U.S. Pessimism Grows

Could Bush declare a "state of war" or whatever its called, and postpone an election? Every American I know and have talked to seems to be counting the days until they can get rid of him, but isnt that what they said last time? The ONLY way Bush can stay in is as I said to declare a "State of War" and then he can postpone elections, and I wouldnt put it past him.

If he can keep the US at war forever, he can be President forever. :(

Could Bush declare a "state of war" or whatever its called, and postpone an election? Every American I know and have talked to seems to be counting the days until they can get rid of him, but isnt that what they said last time? The ONLY way Bush can stay in is as I said to declare a "State of War" and then he can postpone elections, and I wouldnt put it past him.

Sorry, but that's quite beyond unrealistic. He'll go when his term is up and many will miss him.

I have thought that as a possibility as well. All you need is another event like 9/11 and Bush can delcare martial law, and extend his presidency. That clause exists, and has existed AFAIK for every president before Bush. It's not that hard to beleive. After 9/11, to me anything is possible. My prediction is there will be an attack on the mainland USA again. Within 2 years. It will be dirty bomb or a biolgical weapon. Planes won't be used this time.

I knew he was going to be a bad apple when he took office. But that is just my opinion.

Is your opinion on who will really be behind the attack the same as mine? <_< I am willing to bet Bush will NOT go quietly or without a fight. Hence the need to stir things up and provoke a confrontation between Israel and Lebanon, Syria, Iran, and then watch it escalate as the Arab Republic becomes involved.

He needs another terrorist attack, just like he needed the first one to justrify his agenda.

Guest Warwick Green

I have thought that as a possibility as well. All you need is another event like 9/11 and Bush can delcare martial law, and extend his presidency. That clause exists, and has existed AFAIK for every president before Bush. It's not that hard to beleive. After 9/11, to me anything is possible. My prediction is there will be an attack on the mainland USA again. Within 2 years. It will be dirty bomb or a biolgical weapon. Planes won't be used this time.

I knew he was going to be a bad apple when he took office. But that is just my opinion.

Cite the provision in the US Constitution that would allow him to extend his presidency.

Is your opinion on who will really be behind the attack the same as mine? <_< I am willing to bet Bush will NOT go quietly or without a fight. Hence the need to stir things up and provoke a confrontation between Israel and Lebanon, Syria, Iran, and then watch it escalate as the Arab Republic becomes involved.

He needs another terrorist attack, just like he needed the first one to justrify his agenda.

Empires only last so long until they become Dictatorships. Just read the history of the lost of any control by the People of Rome. Any means can be used to promote this. A Canadian who now is married and lives in the US did a guest colomn for our local paper. In it she said it was unbelievable how frightened the American people in her area are. She also said that any Canadians she talked to here certainly did not hold that view.

My worry is that Harper is slowly building up a fear here, if it isn't an attack from outside or within, then it is the fear of a unsubstantuated Pendemic.

Warrick.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/01/gwot_cha/

This will explain it some. I am looking for more official sites on this, but legislation was proposed to extend his presidency for a 3rd tem. It ties into the War on Terror as well. When and if attacked, emergency powers can be invoked and basicly Martial Law could be declared in a national emergency like a dirty bomb or chem weapon.

"Above all," McIntyre warns, "we must emphasize that the 2001 Joint Resolution, in which Congress empowered the President to 'use all necessary and appropriate force ... to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States,' and Article II Section 2 of the United States Constitution, give the President ample authority to issue an Executive Order for a Continuity Presidency for the duration of the GWOT, to exercise

The only president that has used it is TD Rosevelt. He served 4 terms during WWII (1932 --> 1944) He was allowed to extend his presidency because of that executive order under war times. After Rosevelt, legislation was passed limiting it to two terms. But then executive order can overide that. The article really seems anti-BushJr, so take it with some salt, but the meat of the article is there.

http://ap.grolier.com/article?assetid=0235...le/article.html

The powers of the chief executive may extend even further in time of war. The president may find it necessary to establish wide-ranging controls on the economy, as in World War II. A president may even interfere with civil liberties, as Franklin D. Roosevelt did in approving the forced relocation of thousands of Japanese Americans on the Pacific coast in World War II (see Korematsu v. United States; Nisei).

One thing I don't understand and cannot confirm, is that if the US Congress and Senate has officialy declared war on terrorism to allow this executive order to stand valid. If not, then if it is invoked it would simply be illegal. Interesting.

Empires only last so long until they become Dictatorships. Just read the history of the lost of any control by the People of Rome. Any means can be used to promote this. A Canadian who now is married and lives in the US did a guest colomn for our local paper. In it she said it was unbelievable how frightened the American people in her area are. She also said that any Canadians she talked to here certainly did not hold that view.

My worry is that Harper is slowly building up a fear here, if it isn't an attack from outside or within, then it is the fear of a unsubstantuated Pendemic.

