Your Personal Experiences with Anglo-European Christian White Males

She:kon!

Their priests are devil worshippers and their women fly around on brooms. All their male-children wear dresses and then get their heads dunked with cooking oil in preparation for cooking.

I seen this one time in a Church where all of them got down on their knees to ritually canibalize some guy named Geezus. And then I heard this nun yelling "Geezus I'm coming...." and you know she might have gone if the Priest wasn't on top of her holding her down.....

Anyone else get their experience from Anglo-European Christian White Males....I hear they even have a gay pride day....

O:nen

Well thats the first time I had to use the report button.

If you were trying to make a point about bigotry on here you failed miserably, because you took it one step further. Hypocrisy will get you nowhere in life, and if you had a beef with another member simply report it. If you are a liberal, then I'd assume you hate bigotry, yet you practice bigotry in reponse to bigotry.

No Scourge Boy, I simply stated that their needs to be more help given to those in aboriginal communities.

I'm sure he is just another Residential School supporter......

You know what THEY did to innocent children under the guise of "helping" them....

I never supported aboriginal residential schools, I did say I supported funding programs for natives to get help in pursuing post secondary education at any school they wish, as well as providing more for education so we see more people getting finished their high school and going forward in life instead of turning to crime. I don't see whats so evil about that, if you'd like to enlighten me I'd love to hear it.

This is completely useless, I'm getting sick of this. I Back up my statements with stats, yet then you simply come back with ignorant remarks. All I said was that the current system is failing and I'd rather more money be spent towards ensuring natives got an education as well as post secondary to help in their future. For this I've been called a bigot, racist, support residential schools, whatever.

Their are a few problems in this country that need to be solved, poverty, crime, substance abuse, etc. Personally I'd rather not ignore those problems.

So for those two members attacking me, do you want Canadian's to stop responding to poverty, crime, and substance abuse problems on reserves? Would you rather Canadian's completely ignore natives in Canada?

I have a funny feeling that neither of those questions will be answered by those members. ;)

Here's my reply:

"Brother, the Great Spirit Has Made Us All"

"We first knew you a feeble plant which wanted a little earth whereon to grow. We gave it to you; and afterward, when we could have trod you under our feet, we watered and protected you; and now you have grown to be a mighty tree, whose top reaches the clouds, and whose branches overspread the whole land, whilst we, who were the tall pines of the forest, have become a feeble plant and need your protection."

Friend and Brother! It was the will of the Great Spirit that we should meet together this day. He orders all things, and he has given us a fine day for our council. He has taken his garment from before the sun and has caused the bright orb to shine with brightness upon us. Our eyes are opened so that we see clearly. Our ears are unstopped so that we have been able to distinctly hear the words, which you have spoken. For all these favors we thank the Great Spirit and him only.

Brother! This council fire was kindled by you. It was at your request that we came together at this time. We have listened with attention to what you have said. You have requested us to speak our minds freely. This gives us great joy, for we now consider that we stand upright before you, and can speak what we think. All have heard your voice and all speak to you as one man. Our minds are agreed.

Brother! You say that you want an answer to your talk before you leave this place. It is right that you should have one, as you are a great distance from home, and we do not wish to detain you. But we will first look back a little, and tell you what our fathers have told us, and what we have heard from the white people.

Brother! Listen to what we say. There was a time when our forefathers owned this great island. Their seats extended from the rising to the setting of the sun. The Great Spirit had made it for the use of Indians. He had created the buffalo, the deer, and other animals for food. He made the bear and the deer, and their skins served us for clothing. He had scattered them over the country, and had taught us how to take them. He had caused the earth to produce corn for bread. All this he had done for his red children because he loved them.

