The NDP and Hezbollah

M.Dancer

Disarming Hezbollah and folding it into the Lebanese army was under active public discussion in Lebanon at the time of the last outbreak

While they were chatting, Hezbollah was attacking. You think Israel should allow their citizens to be murdered so they could chat forever amongst themselves?

Lebanon was dealing with its issues.
No they weren't. Had they thet wouldn't have been attacked.
How about Resolution 446?

You seem confused. 446 has nothing to do with lebanon.

Given the general environment in the Middle East, the incidents you describe are minor border skirmishes and do not justify Israel's response

Nice. Real Nice. Murdering civilians, cross border incursions andmissile attacks are minor. Is it only Israel that isn't allowed to defend itself or is that your position with every nation?

You mean the invasion that ended 6 years ago?

Alright, this is the last time I'll correct you. If you don't know what your are talking about, keep your yap shut. Israel has never completely withdrawn its forces from South Lebanon. It's unfortunate that people like you are allowed to use computers to spread lies. If only people like you would research your opinions before spouting off, it would truly be a better world.

And I'd like to emphasize this link from Reuters of all places.

Report: Hezbollah to drop arms if Israel quits Shebaa

You mean the invasion that ended 6 years ago?

Alright, this is the last time I'll correct you. If you don't know what your are talking about, keep your yap shut. Israel has never completely withdrawn its forces from South Lebanon. It's unfortunate that people like you are allowed to use computers to spread lies. If only people like you would research your opinions before spouting off, it would truly be a better world.

And I'd like to emphasize this link from Reuters of all places.

Report: Hezbollah to drop arms if Israel quits Shebaa

I don't know....I might faint if I hear another flame......but given that Sheba farms is Syrian, as recognised by the UN, do you have a point? One that isn't so...hysterical and yap filled?

I don't know....I might faint if I hear another flame......but given that Sheba farms is Syrian, as recognised by the UN, do you have a point? One that isn't so...hysterical and yap filled?

I guess reading is not your strong suit.

Syria and Lebanon formed a joint Syrian-Lebanese border committee in the late 1950s to determine a proper border between the two nations. In 1964, concluding its work, the committee suggested to the two governments that the area be deemed the property of Lebanon, and recommended that the international border be reestablished consistent with its suggestion.

Let me walk you through this, hold your hand even......

Who controlled Shaba prior to it's capture in 1967......

“When UN surveyors marked the Blue Line between Lebanon and Israel in the summer of 2000 after Israel's withdrawal from Lebanon, they determined that the Shaaba Farms villages were on the Israeli side, that is, on land that will be the subject of peace negotiations between Israel and Syria (my underline -cn) at some time in the future.”

“On 15 May 2000, the United Nations received a map, dated 1966, from the Government of Lebanon which reflected the Government's position that these farmlands were located in Lebanon. However, the United Nations is in possession of 10 other maps issued after 1966 by various Lebanese government institutions, including the Ministry of Defence and the army, all of which place the farmlands inside the Syrian Arab Republic. The United Nations has also examined six maps issued by the Government of the Syrian Arab Republic, including three maps since 1966, which place the farmlands inside the Syrian Arab Republic.”

http://cnjournal.squarespace.com/journal/2...9-and-1701.html

Thanks for coming. you've been swell.....

Both actually. If you would of read the links I gave you and not just pick and chose quotes, you would of noticed that at times, residents of the sheeba farms area paid taxes to Lebanon. Both countries agreed in 1964 that the disputed land was to be made part of Lebanon. What else is there to say.

Both actually. If you would of read the links I gave you and not just pick and chose quotes, you would of noticed that at times, residents of the sheeba farms area paid taxes to Lebanon. Both countries agreed in 1964 that the disputed land was to be made part of Lebanon. What else is there to say.

Who controlled it in 67? It's a simple question, one the UN has no problem with.

I believe you linked here....

The controversy over the Farms first arose in 2000, as the United Nations certified that Israel's withdrawal from Lebanon was complete. Israel's annexation of the Shebaa Farms has been contested by Hezbollah (since May 2000), and advanced as a reason for its continued attacks on Israel after Israel's unilateral withdrawal from Lebanon. On a fact-finding visit to the region Terje Roed-Larsen, the UN special envoy to the Middle East, cast doubt on the validity of the assertion that the Shebaa Farms were Lebanese territory seized by Israel during the 1967 war, pointing out that Lebanon was not a party to the 1967 war and that the 1923 Anglo-French demarcation and the 1949 Armistice line clearly designated the area as Syrian territory. [3]

And I believe you forgot to include something in the piece you lifted......

Syria and Lebanon formed a joint Syrian-Lebanese border committee in the late 1950s to determine a proper border between the two nations. In 1964, concluding its work, the committee suggested to the two governments that the area be deemed the property of Lebanon, and recommended that the international border be reestablished consistent with its suggestion (what you included)

However, neither Syria nor Lebanon adopted the committee's suggestion, and neither country took any action along the suggested lines. Thus, maps of the area continued to reflect the Farms as being in Syria. [7] Even maps of both the Syrian and Lebanese armies continued to demarcate the region within Syrian territory.[7]What you decided to leave out......

Really, if you have to resort to subterfuge you point ain't worth it.

I love the thinking here. A handful of soldiers get kidnapped and shot and an entire country is pulverized to smithereens and thousands die. Sort of like the 1982 invasion where Israel slaughtered 17,000 civilians in Lebanon because 105 Israelis had been killed by PLO terrorists between 1973 and 1978.

What's your point? That the Israelis are only allowed to kill as many people as they lose? Did someone tell that to the allies when we were fighting the Germans and Japanese?

Given the general environment in the Middle East, the incidents you describe are minor border skirmishes and do not justify Israel's response. Reminds me of the neighbourhood mafioso who breaks the kneecaps of anyone who looks at his girlfriend. Israel the goon state.

People in the modern age simply don't understand how you deal with barbarians. In Roman times, the legions would have gone through southern Lebanon and killed every man, woman, child, goat and chicken, burned down every village, and sowed salt over the fields. The message was: You don't screw with Rome.

Now people get weepy over every piddling little casualty. Tough. The message is still basically the same. You don't want the Israelis to come and kick your ass? Then you don't attack the Israelis. How stupid are the Lebanese that they can never seem to quite grasp this?

Well I guess we now can sit here and talk about the costs of war. There always will be one side that suffers more then another, especially of the war gets fought to its natural conclusion. But today with so many interfering countries seldom are these wars taken to the final solution. I believe that is why Lebanon started it in the first place. The fact that their treasuries are empty and they can not pay their workers, and also that most foreign aid has stopped since Hamas was elected to power. Just what else do you think they could do. They needed the support from Iran during the war and it was not just weapons, but much needed cash. Now that it is over, they are seeking foreign aid once again to try and get the worlds sympathy. With out this they will simply implode as a bankrupt country, and be open to anyon e who can take over

Well how quickly we forget that the state of Israel was founded by terrorists - Irgun, the Stern Gang, etc... There was a famous and rather hilarious moment at the Madrid Peace Conference when the Syrian Minister of Defense held up a wanted poster the British had once put out with Itzhak Shamir's sour puss on it. Just so much is the pot calling the kettle black. Yawn.

I'm getting a bit tired of your blatant anti-Judaism.