Friendly fire

Not quite. The first phase of the uptdating has been completed - and none of those updates has anything to do with bombing. Also, if you read the story, the updates are to continue through 2010 - and they plan to replace them by 2017. I ask you - if the military really thinks these updates will make these aircraft so great, why are they planning on retiring them just 7 years later?

Besides, do you have any idea how much support they'd need? We'd have to ship hundreds of techs and support personnel, plus a huge assortment of spares, plus fuel. I don't know how we'd get them there or how they'd be maintained in the dust and heat of Afghanstan. And if you are unsatisfied with the accidents the Americans have - with all their tremendous experience - you really don't want to have Canadians overhead. We haven't dropped a bomb in anger in years.

I think maybe we'd be better off with some tanks.

The military is debating tanks over other vehicles with heavy armament. I think the Parliamentary committee is looking at the issue this fall. Even the U.S. is wondering what the most effective weapon is in guerilla warfare. The tank has had its moments but is it the right the vehicle? Who knows.

I'm not really advocating the CF-18s heading to Afghanistan. I'm just saying this article among others says that although the planes are fewer in number, they are interoperable with NATO and U.S. forces and can drop bombs. Upgrades happen all the time. Eventually every bolt is replaced many times over, every system upgraded even if there is only 7 years left in the airplane.

And when you get right down to it, what other fighters are out there that are not using old technolgy that is going to be retired in 5 to 10 years?

I think the incident with the U.S. plane was unfortunate. It is up to the military to decide if it was more than just a tragic mistake.

The oldest of these planes will be 20 years old in 2008. Apparently, that is not too bad when it comes aircraft that are well serviced.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohmygawd, the idiocy on this board continues still. I've read the replies to your concern over "friendly" fire, most of which has obviously been written by sheeple.

I've been called a lot of things, some unprintable, but never a "sheeple". My thoughts are quite independent.

Friendly fire is inevitable; if you're not in the service, then butt out; it's blah, blah, blah excuse. And we wonder why the U.S. empire continues to thrive (for now anyway) on its killing ways. Wonder no more. The "leadership" knows only too well the herd mentality (illustrated so well by the American apologists on this board). "Friendly" fire as many of you point out is here to stay. With that kind of attitude, of course it is.

How does one infallibly avoid friendly fire? Well, never mind. I can see you're seething with hatred for the US. What kind of neighbor would you prefer? The kind of neighbor the Janjaweed are to the Dharfur residents? The kind of neighbors the Hutus and Tutsis are?

How I wish I had the strength to try and educate some of you bozos but hey, you have access to the same information I do in libraries and on the net and yet you choose to spew forth the same drivel.

I may not be all that bright, but a bozo I'm not. Aren't there rules on name calling?

I come here from time to time to remind myself just how many sheeple are out there. Many of you, but by no means all, never fail to confirm your numbers.

I've been called a lot of things, some unprintable, but never a "sheeple". My thoughts are quite independent. Aren't there rules on name calling?

That's it, folks.

Promise?

But try to clean up your act before I return in another several months. I mean it's only possible to take you in small doses.

Under what screen name do you plan to "return"? Are you going to use the "trial and error" method to select one?

By the way, i"friendly" fire should not even be an issue. War is fought by fools to shore up the rich. That's basically the bottom line. So, sheeple, send your sons and daughters to fight the good cause. They'll appreciate your lack of concern for them and for the children of the "enemy."

Oh, another person feigning profundity by plagarizing Marx's errors? Or is your model Pol Pot?

jpg et al

The fact that people = are sheep is due to christianity which now is running parallel with propoganda. Here are some written references . . . since you cannot cope with oral history. It has been pointed out continually since Descartes whom said thinking is the proof of our humanity - nothing else will do. Spinoza revealed that the 'god' within us is in nature and self - not religion. Kant questioned what is enlightenment and argued to understand that you must break from the chains of bondage being the church. Hegel said thought is of the essence and Marx asserted religion is the opium of the people . . .an aid to block the empty condition of alienation. Which means man is alienated from himself and fellow human-beings.