If we had any disputes about hunting grounds, they were generally settled without the shedding of much blood. But an evil day came upon us. Your forefathers crossed the great waters and landed on this island. Their numbers were small. They found friends and not enemies. They told us they had fled from their own country for fear of wicked men, and had come here to enjoy their religion. They asked for a small seat. We took pity on them, granted their request and they sat down amongst us. We gave them corn and meat. They gave us poison (spirituous liquor) in return. The white people had now found our country. Tidings were carried back and more came amongst us. Yet we did not fear them. We took them to be friends. They called us brothers. We believed them and gave them a large seat. At length their numbers had greatly increased. They wanted more land. They wanted our country. Our eyes were opened, and our minds became uneasy. Wars took place. Indians were hired to fight against Indians, and many of our people were destroyed. They also brought strong liquors among us. It was strong and powerful and has slain thousands.

Brother! Our seats were once large, and yours were very small. You have now become a great people, and we have scarcely a place left to spread our blankets. You have got our country, but you are not satisfied. You want to force your religion upon us.

Brother! Continue to listen. You say that you are sent to instruct us how to worship the Great Spirit agreeably to his mind; and if we do not take hold of the religion which you white people teach we shall be unhappy hereafter. You say that you are right, and we are lost. How do you know this to be true? We understand that your religion is written in a book. If it was intended for us as well as for you, why has not the Great Spirit given it to us; and not only to us, but why did he not give to our forefathers the knowledge of that book, with the means of understanding it rightly? We only know what you tell us about it. How shall we know when to believe, being so often deceived by the white people?

Brother! You say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agree, as you can all read the book?

Brother! We do not understand these things. We are told that your religion was given to your forefathers and has been handed down, father to son. We also have a religion, which was given to our forefathers, and has been handed down to us, their children. We worship that way. It teaches us to be thankful for all the favors we received, to love each other, and to be united. We never quarrel about religion.

Brother! The Great Spirit has made us all. But he has made a great difference between his white and red children. He has given us a different complexion and different customs. To you he has given the arts; to these he has not opened our eyes. We know these things to be true. Since he has made so great a difference between us in other things, why may not we conclude that he has given us a different religion, according to our understanding? The Great Spirit does right. He knows what is best for his children. We are satisfied.

Brother! We do not wish to destroy your religion, or to take it from you. We only want to enjoy our own.

Brother! You say you have not come to get our land or our money, but to enlighten our minds. I will now tell you that I have been at your meetings and saw you collecting money from the meeting. I cannot tell what this money was intended for, but suppose it was for your minister; and if we should conform to your way of thinking, perhaps you may want some from us.

Brother! We are told that you have been preaching to the white people in this place. These people are our neighbors. We are acquainted with them. We will wait a little while, and see what effect your preaching has upon them. If we find it does them good and makes them honest and less disposed to cheat Indians, we will then consider again what you have said.

“Brother! – Great numbers of black coats have been among the Indians. With sweet voices and smiling faces, they offered to teach them the religion of the white people. Our brethren in the East listened to them. They turn from the religion of their fathers, and look up the religion of the white people. What good has it done? Are they more friendly, one to another, than we are? No, Brother! They are a divided people; we are united. They quarrel about religion; we live in love and friendship. Besides, they drink strong waters, and they have learned how to cheat and how to practice all the other vices of the white people, without imitating their virtues. “

“Brother! – We do not worship the Great Spirit as the white people do, but believe that the forms of worship are indifferent to the Great Spirit. It is the homage of sincere hearts that pleases him, and we worship him in that manner.”

"We also have a religion which was given to our forefathers, and has been handed down to us their children. It teaches us to be thankful, to be united, and to love one another! We never quarrel about religion."

“Brother! –If you white people murdered the Saviour , make it up yourselves. We had nothing to do with it. If he had come among us, we should have treated him better”

Brother! You have now heard our answer to your talk, and this is all we have to say at present. As we are going to part, we will come and take you by the hand, and hope the Great Spirit will protect you on your journey, and return you safe to your friends.

“Brother! – If you wish us well then keep away; don’t disturb us.”

Red Jacket, Seneca Sachem May 1811

Are you saying Peace or Hello when you say She:Kon?

Interesting, especially since it was the whites who had destroyed the native people. Whites are also largely responsible for the substance abuse, poverty, and the residential schools. I acknowledge it, and I'd rather support natives with programs that can help them be free from substance abuse, get jobs, and stay away from crime. No offense but it seems like your arguing for segregation here.

