Arnold Wins, Leftwing Smear Fails

The LA Times spent 9 days trying to take down Arnold's campaign and they thankfully failed. Sitting on a story about Davis' own physical and verbal abuse of employees the LA Times employed Lie-beralism's favorite tactic - smear and stain.

The real issue was the economy, the high taxes and the incredibly inept spending not gropegate.

Now Arnold has to put forward a detailed platform of tax cuts, spending reductions and gov't downsizing. Time to cut down the size of government.

Maybe he can cut the LA Times down to size as well.

I hasten to point out that Gray Davis' caving into every demand of the gay lobby and the pro-aborts had alot to do with it too. since 54% voted for recall, and Arnie the liberal only got 48% of the vote and McClintock despite being virtually ignored by a star-struck media got 13%, that should tell you that a good many people were angered by the Davis social policy legacy as well.

Arnie is basically an empty suit, and McClintock's strong showing against the odds places him in a good position for the next election by which time Arnie will have probably buggered things up.

I'm not a Californian, so I sit and watch the west coast and I find it funny to see Arnie win. I think he's genuine but we'll see what happens. It did bother me how al these stories came out about him just days before the recall. Seems ironic.......

Something about McClintoc is that I saw him on TV in an interview saying you must look at the accusations against Arnie with skepticism because it was so close to the election. To see a politican defend his opponent, not because he agrees with him, but because he knew it was the right thing to do says a lot about a man. Kinda too bad we cna't have more politicians like the McClintoc guy.

Of course he won, his popularity of a fictional superhero in his movies has some psychological aspect to it, not to mention he has NO past political history for anyone to dispute, all he had was his sexual misbehavior to knock, which, the people of California had the right to know what kind of person would be representing them.

Are you trying to imply that the right wing never engages in smear campaigns, huh Mr. Hypocrite???

Well Mr Left wing apologist name some Right Wing smear campaigns if they so enrage you.

I quoted on another post a remark from a former LA Times writer that the 9 day campaign against Arnie is about as low a journalistic crusade as you can find, all the while, they sit on top of another investigation into Davis' conduct - his swearing, cup throwing, tantrum raising abusive episodes that in today's touchy feely world would be considered physical and mental abuse.

This is such biased and unworthy reporting that only a Liberal could read the LA Times ever again.

Gropegate failed because there are real issues and problems that need resolution in Cali. I am heartened that the voters saw past this nefarious smear campaign.

Well Mr Left wing apologist name some Right Wing smear campaigns if they so enrage you.

The attack on Anita Hill. Troopergate. (read David Brock's "Blinded by the right" for more) Monicagate. The ongoing McArthyist attacks on academia by likes of David Horowitz and Lynne Cheney. And so on.

All i have to say is at least Davis is out. Arnold won in a landside, so there won't be another Left-wing conspiracy to Take the election away, except for Jesse Jackson, but no one, (who is rational) will believe what that guy says.

If arnold does something good with the economy, could go either way, This is going to spell good for the '04 election, California's electoral votes will be up for grabs, YES!!!

I'm not a Californian and I am unsurprised but disappointed in the Californian people's decision to elect Arnold Schwartzeneggar.

Arnold, first of all, is in support of major drilling off the coast of California. Something that Californians have been opposing for a long time.

Second of all, though the Bush Administration says he doesn't want Arnold as governor in California, Arnold has the same political advisors behind him.

Third of all, Arnold has already shown to be better at getting away with his little misconducting than Clinton did. And look at what an outrage that was!

Essentially however, from what I do know, Arnold is not as bad as some that could have gotten elected and is a considerably better governor for California is, than George W. Bush is a president for the United States.

After all, I don't think Arnold will be revoking California's rights anytime soon.

Derek,

Before you get too excited, don't forget that Arnie is a moderate, i.e, Pro-Choice, Environmentalist (contradiction to his collection of Hummers), etc... Not to mention, his wife, a Kennedy, helped his cause out a lot so I would have to say this will do nothing for winning the electoral for President.

Don't forget that California is also feeling the lost jobs after the Bush administration took office and they want to point the finger at Davis. Every state is feeling the Bush economics but since Cali is the largest economy in the states, they feel it even more.

Derek,

Before you get too excited, don't forget that Arnie is a moderate, i.e, Pro-Choice, Environmentalist (contradiction to his collection of Hummers), etc... Not to mention, his wife, a Kennedy, helped his cause out a lot so I would have to say this will do nothing for winning the electoral for President.

Don't forget that California is also feeling the lost jobs after the Bush administration took office and they want to point the finger at Davis.  Every state is feeling the Bush economics but since Cali is the largest economy in the states, they feel it even more.

It's not about that. Many states with Republican Giovernors were lost to Democrats(Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania) so it means nothing. No conspiracy, no move to form the next government. Just somebody trying to do a good job while giving up millions they could be making in the film industry.

