Poll on religion

Figleaf

Poll on religion  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This could be interesting.

Poorly designed, but yes. By the way, I am not "Ishmaeli", whatever that is.

Ishmaeli mulsims are Shiates who are led by the Aga Kahn. They are known for their charity and beautiful women and western approach to life. They are easily the most ecumenical of muslims.

This poll is flawed by the fact it ignores the volatility of world wide religions in which you would receive different answers from different countries of the world.

For instance in an affluent society religion is not as powerful pertaining to belief as in countries that are not affluent and religion becomes a very powerful entity.

Is this not the very problem associated with the difference between Christianity and Islam?

Islam projects a powerful dominating force identified with it's religion as compared to Christianity which basically if compared in the way power is a moral supporter and reaffirms the existence of God, albeit in some countries more powerful than others.

This poll is flawed by the fact it ignores the volatility of world wide religions in which you would receive different answers from different countries of the world.

For instance in an affluent society religion is not as powerful pertaining to belief as in countries that are not affluent and religion becomes a very powerful entity.

Is this not the very problem associated with the difference between Christianity and Islam?

Islam projects a powerful dominating force identified with it's religion as compared to Christianity which basically if compared in the way power is a moral supporter and reaffirms the existence of God, albeit in some countries more powerful than others.

IMO it just comes down to the level of commitment to a black and white belief system. Religious or not people who are very committed to a belief system that preeches a definite right or wrong and leave little room for grey area scare me. Often level of affluence and education tend to lower the commitment to a belief system but that's not always the case. Americans are more affluent than Canadians yet they are more religious.

I thought that this poll was rubbish.

In the essential questions of God and his/her/its relationship with humankind, 'truth' is held by:
The answer to this is "that which does be" (or, existence itself)
In making moral decisions, I would count on ...
The answer to this is "myself'
My choices in in the larger questions of existence are based on:
What 'larger questions'?

As a 'pragmatic agnostic', I would answer 'reason', but it is essentially the same question as #2

Americans are more affluent than Canadians yet they are more religious.

Now I really don't know exactly know what you mean, when you make a statement like this.

Is this supposed to be a good thing or bad thing?

In Canada most Canadians cannot even define what constitutes a Canadian. But can you blame them, as the Liberals for years have been trying hard to separate the important factors that make Canadians nationalistic and patriotic.

If the Americans are affluent as well as religious, explains why Americans are so nationalistic and patriotic compared to Canadians.

Then what is it the important factor Canadians are lacking compared to Americans? That important factor is 'Christian nationalism' something the Liberals have been trying to bury in Canada.

But notice, it is perfectly acceptable to allow Quebec to be an extremely nationalistic province. But rather then Christianity, the premise now in Quebec to account for this strong sense of nationalism, is based on language and culture, an extremely divisive component when trying to harmonize the Canadian masses to work together.

Canada and the U.S. have evolved utilizing the same solid 'base' being Christianity to spiritualize the country that has worked hand in hand with past governments to create a great civilized, advanced country.

Unfortunately to-day Canada is lost and struggling with a major identity problem due to the loss of 'Christian nationalism' and replaced with floundering, troublesome 'official multiculturalism' which is a poor excuse to create a strong nationalistic sense of pride and along with a unified patriotic attachment to Canada.

Be critical of the U.S. all you want, but the fact is they are leaps and bounds ahead of Canada concerning nationalism and patriotism something Canada tries to mimic with 'devastating to unity' and 'divisive' multiculturalism which robs a nation of a single unified force and weakens the national mind.

Americans are more affluent than Canadians yet they are more religious.

Now I really don't know exactly know what you mean, when you make a statement like this.

Is this supposed to be a good thing or bad thing?

In Canada most Canadians cannot even define what constitutes a Canadian. But can you blame them, as the Liberals for years have been trying hard to separate the important factors that make Canadians nationalistic and patriotic.

If the Americans are affluent as well as religious, explains why Americans are so nationalistic and patriotic compared to Canadians.

Then what is it the important factor Canadians are lacking compared to Americans? That important factor is 'Christian nationalism' something the Liberals have been trying to bury in Canada.

But notice, it is perfectly acceptable to allow Quebec to be an extremely nationalistic province. But rather then Christianity, the premise now in Quebec to account for this strong sense of nationalism, is based on language and culture, an extremely divisive component when trying to harmonize the Canadian masses to work together.

Canada and the U.S. have evolved utilizing the same solid 'base' being Christianity to spiritualize the country that has worked hand in hand with past governments to create a great civilized, advanced country.

Unfortunately to-day Canada is lost and struggling with a major identity problem due to the loss of 'Christian nationalism' and replaced with floundering, troublesome 'official multiculturalism' which is a poor excuse to create a strong nationalistic sense of pride and along with a unified patriotic attachment to Canada.

Be critical of the U.S. all you want, but the fact is they are leaps and bounds ahead of Canada concerning nationalism and patriotism something Canada tries to mimic with 'devastating to unity' and 'divisive' multiculturalism which robs a nation of a single unified force and weakens the national mind.

"Be critical of the U.S. all you want, but the fact is they are leaps and bounds ahead of Canada concerning nationalism and patriotism something Canada tries to mimic with 'devastating to unity' and 'divisive' multiculturalism which robs a nation of a single unified force and weakens the national mind."

Knew an American who considered Canadians to be incredibly patriotic. Her point was that when you come up here you see the maple leaf and canadian branded on pretty much everything. Many Canadians including myself are very patriotic towards their country. Multiculturalism only makes me more proud of my country. Sure we have difficulties but you look at the other places of the world where they tried to tie together so many distinct groups it usually ended up in war. Canada is the great experiment and Im proud that it works at least a little and we can be an example to the rest of the world. The planets smaller and you cant turn back globalization. Best to try to learn to live together...even within those artifical lines drawn on the globe.

Your rants seem to always center around your dismay that you dont live in a Christian dominated society. Im truly sorry you cant feel included in Canadian society. And Im truly sorry the only way you feel you can be included is by excluding others or forcing them to follow your beliefs.