Yet your most vicious attacks have been aimed at myself so far for saying that we should support aboriginals.

Anyways in the spirit of unity I'd like to share a video with everyone to help bridge our differences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd6weEzrdUQ

Tsi:

I knew one named Canadian Blue who thinks that all Aboriginal people need help to overcome their social ills because they can't seem to do it themselves.

Actually, personally I've supported cutting 'aboriginal' peoples off completely from their racial entitlements and let them do it themselves.

Your very untactful Temagami and I'd really like to see you gone with comments like that.

Geoffie:

Your very untactful Temagami and I'd really like to see you gone with comments like that.

No...I simply call'em as I sees 'em. And to back myself up, Bleu ranted on another thread about Natives being "given" education, like they never paid for it by exchanging the land.

Hmmmm.

I think I have you two figured out....and i think that bugs you.

Sorry.

So for those two members attacking me, do you want Canadian's to stop responding to poverty, crime, and substance abuse problems on reserves? Would you rather Canadian's completely ignore natives in Canada?

I have a funny feeling that neither of those questions will be answered by those members. ;)

Best thing to do is not reply, and put the two of them on ignore.

Bleu:

Sorry, I missed this earlier:

So for those two members attacking me, do you want Canadian's to stop responding to poverty, crime, and substance abuse problems on reserves?

You mean they already haven't? Where is a federal poverty reduction strategy? Why don't they lead the fight? The Feds committed to eradiicating child poverty by the year 2000 in 1989...and yet the number of kids living in poverty has increased by over one percent -representing a further 500,000 kids.

so, you tell me. Has Canada done anything to halt poverty? No. Drugs? We have Crystal Meth running through the country now, and it's increasing.

What have you done to halt any of these ills Bleu? Go to school to learn about them?

Would you rather Canadian's completely ignore natives in Canada?

You mean they don't already? That has been the preferred course of action in this country since, say, 1867.

Oooh...I'm sorry. The Indian Act was changed in the late 50's to make Indians unilateral Canadian citizens, and it was amended in the early 1960's to give us the vote we have been missing since 1867...oh, and it was changed in the 80's to allow women to retain their status.

What progress, Bleu! Keep it coming!!! You're doing such a great job!!!

Bleu:

Interesting, especially since it was the whites who had destroyed the native people. Whites are also largely responsible for the substance abuse, poverty, and the residential schools. I acknowledge it, and I'd rather support natives with programs that can help them be free from substance abuse, get jobs, and stay away from crime. No offense but it seems like your arguing for segregation here.

Seeing as how your Crown's ideas of "helping" natives included residential schools, purposefully taking children away from families in the 60's, and in extreme cases, enforced sterilization, I'd say there was a very strong argument for segregation.

However, I'd prefer to let the Aboriginal people deal with these issues themselves...and it would help more if your government bothered to live up to their treaty obligations and stopped considering us for grand social experiments. In other words, let's work as equals, and not as wards of the State. Why don't you pressure your government to live up to it's obligations? We traded the land for certain rights, and the government has eroded those rights unilaterally without any consultation with Natives.

Do you prefer that we remain wards? Don't you think it would help if the Natives took control over their lives and began enforcing our laws?

If you were trying to make a point about bigotry on here you failed miserably, because you took it one step further. Hypocrisy will get you nowhere in life, and if you had a beef with another member simply report it. If you are a liberal, then I'd assume you hate bigotry, yet you practice bigotry in reponse to bigotry.

I thought it was quite funny. Is there a comedy report button?

I give the author two comedy thumbs up!

As Albert Einstein often said;

"You cannot solve problems using the same thinking that created them in the first place."