I was reading an article today where Arnold was quoted as saying he would have no time to make movies. A colomnist wrote that that was reassuring. How nice of the Governor to stop making movies in order to do his job. This Liberal snippy bitch writer forgot to inform the readership of the context of Arnold's quote. He was asked by a reporter if he planned on making movies. It's funny though that he is pro choice, pro gay, pro public school and a non native English speaking immigrant and the Democrats called him a Nazi. It kills me.

Also watch for Davis to award all sorts of goodies to his trough lickers like Clinton did as well the rumor has it that the Democrats will start throwing curve balls at Arnold in the form of weird bills the second he takes office. Theses would be designed to screw him up, take an overt about of time and be quite contreversial. They figure that his voter base is so broad that these clown Democrats may find themselves recalled if they try this crap.

Dear all,

Arnold as govenor shall be as much of a success as Ronald Reagan was. An actor placed in the role (of Governor of California and then President of the USA) firmly directed by big business and lobby groups, with no independent thought required nor asked for.

Reagan was a puppet of George H.W. Bush and there is no reason to think his neither his son nor Arnold will perform otherwise.

Something about self made millionaire you don't like? Arnold was a millionaire before he became a Hollywood star. His line of fitness equipment and investments through wise decisions did it. What did Davis do? Arnold has sucessfully ran the gaumet of Hollywood, an industry like any other with budgets, deadlines, supply and demand decisions and at a profit each time. Anything with his name on it makes money. By luck? No, by skill and shrewd leadership. You can't take that away from him. What did Davis do that you admire so much? Run the State into a near depression?

As for Regan, through his get tough stance and bluff with the Starwars program made the Soviet Union give up and in effect did what no other man could do - bring the Berlin Wall down. You think it just happend by luck? Hell no. The Russians gave up because they knew they couldn't compete.

I still can't get over how bad people wanted to recall Davis and say the Democrats couldn't balance the budget in California; however, Bush, a Repuplican, is credited for the Largest Federal Deficit in U.S. history AND, he even inherited the largest Federal Surpluss in history from Clinton..........this doesn't even count in the $89 billion plus $50 plus Billion that Bush expects/hopes to get from the U.N. to pay for Iraq.

SHOULDN'T WE BE RECALLING BUSH???

There are many things wrong with that statement BMG,

First Sept. 11, second the war on terrorism. These events took a lot of money out of our country.

Don't put the full blame on bush. No we shouldn't be recalling him.

Its pitiful when democRATs think Clinton was the greatest president in the last 3 decades.

When he lied under oath, was impeached, had oral sex while he was in the oval office.

God what a schmuck.

I wish he would have resigned....

First and foremost, the Constitution of the United States which created and controls the conduct of the Federal Government does not contain provision for a recall of a President.

The Constitution of the State of California does contain such a provision.

It would take many trillions of additional debt to have the US Government in as sad a shape as the State of California.

Federal surplus/deficit/debt has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

I still can't get over how bad people wanted to recall Davis and say the Democrats couldn't balance the budget in California; however, Bush, a Repuplican, is credited for the Largest Federal Deficit in U.S. history AND, he even inherited the largest Federal Surpluss in history from Clinton..........this doesn't even count in the $89 billion plus $50 plus Billion that Bush expects/hopes to get from the U.N. to pay for Iraq.

SHOULDN'T WE BE RECALLING BUSH???

What you don't get is that it is not about parties but common sense. Davis was an idiot, Swartznegger is a producer. You think that the Democrats that voted for Arnnie are going to vote for Bush???????

Parties mean nothing here. For once, people are working together. Only the hardcore Democrats are going to pull the other way.

As for recalling Bush I would encourage you to first wait until the polls go below the 56% level they are now to somewhere around 20%. Then you won't look like too much of an idiot going door to door with a crap recall petition.

Arnie's screw up number one since taking office, he asked Bush for advise on balancing the budget...........HAHAHAHAHAHA..........PLEASE, give me a break!

No. They talked about Arnolds plans for rejuvinating the California economy and lowering the deficit. Then Arnold mentioned to Bush that he would be asking for money. Bush listened then they talked about family and stuff like that. i don't believe that at any point Bush offered advice on what to do. If he did, it would surprise even me who believes that Bush is not a very bright man but is birght enough to listen to people who know what they are talking about. BTW, he has a lot of people around him that know what they are talking about.

Is that the break you were looking for? So far, no screw ups and you? Lie number one on this subject.

The two key issues he was voted in on were the economy and those DLs. These were the reason that Democrats crossed party lines to turf Davis and put Arnie in. I doubt if he will have much problem pushing that one through. Matter of fact it will slide quite easily I imagine. If it does not then he simply just goes to the people on it and gets it approved to the chagrin of the Dems.

Dear KK,

I believe Arnold's first actual challenge (besides asking for federal money) is resolving the "(Wetback) Driver's License" issue. I don't follow US politics a whole lot, but it seems, to me, lunacy to give DLs to non-citizens without legitimate 'papers' such as a work or student visa, etc.

Even worse, in America if you have a DL you have access to everything else. Kinda like a backdoor to legit.