The Hutis and Tutsi's were factioned off from each other by the Dutch. before then they lived side by side without problems sharing same` social ammentities - mixed. (ref: can't remember but was a best seller)

No their are no rules against name calling. The newest member is called "squaw Shagger" (ref: mapleleaf forum)

Independence of thought we all dont have. We reflect the society we make (refs: Durhheim, Woodiwass, Althussar and more).

Look you have much support in your political angle. it is good to have other people that share another angle so i hope "trial and error' does not leave the forum.

You do not know Marxism let alone any errors he may or maynot have made (ref: yourself)

The Hutis and Tutsi's were factioned off from each other by the Dutch.

Rwanda, before it was a Belgium colony, was a German colony. At least that's the written history. The oral history may differ, but oral history is only as reliable as the ether its written on.

All organized religions require people to be sheep to one degree or another. What they can be convinced to do only depends on their willingness to be led. What else can you say about people who will blow themselves up for the promise of virgins? They must figure it is the only way they will ever get laid.

All organized religions require people to be sheep to one degree or another. What they can be convinced to do only depends on their willingness to be led. What else can you say about people who will blow themselves up for the promise of virgins? They must figure it is the only way they will ever get laid.

I can't be sure but I'm pretty certain that the promise of virgins is not the main reason they blow themselves up. Being finally taken serious by the cool kids must certainly be up there too.

Besides which, the CF-18s are not anywhere near as capable in close-in ground support as the A10 warthogs. They are primarily a high level fighter.

'Sfunny, because the USAF brass has been trying to kill the A-10 and replace it with a modified F-16 for years. no because of its performance, which has been exemplary, but due to the Air Force's distaste for CAS missions and the fact that replacing the beast would mean big defense contracts and jobs in Congressional districts. I think reason has won out, though, and the 'hog has been given a new lease on life.

What is Canada replacing the CF-18 with, anyway?

Thwe CF-18 is a multi role fighter. It is not primarily anything.

The CF-18 is a multipurpose, high-performance twin-engine fighter that can equally well handle air-to-air (air defence, air superiority, combat air patrol, etc.) or ground-attack (close air support, battlefield air interdiction, etc.) roles, aided by on-board computer systems that can be quickly re-programmed to the mission at hand
Air To Ground: Mk 82, Mk 83, Mk 84 , GBU 10, 12, 16 and 24 laser guided bombs, the AGm 65 Maverick IR guided missile and the 20mm cannon

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/equip/cf-18/intro_e.asp

Rwanda, before it was a Belgium colony, was a German colony. At least that's the written history. The oral history may differ, but oral history is only as reliable as the ether its written on.

Hey Nancy the Nazi!!

Is that ALL you can remember . . . . and you even have it in written form . . .perhaps reading a full page was a little tiring for you was it?

Like i said they were factioned off by the Dutch; REGARDLESS of whether Rwanda was initially colonised by the Germans or not. . . . The Germans did not seperate them into two spheres. The Dutch did - based on bone structure . . . something im sure you'd aspire to.

Hey Nancy the Nazi!!

Is that ALL you can remember . . . . and you even have it in written form . . .perhaps reading a full page was a little tiring for you was it?

Like i said they were factioned off by the Dutch; REGARDLESS of whether Rwanda was initially colonised by the Germans or not. . . . The Germans did not seperate them into two spheres. The Dutch did - based on bone structure . . . something im sure you'd aspire to.

Yeah, sure they did....mind you, there were hutus and tutsis long before the Germans ever set foot in africa.....but never mind that the roots of the hatred go back to the rwanda monarchy....ignore that....it's all the white people fault, before that they were all happy campers living in harmony with nature....with the hutus as slaves and the Tutsi as owners......

I can't be sure but I'm pretty certain that the promise of virgins is not the main reason they blow themselves up. Being finally taken serious by the cool kids must certainly be up there too.

It would be nice if the leftists and politically correct imbeciles would call this stuff about "virgins" what it is; medieval and murderous nonsense.

It would be nice if the leftists and politically correct imbeciles would call this stuff about "virgins" what it is; medieval and murderous nonsense.

I don't think it is anything more that a bunch of skilled manipulators convincing insecure and often vulnerable people that what they are doing is something special that will be rewarded by a devine entity. It's the perfect con taken to a tragic conclusion. Really no different from Jim Jones convincing over 900 people to commit mass suicide in Guyana.