And of course that is the root of the "Indian problem". The cause is clearly rooted in western anglo-european white christian male thinking. (This is to differentiate from the female mindset since those who do not believe in the male superiority like the men can often see our point of view much easier)

The sooner that people like you stop "helping" us the sooner we will recover from our poverty and hardships. We don't need or want to be like you and would prefer finding more traditional solutions to our issues. This does'nt mean reverting to the stone age, but it does involve taking a long and thoughtful look at each individual problem and treating the whole community at the same time. It does not involve agendas and pre-determined decisions.

Of course most of you still seem to believe "we're from the government and we're here to help you...." - at least where it concerns us. We know that is one of the big lies....but then again we know that you accept whatever is put in your mouth and then swallow hard....

Seeing as how your Crown's ideas of "helping" natives included residential schools, purposefully taking children away from families in the 60's, and in extreme cases, enforced sterilization, I'd say there was a very strong argument for segregation.

So should we stop giving tax dollars to reserves then. As well I wasn't part of the crown back in the 60's, I was born in the 80's. Has segregation ever solved anything by the way? Do you want to build walls and barriers to the rest of the country. I highly doubt that will ever happen.

And of course that is the root of the "Indian problem". The cause is clearly rooted in western anglo-european white christian male thinking. (This is to differentiate from the female mindset since those who do not believe in the male superiority like the men can often see our point of view much easier)

Of course all white males have the same line of thinking, you criticize me for "supposedly" saying all natives are addicts yet you specify that all white males have the same line of thinking. Anybody else smell hypocrisy.

You mean they already haven't? Where is a federal poverty reduction strategy? Why don't they lead the fight? The Feds committed to eradiicating child poverty by the year 2000 in 1989...and yet the number of kids living in poverty has increased by over one percent -representing a further 500,000 kids.

I gave a solution which you conveniently ignored. I'd rather have natives be in the framework of Canada's multicultural society rather then a segregated group from Canadian's as you seem to approve of.

Of course most of you still seem to believe "we're from the government and we're here to help you...." - at least where it concerns us. We know that is one of the big lies....but then again we know that you accept whatever is put in your mouth and then swallow hard....

Well, if we withdraw all ambulance services, all fire services, and all RCMP from reserves I think that the reserves would be in trouble without the government help.

Let me get this straight do you want the government to stop giving money to the reserves alltogether???

Frere Bleu:

So should we stop giving tax dollars to reserves then.

You can do whatever you want. Treaty payments come from the Crown, so they can use whatever money they see fit to maintain their obligation for the original land exchange.

I just don't want you to feel that you are giving Natives anything.

As well I wasn't part of the crown back in the 60's,

Your parents were..and they ran up the debt you currently are paying for, so don't give me this crap about "history" when we are all still paying for your ancestor's mistakes.

I was born in the 80's.

Which explains why you lack any reality base concerning Canadian history. If asked, I would have thought you were born yesterday.

Has segregation ever solved anything by the way?

Nope, which is why I don't promote it.

Do you want to build walls and barriers to the rest of the country.

no, but your American cousins certainly are on their border with Mexico.

I highly doubt that will ever happen.

Then don't come crying to me when you see the Yankees building a fence between our countries.

Of course all white males have the same line of thinking, you criticize me for "supposedly" saying all natives are addicts yet you specify that all white males have the same line of thinking.

I never once considered you representative of all white males, but if you feel that way, then crown yourself as such. I just think you think like Geoff and a few others here, who create topics like: "We pay while Indians live in luxury", then give us a link to a news story that explains that the people affected are not all Aboriginal, but the Natives are the ones focussed on, and then the whining starts when a few of us point out that the topic heading is spun to focus specifically on Native people.

You don't seem to mind that fact. In fact, you've been a pillar of support for people like Geoff.

Anybody else smell hypocrisy.

coming from you....a long, long time ago.

I gave a solution which you conveniently ignored.

Really? Where?

I'd rather have natives be in the framework of Canada's multicultural society rather then a segregated group from Canadian's as you seem to approve of.

They are already in the framework. What would make you think otherwise? listening to Geoff? He's a separatist who is caught lying repeatedly.

Well, if we withdraw all ambulance services, all fire services, and all RCMP from reserves I think that the reserves would be in trouble without the government help.

