I Thought They Were Going To Try Harder

BayLee

This is a link that goes further then Hearsay off the Television. People on this forum have been known to quote the news with alot of embellishment or outright fabrication.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...hub=CTVNewsAt11

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- Two unarmed Afghan civilians were shot and killed by NATO forces in a pair of bizarre, seemingly unrelated, incidents Saturday.

One episode, 12 kilometres west of Kandahar, involved a Canadian battle group patrol and a man the army implied may have been mentally unstable.

This supports the mental illness of your posting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thankyou

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My God,just what is going on with these Canadian soldiers?

Again today.

First they kill yet another unarmed civillian then they turn around and shoot and kill an Afghani POLICE OFFICER

In the words of military spokesman Maj. Dale MacEachern......

"these two deaths could make it harder for Canadian troops to win the trust of the police and the local population.

"Are they happy with this situation? Probably no," said MacEachern. "We're not happy with it. We regret it. It's not something we want to see happen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last week, Canadian troops shot and killed a civilian and wounded an Afghan police officer in two separate incidents. The military says investigations are ongoing into all of these cases.

People don't listen to Baylee, he's obviously omitting parts of the story in order to make Canadian soldiers look like murderers.

Canadian soldiers mistakenly killed an Afghan civilian and a member of the Afghan national police Sunday following an attack on a Canadian convoy.

No Canadians were injured in the attacks, which took place on a road through Kandahar City.

The convoy of RG-31 Nyala patrol vehicles and Coyote armoured cars was fired on twice, said military spokesman Maj. Dale MacEachern.

"The first attack occurred at 11:16 p.m. local time when the convoy was engaged by small arms and rocket-propelled grenade fire," said MacEachern. "Having sustained hits by anti-tank rockets, the convoy pushed through this attack without casualties."

About 30 minutes after that first attack, roughly three kilometres down the road, the convoy was forced to stop because a damaged vehicle broke down.

MacEachern says that's when insurgents attacked again with small-arms fire.

Continue Article

"Members of the convoy visually identified and engaged armed insurgents," he said.

"Unfortunately, a local Afghan national was shot and killed when he approached Canadian Forces soldiers who were engaged in the firefight despite warnings — repeated warnings — to move away."

Canadian soldiers also shot and killed an Afghan police officer.

MacEachern acknowledges these two deaths could make it harder for Canadian troops to win the trust of the police and the local population.

"Are they happy with this situation? Probably no," said MacEachern. "We're not happy with it. We regret it. It's not something we want to see happen."

Last week, Canadian troops shot and killed a civilian and wounded an Afghan police officer in two separate incidents. The military says investigations are ongoing into all of these cases.

More than 2,000 Canadian soldiers are serving in Afghanistan's southern Kandahar region. Since the mission started in 2002, 44 soldiers and one civilian have been killed.

Since Baylee has been involved in a firefight he is fully able to judge the people who are over there.

Baylee, it's not an American excuse. What do you say to someone who doesn't identify themselves and is moving towards the convoy during a fire fight. Repeat to them to stop, and if they fail to do so then you treat them as a threat. Every western country has the same thinking as well.

Baylee you conveniently omitted the fire fight, and much of the story. Theirs a reason you don't post any link's because it doesn't conform to your pathetic view of our soldiers.

Anyone who had heard any news report this morning knew about Canadian soldiers blowing away 2 more innocent people.

Why bother posting a link to something everyone already knew about and had heard the story

And yes its an American excuse.And we have seen with all the recent murder charges being laid against American soldiers just what a lie it can be.

And I know there have been quite a few murder charges recently agains American soldiers.

Just a matter of time for some of our guys

It's called a WAR you moron. You don't think innocent civilians were constantly murdered under the Taliban?

Yup, its a War. Innocent civilians were slain by the Taliban for religious and ethnic differences.

What is discouraging is the regrowth the Taliban has seen in recent years. They shouldn't be this popular after 6 years of NATO occupation. People should be enthralled with the development and the new government. But the Taliban and the Pashtuns, been at this for many years, and know their market.

baylee could be right folks. this morning on my pre-deployment training, after the 13km ruck march in -30 windchill, thank you global warming, we started our murder civilians training.

We start slow, first how to take out small kids and old people. 50 cal sniper rifle works best, however if you get in close with a bayonet it's more rewarding. Next we are going to learn how to kill pregnat women, 2 for one you can't pass that up:).

After that we will be learning how to cut off fingers & ears for our collections, not to mention they make an excellent necklace.

Then we will move on to taking out a innocent civilian village. You go in at night when all the kiddies are asleep, way more fun. First taget is always to schools, then of course the hospital, fun fun!! If we are really in a "goofy" mood, we call in an airstike at recess, catch the little ones outside with napalm.

You will all never know of course, because we are highly trained to cover these things up.

baylee will show us the way....

The talibs are not stupid, they know how to play to the media.

Anyhow, I have a 13km ruck march to do today, you all have a great day....

I hope it's all uphill. Make us middle age guys proud.:)

Not up hill, but -30 wind chill. I played hockey this afternoon, for the old timers:)......

Off to Norway Saturday for more training....

Anyone who had heard any news report this morning knew about Canadian soldiers blowing away 2 more innocent people.

Why bother posting a link to something everyone already knew about and had heard the story

Because according to the forum rules:

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/index.p...&CODE=01&HID=17

RESEARCH YOUR POST

If you are stating a fact, be prepared to back it up with some official sources (websites, links etc). It is also important to structure your post in a way that everyone can understand. That means writing complete sentences and paragraphs with the appropriate grammar. If for some reason, you enjoy writing long confusing sentences and paragraphs riddled with poor grammar and spelling mistakes, your post, and therefore your opinions, will likely be discarded. Therefore, it is in your best interest to make sure that your post includes sufficient sources and contains a well-researched and well-organized argument.

Oh yawn at you CB

You said elsewhere I have been called...

"nut, troll, idiot, and dense."

You have lied about what I supposedly said.

All against the rules.

Like I said,its amazing how you want to change the subject and go on an attack against someone simply relaying a news event.

Why dont you instead say how you feel about all the American soldiers who are being charged with murder against the civillians,plus other horrible crimes.

Why dont you say how you feel about how many times Canadian soldiers have"MISTAKELY"

blown away innocent civillians.

Try sticking to the topic for once

Oh yawn at you CB

You said elsewhere I have been called...

"nut, troll, idiot, and dense."

You have lied about what I supposedly said.

All against the rules.

Like I said,its amazing how you want to change the subject and go on an attack against someone simply relaying a news event.

Why dont you instead say how you feel about all the American soldiers who are being charged with murder against the civillians,plus other horrible crimes.

Why dont you say how you feel about how many times Canadian soldiers have"MISTAKELY"

blown away innocent civillians.

Try sticking to the topic for once

How I feel about the Canadians, freekin great, they are doing a great job under stressful conditions. Can't wait to join them in Apr.

Why don't YOU say anything about the hundreds of civilians the talibs have blown away with suicide bombs, vehicle bombs etc... Why don't you mention the women hung for wearing make up, or looking at a man.

Again, it is really easy to hide in mom & dads basement and critic soldiers on the other side of the world....

But Weaponeer, Baylee has been over to Afghanistan and has seen first hand everything that Canadian's have done and has been in the same position as every Canadian soldier over there. That's why he can speculate so much, despite the fact he's got no clue about what's going on in Afghanistan and what Canadian soldiers are trained to do.

Baylee, your criticizing all soldiers, this isn't a debate as much as you trying your best to slander Canadian soldiers. That's the reason you have failed to post an entire news article, or for that matter give an links.

Why don't YOU say anything about the hundreds of civilians the talibs have blown away with suicide bombs, vehicle bombs etc... Why don't you mention the women hung for wearing make up, or looking at a man.

I recall, the most difficult shot that photo journalists tried to get during the Afghan USSR war wasn't shots of CCCP soldiers but of an Afghan womans face.

Some Women wear makeup under those burkas. They could well be hung because of the religious police that the Karzai government has installed. We are not going to change that society anytime soon.

But Weaponeer, Baylee has been over to Afghanistan and has seen first hand everything that Canadian's have done and has been in the same position as every Canadian soldier over there.

Baylee, your criticizing all soldiers, this isn't a debate as much as you trying your best to slander Canadian soldiers.

No I havnt been to Afghanistan

CB is not only lieing yet again but acting very childish

And I havnt once slandered Canadian soldiers,just reported the news when they blow away innocent civillians,as is my right to do

And yes its an American excuse.And we have seen with all the recent murder charges being laid against American soldiers just what a lie it can be.

And I know there have been quite a few murder charges recently agains American soldiers.

Just a matter of time for some of our guys

I hadn't heard a news report that day, before I read your post.

Lest we forget.