More Criticism from Atlantic Canada

The Atlantic Accord is still there.

The Atlantic provinces were given an option.

They can keep the Atlantic Accord as is OR they can opt for more funding via equalization.

Seems like a case of wanting both...

This is interesting....from the Atlantic Accord itself.

"The amount of additional offset payment for a year shall be calculated as the difference between the Equalization payment that would be received by the province under the Equalization formula as it exists at the time if the province received no offshore petroleum resource revenues in that year, and the Equalization payment for the province in that year under the Equalization formula as it exists at the time, net of any payments made with respect to the existing Atlantic Accord or Equalization offset provisions."

The equalization formula was changed, there is no "choosing a formula" in the agreement. The agreement is for equalization that exists at the present time.

Nothing in your post contradicts what I said.

The Atlantic Accord is for the equalization program that existed prior to the last budget.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having lived in both the East and West coasts, I think I can say from experience that the people in both provinces are nice folks, but I will add that the folks in the east coast are as lazy as the day is long. They are always open to taking welfare and creating jobs that just meet the EI requirements so that everyone gets that full year of benefits. I even had one guy in Greenwood brag to me that he built his entire house on funding from welfare. The land was in his kids name and he collected cheques claiming he couldn't work due to a bad back caused by a fishing accident. Everywhere I went I saw someone doing some scam or another. This behavior is born from generations of government coddling. No one knows why, but for some reason the Feds babied the folks on the east coast, while ignoring the West...thus is life I guess.

Yes, some people try to scam the system, but that happens all over the country it is not a regional thing. Saying that ALL east coasters are lazy is an extreme insult to all the hard working people in Atlantic Canada not to mention all the hard workers that have left to work in other parts of Canada . Really shameful Freddie.

By the way, the people in the West also have a scam. We grow BC Bud and ship it to the east coast...It's obvious Danny Williams just might be a user as you'd have to smoke BC Bud to think the rest of Canada actually gives a crap about the East Coast. You're as foreign to the people here as the people in Spain are. So in reality we care more about quebec than we do you...and the majority really don't care about quebec so just imagine where you fall in our world of concerns! LOL
Glad to know were loved....are you 12 years old? Its nice how our region is sucked of its money, people, capital and resources and then told we are worthless.
So carry on whinning about how bad the East Coasters have it...Only thing happenings is the votes for the Coservatives increase when the rest of Canada think the conservatives are putting the east coasters in their place for once. Sad isn't it!
Yea, us fat cat east coasters. the streets are paved with equalization gold...sure its great....

Once again we have more fall out from the Liberal contracts. Its easy to sign away a crap load of money when you know your days in government are numbered. Here in BC we are still suffering through NDP "Gold Rush" contracts worth millions more than they should have been. The entire accord program was a waste as it has done nothing to make anyone happy in either the provinces, or the federal government. Which is what the Liberals are best at...besides stealing money from the taxpayers...But I digress.

Having lived in both the East and West coasts, I think I can say from experience that the people in both provinces are nice folks, but I will add that the folks in the east coast are as lazy as the day is long. They are always open to taking welfare and creating jobs that just meet the EI requirements so that everyone gets that full year of benefits. I even had one guy in Greenwood brag to me that he built his entire house on funding from welfare. The land was in his kids name and he collected cheques claiming he couldn't work due to a bad back caused by a fishing accident. Everywhere I went I saw someone doing some scam or another. This behavior is born from generations of government coddling. No one knows why, but for some reason the Feds babied the folks on the east coast, while ignoring the West...thus is life I guess.

By the way, the people in the West also have a scam. We grow BC Bud and ship it to the east coast...It's obvious Danny Williams just might be a user as you'd have to smoke BC Bud to think the rest of Canada actually gives a crap about the East Coast. You're as foreign to the people here as the people in Spain are. So in reality we care more about quebec than we do you...and the majority really don't care about quebec so just imagine where you fall in our world of concerns! LOL

So carry on whinning about how bad the East Coasters have it...Only thing happenings is the votes for the Coservatives increase when the rest of Canada think the conservatives are putting the east coasters in their place for once. Sad isn't it!

I'll be gone for the next four weeks. Must get back to Thailand for business. Looks to be the economy being hot here, and the cheap labour and cost of product in Thailand means I make $$$$$. <WINK> Life truly is a bitch isn't it!

Wow, you are amazing.