Do you actually believe that Native people aren't Paramedics, Firemen and Police? Are you for friggin' real?

You are consistently proving my point about your screwed-up reasoning. You actually think that white Canadians hold these jobs? Buddy...Native people are firemen and police in Calgary and Edmonton, not just on reserve.

you sound as retarded as White Mens Jobs (aka Who's doing who)

Let me get this straight do you want the government to stop giving money to the reserves alltogether???

No, I want the government to live up to it's treaty obligations and roll back it's racist laws, like the Indian Act, so we can be self-determining and live under our own laws and regulations.

Geoffie:

No...I simply call'em as I sees 'em. And to back myself up, Bleu ranted on another thread about Natives being "given" education, like they never paid for it by exchanging the land.

Hmmmm.

I think I have you two figured out....and i think that bugs you.

Sorry.

Not hard to figure us out we just want equality for all Canadians.

I thought it was quite funny. Is there a comedy report button?

I give the author two comedy thumbs up!

Well he has repeatedly shown he is nothing more than a joke.

Their priests are devil worshippers and their women fly around on brooms. All their male-children wear dresses and then get their heads dunked with cooking oil in preparation for cooking.

I seen this one time in a Church where all of them got down on their knees to ritually canibalize some guy named Geezus. And then I heard this nun yelling "Geezus I'm coming...." and you know she might have gone if the Priest wasn't on top of her holding her down.....

Anyone else get their experience from Anglo-European Christian White Males....I hear they even have a gay pride day....

O.k. Here is my roblem with Anglo-European Christian white males. First off they put mayonaise or butter on sandwitches when they really should try mustard.

Secondly they can't dress. They always dress like they are playing golf.

Thirdly they are Toronto Maple Leaf fans which is really retarded.

Fourthly, they are afraid to admit they have a thing for women of colour when they are straight.

Fifthly, they have a hang up about circumcission.

Sixthly, they make lousy stand up comedians.

Other then that, I suppose they are o.k. although I used to fight a lot with them and Anglo-European Catholic white males when I was a kid since I lived in an Irish neighbourhood and I was the only Jew and Easter was a pain in the butt.

Some of their women sort of have flat butts, and not all of them are pedophiles, but I mean all in all,

they really aren't that bad, once you beat the crap out of them in a hockey game. Also they can be quite nice if you make them feel guilty especially if you do something to help them when they are in trouble.

They could do with a bit of sun.

O.k. Here is my roblem with Anglo-European Christian white males. First off they put mayonaise or butter on sandwitches when they really should try mustard.

Secondly they can't dress. They always dress like they are playing golf.

Thirdly they are Toronto Maple Leaf fans which is really retarded.

Fourthly, they are afraid to admit they have a thing for women of colour when they are straight.

Fifthly, they have a hang up about circumcission.

Sixthly, they make lousy stand up comedians.

Other then that, I suppose they are o.k. although I used to fight a lot with them and Anglo-European Catholic white males when I was a kid since I lived in an Irish neighbourhood and I was the only Jew and Easter was a pain in the butt.

Some of their women sort of have flat butts, and not all of them are pedophiles, but I mean all in all,

they really aren't that bad, once you beat the crap out of them in a hockey game. Also they can be quite nice if you make them feel guilty especially if you do something to help them when they are in trouble.

They could do with a bit of sun.

Such stereotypes...okay....I'm male but only an 1/8 or so sassonach...I put keen or dijon mustard on all things meat, except for fish and poultry, then it's mayo

I am wearing a black hathoway shirt, Jones of New York suit and bostonian oxfords....my underwear is white

I am a habs fan

I have had an east indian girl friend, but mainly jewish girls till my wife.

I am circumsised like my son

I prefer to sit...Like Bob Newhart does........

...I avoid the sun

Bah. What have you ever done to earn that? You never owned the land, don't even start with that.

You just defined a typical apartheid or rights by race situation perfectly. You deserve all of these privledges because of who your parents were. I'm not willing to accept such blatant racism.