moment of conception?

I'm not a huge one for this debate.

As someone more Libertarian in their views I believe that I don't really have much to say about what a woman does with her body. So I guess I'm pro-choice.

Looking at the CBC site brings a rise to my blood though.

This anti-abortion editorial was written by Canadian Physicians for Life.

That's as biased an editorial policy as you can get. An objectively written piece would have termed it pro-life or somehow picked a term without the negative connotations of "anti"...

I wonder if that fact even crossed the minds of the writer and/or editor.

Persuade enough people to support your wish, and CBC News may give you the chance to make your case to the rest of the country.

What are the odds the CBC may give a pro-life person the chance to make their case to the rest of the country? :rolleyes:

How developed does the fetus have to be for abortion to qualify as murder in your opinion? 8 months? 4 months? moment of conception?

If you acknowledge there is any point along the way, I think you throw out any rational pro-choice argument.

It's all or nothing really. Anything else is just emotional drivel.

Back to the real issue at hand, why did Facebook start these stupid apps things. They are cluttering everything up. Ugh. :lol: