US Soldiers Kill Iraqi Children

Quote - BAGHDAD – Two Iraqi children were killed and another was wounded in a firefight between American soldiers and gunmen in southern Baghdad on Friday, the U.S. military said. End quote

If you read the whole article it is clear your title is not only misleading, it is dishonest.

Makes me doubt your character and your (if any) honour.

Another troll? Probably.

Borg

From your article:

"The children were found on the scene where the insurgents had holed up in a bunker and a shipping container on the eastern bank of the Tigris River during a gunbattle with U.S. forces on the opposite side, the military said."

Why the hell are the insurgents hiding amongst children? That's the issue, not the Americans hunting down the terrorists.

Your attack on the US soldiers is unwarrented in this case, you should be condemning the insurgents for using children as shields while attacking US soldiers.

Exactly WHERE in that article does it say insurgents were hiding with children?

It doesnt.

Using them as shields?

You draw that conclusion from the story because that is what you want to believe.

The story says these men were on the run,and ended up there.

The kids were there first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But dear posters what it all comes down to is this.

If the Americans were not there,causing all this death and murder in Iraq..

BRING EM ON..

then those children would probobly be alive

Maybe you missed the question.

Where in that article does it say these so called 'insurgents' were hiding among children.

I can answer that .

It doesnt.

Again,it says they were on the run and took cover where these children happened to be.

The American soldiers killed them.

But hey,why would anyone on this forum care about some Iraqi children being cared.

Maybe you missed the question.

Where in that article does it say these so called 'insurgents' were hiding among children.

I can answer that .

It doesnt.

Again,it says they were on the run and took cover where these children happened to be.

The American soldiers killed them.

But hey,why would anyone on this forum care about some Iraqi children being cared.

Hold on...

The statement, which said the incident was under investigation, said soldiers on the western side of the Tigris had engaged two armed men trying to smuggle weapons across the river by boat. The men fled to the eastern side, where they were joined by three other gunmen, the military said.

"After an initial firefight, the five gunmen took cover in a bunker and a large shipping container along the river bank. They continued firing across the river at the troops," the statement said.

"The soldiers returned fire with small arms, and eventually used tank rounds to destroy the bunker and end the attack."

The patrol on the eastern side, in which Barria was embedded, responded and moved into the area in the district of Zaafaraniya. There, the patrol found the children.

The dead boy lay behind the container, which had been torn open. Blood stained his hair. The other two were hiding in a ditch, wounded and screaming.

Barria saw around 30 U.S. soldiers and several Stryker armoured vehicles, backed up by two helicopters, on the western side of the river.

A U.S. paramedic treated the two wounded boys and they were taken in an Iraqi army vehicle to hospital, along with the body of the boy who had died at the scene, Barria had reported.

Apparently the American's cared more about the boys then the insurgents who seem to not have any culpability at all in their deaths.

We care about getting the full story, not some half assed description from some blind ideologue.

We care about getting the full story, not some half assed description from some blind ideologue.

if you really want the full story, why do you post up your own, " half assed description from some blind ideologue."

why not post up the full story --- there's plenty of blame to go around on this - not the least of which is the matter of international laws governing an occupying army's duty to maintain the safety and security of the indigenous population

BAGHDAD – Two Iraqi children were killed and another was wounded in a firefight between American soldiers and gunmen in southern Baghdad on Friday, the U.S. military said.

The children were found on the scene where the insurgents had holed up in a bunker and a shipping container on the eastern bank of the Tigris River during a gunbattle with U.S. forces on the opposite side, the military said.

The incident illustrated how easily Iraqis get caught up in Baghdad's violence. U.S. and Iraqi forces launched a crackdown last week that many see as a final attempt to avert a civil war.

Earlier on Friday, the U.S. military said it was investigating whether civilians, including two children, were killed during another fierce gunbattle in the western town of Ramadi on Wednesday that ended with U.S. air strikes destroying several buildings.

In the Baghdad incident, Reuters photographer Carlos Barria had been embedded with a separate U.S.-Iraqi patrol that came across the three boys at the scene after hearing gunfire for 15 minutes and two explosions. The patrol found one dead boy and two others, who were wounded and hiding in a concrete ditch.

In a statement seen on Saturday, the U.S. military said one of the wounded children had later died in hospital. All the boys looked no older than 12, Barria had reported.

Asked how the children were hurt, a U.S. military spokesman said: "We are looking into the circumstances of what caused the incident."

He said it was unclear if the children had been hurt from gunfire or shrapnel from any explosion.

The statement, which said the incident was under investigation, said soldiers on the western side of the Tigris had engaged two armed men trying to smuggle weapons across the river by boat. The men fled to the eastern side, where they were joined by three other gunmen, the military said.

"After an initial firefight, the five gunmen took cover in a bunker and a large shipping container along the river bank. They continued firing across the river at the troops," the statement said.

"The soldiers returned fire with small arms, and eventually used tank rounds to destroy the bunker and end the attack."

The patrol on the eastern side, in which Barria was embedded, responded and moved into the area in the district of Zaafaraniya. There, the patrol found the children.

The dead boy lay behind the container, which had been torn open. Blood stained his hair. The other two were hiding in a ditch, wounded and screaming.

Barria saw around 30 U.S. soldiers and several Stryker armoured vehicles, backed up by two helicopters, on the western side of the river.

A U.S. paramedic treated the two wounded boys and they were taken in an Iraqi army vehicle to hospital, along with the body of the boy who had died at the scene, Barria had reported.

Sorry guthrie, not a blind ideologue as you can see I posted the actual story in the previous report.

As for international laws, according to the report the American soldiers did nothing wrong when they engaged the insurgents, and they also provided medical care to the injured.

Firefight: Both sides give and both sides receive - often lots and lots - not just a few rounds.

Bottom line is kids died.

Bottom line is they could have died from either side.

Bottom line is these folks have used kids and such as shields before.

Bottom line - playing semantics - well it is easy to do.

Playing lawyer is easy to do.

Go to the place of action and you will see all sorts of things that will amaze you.

I can assure you I have never seen the Yanks deliberately target kids. And I have seen a lot of things in my day.

However there will be those who will happily do their best to stir the pot and / or create a twisted path with words to cloud the truth.

I have seen the opposition deliberately target non combatants - and I expect I will be called a liar for it - but I have seen it. And not a thing could be done about it.

Title states: US Soldiers Kill Iraqi Children

Makes it seem like they lined them up and shot them. Fact is that did not happen.

If this is truly Baylee s/he once almost talked to me like I was a human being.

If this truly is Baylee I am disappointed. We will never truly know but I can suspect.

Author is a troll.

Author is low.

Author obviously cannot be trusted to speak the truth - but can be trusted to lie at the drop of a hat.

Truth, duty, valour and honour are values that are worthwhile on the line and in business.

Author would not last a day on the line - the boys would smoke him out as a liar, a cheat and a person not to be trusted. They would do the same in a place of business. Shameful indeed.

Author may respond by twisting my words - but s/he knows what I am saying and s/he knows what I mean.

Borg

Apparently the American's cared more about the boys then the insurgents who seem to not have any culpability at all in their deaths.

We care about getting the full story,

Obviously the Americans didnt care enough,otherwise the childen would be alive.

As for getting the full story,hmmm,I thought the link to the story took care of that

"Makes it seem like they lined them up and shot them. Fact is that did not happen."

I didnt make it seem like that at all.

I clearly said if the Americans were not there ( invasion,ocupying,BRING EM ON) then more than likely these children would be alive

Firefight: Both sides give and both sides receive - often lots and lots - not just a few rounds.

Bottom line is kids died.

Bottom line is they could have died from either side.

Bottom line is these folks have used kids and such as shields before.

Borg

Bottom line, Bush/Cheney took America to Iraq by way of fraud and the most despicable all dirty politics -- all the atrocities committed in this war fall, finally, on the heads of the Bush Admin war hawks.

Bush/Cheney have lots of lawyers looking to cover their arses ---- what WE need is for them to stand before a judge to answer for these deaths

3154 young Americans dead in Iraq.

Who knows how many Iraqis the Americans have killed.

They themselves said they dont keep track.

February 24th, 2007 2:25 am

Nearly 800 contractors killed in Iraq

By Michelle Roberts / Associated Press

In a largely invisible cost of the war in Iraq, nearly 800 civilians working under contract to the Pentagon have been killed and more than 3,300 hurt doing jobs normally handled by the U.S. military, according to figures gathered by The Associated Press.

I clearly said if the Americans were not there ( invasion,ocupying,BRING EM ON) then more than likely these children would be alive

Or, depending on their political viewpoint tortured and killed. Either way Iraq seem's to be just one f%$ked up country.

Hey tit lover - would you care to prove this? Ever been to this wonderful, peace loving, colourful and open to new ideas country that loves racial and religious diversity? You should take a trip sometime - a place where all those of differing ideologies and thoughts and lifestyles are valued and loved and honoured and welcomed.

;->

Borg

To me it seems quite reasonable to assume the children were killed by American firepower.

And now this.

The US is also investigating whether civilians, including two children, were killed during another gun battle in Ramadi on Wednesday that ended with US airstrikes which destroyed several buildings.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2020841,00.html

So they invaded Iraq because they thought Saddam Hussein was a nice guy, that doesn't make any sense.

As well, the current administration has been proven to be incompetent in terms of international relations.

The USA invaded Iraq remember on the false allegations of WMD's

The current adminsitration has proven to be incompetant in terms of international relations, because it is a puppet of another administration that has proven itself incompetent in international relations.

BAGHDAD – Two Iraqi children were killed and another was wounded in a firefight between American soldiers and gunmen in southern Baghdad on Friday, the U.S. military said.

The children were found on the scene where the insurgents had holed up in a bunker and a shipping container on the eastern bank of the Tigris River during a gunbattle with U.S. forces on the opposite side, the military said.

The incident illustrated how easily Iraqis get caught up in Baghdad's violence. U.S. and Iraqi forces launched a crackdown last week that many see as a final attempt to avert a civil war.

Earlier on Friday, the U.S. military said it was investigating whether civilians, including two children, were killed during another fierce gunbattle in the western town of Ramadi on Wednesday that ended with U.S. air strikes destroying several buildings.

In the Baghdad incident, Reuters photographer Carlos Barria had been embedded with a separate U.S.-Iraqi patrol that came across the three boys at the scene after hearing gunfire for 15 minutes and two explosions. The patrol found one dead boy and two others, who were wounded and hiding in a concrete ditch.

In a statement seen on Saturday, the U.S. military said one of the wounded children had later died in hospital. All the boys looked no older than 12, Barria had reported.

Asked how the children were hurt, a U.S. military spokesman said: "We are looking into the circumstances of what caused the incident."

He said it was unclear if the children had been hurt from gunfire or shrapnel from any explosion.

Sorry guthrie, not a blind ideologue as you can see I posted the actual story in the previous report.

I see a missed communication here. I didn't mean your entire news report but the entire story of what happened.