Rick Mercer Report tonight - Just saw Liberal Ad Campaign

Well I have satellite and just saw the Dion spot.

Wow. He has no sense of humor. You can see the Dog Kyoto. It was obvious it was a Libearl Ad campaign and against Harper. They also show Dion's WIFE!

Next I'll get to watch Little Mosque on the prairie.

Watch CBC-A (atlantic) if you want to see the shows early and have BEV sat.

Wow.

Still watching,

It's unreal.. it's no wonder people don't support the CPC with publically funded shows like this.

It's litterally an Anit-Harper, Anti-CPC television show.

The crowed isn't even laughing that much. Pay attention and you'll see. That Rick guy is just grasping at strasws trying to make the CPC look bad.

You have clearly been hired by the CBC to do promotions to try and get people to watch their shows. It's clever of you to pose as a CBC critic and use arguments that make it appear that such critics are petty, overly socially conservative, and have poor spelling, thereby discrediting anti-CBC critics as a whole. It would have been more clever if you weren't so obvious.

Who would watch the CBC, I think I only watch CBC maybe once a month.

Who watches Canadian TV? Who actually pays for Canadian TV? Only suckers it seems because there is no law to stop anyone from using DirectTV or Dish Network.

There's a big DirectTV dish on 24 Sussex Drive.

Who watches Canadian TV? Who actually pays for Canadian TV? Only suckers it seems because there is no law to stop anyone from using DirectTV or Dish Network.

There's a big DirectTV dish on 24 Sussex Drive.

Theres a law against zapping cards in order to watch it.

I heard the PM has some friends in the RCMP.

Nah, when he first moved in, he had to call the cable company because his kids wanted to watch Forest Rangers and couldn't get it.

Nobody with American TV watches Forest Rangers.

A guy from town tried to get cable hooked up when he had a direct tv system, needless to say soon after the guy zapping cards got in shit from the RCMP and the first guy got a little fine.

That's funny with DirectTV his kids would forget all about that...

I thought the opening was ripe.....

Something like Dion a sociologist from Quebec.....the liberal have Alberta in the bag.....

Dion will be lucky if he's still leader of the opposition after the next election. All the Liberals can do is pray for an NDP meltdown.

Something like Dion a sociologist from Quebec.....the liberal have Alberta in the bag.....

Dion will be lucky if he's still leader of the opposition after the next election. All the Liberals can do is pray for an NDP meltdown.

?

Sorry, I missed the show. (not by accident, actually.) Can you explain the gag, and why the Liberals need to pray for an NDP meltdown? I'm quite confused.

-k

?

Sorry, I missed the show. (not by accident, actually.) Can you explain the gag, and why the Liberals need to pray for an NDP meltdown? I'm quite confused.

-k

The dion lucky was my add on...I think Dion and Harper are about equal in charm and charisma...which means he's doomed

Rick Mercer has fun with all politicians and all political issues. He calls the government on everything no matter who is in government; he was especially hard on Martin. Last night he was right on even though some of you don't like the Steve government coming under scrutiny.

wtf? Steve government? Is that somehow proof of how below your contempt Harper is that you can't even use his last name?

Any examples of how Mercer was especially hard on Martin? I'm guessing it had to do with the dithering, or the very prime ministerial going on tv to beg for time for his corrupt government...

I didn't see the Mercer/Dion piece "live" but played it on my computer from the CBC/Mercer site. I'm a Conservative and although I despise CBC's bias, I didn't find this clip to be anti-Harper. I did however, find Dion to be straight from Dullsville and I can't for the life of me, see how people could vote for this guy if they are looking for a leader. If you haven't seen the Harper/Mercer clip on the Accountability Act - take a look - it's pretty funny. Bear with it for a moment because it starts out looking quite serious but that's part of the ploy. Here's the link - just click on the Accountability video:

http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/

wtf? Steve government? Is that somehow proof of how below your contempt Harper is that you can't even use his last name?

Any examples of how Mercer was especially hard on Martin? I'm guessing it had to do with the dithering, or the very prime ministerial going on tv to beg for time for his corrupt government...

Yes, the Steve government. Doesn't that have quite the ring to it?

Mercer and Martin ... bullying his way into the leadership and then PM appointment only to be hit with JC's adscam; adscam, adscam and more adscam; dithering was right up there too; the Stronach defection. Pick anything and Mercer got on it. It was actually very funny.

Yes, the Steve government. Doesn't that have quite the ring to it?

Just a ring of ignorance and childishness on the party of anybody using such a derisive term.

Mercer and Martin ... bullying his way into the leadership and then PM appointment only to be hit with JC's adscam; adscam, adscam and more adscam; dithering was right up there too; the Stronach defection. Pick anything and Mercer got on it. It was actually very funny.

By actual examples I meant clips, links, any proof that your *memory* of Mercer's behaviour is in some way accurate?

I never watched it and watched it for the first time last night since I can't remember. I didn't know it was THAT much of a Liberal mouth peice! I thought the website was bad enough. But an hour straight of going after Harper?

Comparing him to Cuba and North Korea?

I'm sorry.. my tax dollars shoudln't be funding this. Maybe global can fund this program and see how far they get.

By actual examples I meant clips, links, any proof that your *memory* of Mercer's behaviour is in some way accurate?

It's a tv show for gawd's sake. And Rick Mercer to boot. Jeesh. Poor, poor critiqued Conservative.

Comparing him to Cuba and North Korea?

And what exactly was the context of that? Was it, let me see, something that now Canada, Cuba, North Korea, and was it China? all have in common? Oh yes - the Axis of Accountability. So, now should Mercer NOT say that we all have penalties for over-donating that could result in jail time? If it's true? Should he cover it up? Or should he just save it for the next time Liberals form a government? Or, could opinion ... just could opinion... be more than one sided without you poor, don't-dare-criticize-government-unless-it's-Liberal people getting your tails in a knot.

Holy Hannah.

And what exactly was the context of that? Was it, let me see, something that now Canada, Cuba, North Korea, and was it China? all have in common? Oh yes - the Axis of Accountability. So, now should Mercer NOT say that we all have penalties for over-donating that could result in jail time?

He was painting a picture that Harper was like a communist party. That was the jist of it. People don't look deep into issues. The believe what they see. That's Harper with a bunch of communists.

I don't feel he deserves that kind of treatment.

When you shove tax dollars in envelopes and pass them around, I feel that ok.. you have the right to be made fun of, but not by an attempt to do the right thing.

I got a Canadian Dish to watch Canadian News and the CBC as I so choose. Never really could get it before off the Antanee. I have a bad Direct, Good Dishnet, and really, sports is sports, movies are movies, so what are you getting that's different. Commercials :D