This is what I have been keeping an eye on as well. The fearmongering has increased from the MSM in Canada. Used to be the enemy from abroad, now it is the enemy from within. This means, you will see more control and legislation to combat this new enemy. Freedoms and rights will slip and be taken away. These are the rights they claim they give us. NO. Those are inheritant rights when you are born. Nothing can take that away. Not even legislation :)

Guest Warwick Green
Warrick.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/01/gwot_cha/

This will explain it some. I am looking for more official sites on this, but legislation was proposed to extend his presidency for a 3rd tem. It ties into the War on Terror as well. When and if attacked, emergency powers can be invoked and basicly Martial Law could be declared in a national emergency like a dirty bomb or chem weapon.

"Above all," McIntyre warns, "we must emphasize that the 2001 Joint Resolution, in which Congress empowered the President to 'use all necessary and appropriate force ... to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States,' and Article II Section 2 of the United States Constitution, give the President ample authority to issue an Executive Order for a Continuity Presidency for the duration of the GWOT, to exercise

The only president that has used it is TD Rosevelt. He served 4 terms during WWII (1932 --> 1944) He was allowed to extend his presidency because of that executive order under war times. After Rosevelt, legislation was passed limiting it to two terms. But then executive order can overide that. The article really seems anti-BushJr, so take it with some salt, but the meat of the article is there.

http://ap.grolier.com/article?assetid=0235...le/article.html

The powers of the chief executive may extend even further in time of war. The president may find it necessary to establish wide-ranging controls on the economy, as in World War II. A president may even interfere with civil liberties, as Franklin D. Roosevelt did in approving the forced relocation of thousands of Japanese Americans on the Pacific coast in World War II (see Korematsu v. United States; Nisei).

One thing I don't understand and cannot confirm, is that if the US Congress and Senate has officialy declared war on terrorism to allow this executive order to stand valid. If not, then if it is invoked it would simply be illegal. Interesting.

The first link seems to be an April Fool's joke. As for FDR he was entitled to four terms. That is no longer permitted. Nothing you cited gives any constitutional basis for running for a third term.

Guest Warwick Green
Warrick. It is not about serving another term. It is about extending the presidency during war times. Those links sucked yes.

But the point is that he can do this. Will he? Not sure. But when I find it I will link it.

When you find a link that shows he can serve another term (already prohibited by the constitution) and without even an election I will read it with interest.

He'll go when his term is up and many will miss him.

Well, at least 36% of the voting public perhaps.

link

That's off the charts popularity in Canada though. Our governments must be even more incompetent.

Poll numbers don't equal competency. Most people are too stupid to make up their own minds, poll numbers equal media spin.

He'll go when his term is up and many will miss him.

Well, at least 36% of the voting public perhaps.

link

That's off the charts popularity in Canada though. Our governments must be even more incompetent.

Poll numbers don't equal competency. Most people are too stupid to make up their own minds, poll numbers equal media spin.

Yeah, but the politicians sure use them when they're in their favour.

Warrick. It is not about serving another term. It is about extending the presidency during war times. Those links sucked yes.

But the point is that he can do this. Will he? Not sure. But when I find it I will link it.

When you find a link that shows he can serve another term (already prohibited by the constitution) and without even an election I will read it with interest.

http://www.sonic.net/sentinel/gvcon5.html

Here is a list of executive orders.

10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

All this can be found at http://www.fas.org/irp/offdocs/eo/ as well. Still looking for that one needle though. But from what is there already all you need is that one order to invoke all of that in an instant. Then you have a genuine police state. Under the guise of protecting you. Mind you some of these orders are decades old, they are still in place which is the important thing here.

For What It's Worth

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publ...icle_7986.shtml But alas no official release or word of this order. BAH damn needle.

Also we know how good that Patriot Act is.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/us...31----000-.html

Not sure how it relates yet.

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/c...rder/12656.html

Sec. 103. Scope.

(a) This Order addresses national security emergency preparedness functions and activities. As used in this Order, preparedness functions and activities include, as appropriate, policies, plans, procedures, and readiness measures that enhance the ability of the United States Government to mobilize for, respond to, and recover from a national security emergency.

(B) This Order does not apply to those natural disasters, technological emergencies, or other emergencies, the alleviation of which is normally the responsibility of individuals, the private sector, volunteer organizations, State and local governments, and Federal departments and agencies unless such situations also constitute a national security emergency.

Martial Law was effectively put in place in New Orleans after Katrina hit. The Military is just to be there to help distribute aid and not to be policing in any way shape or form. But as we know from the reports that the military was seizing guns from residents. This is a police action.

So far from what I read there is no direct executive order to invoke all of this, but a series of EOs to accomplish martial law. Still working on it ....

In short, if you believe the crap your are putting out, you are beyond stupid. Bush will not postpone or run again NO ONE is even coming close to thinking he will. Please go back to your basement where you think this sh*t up.

What "Arab republic"?

To put forth the idea that Bush had ANTHING to do with 9-11 proves you are out of your damn mind!

In short, if you believe the crap your are putting out, you are beyond stupid. Bush will not postpone or run again NO ONE is even coming close to thinking he will. Please go back to your basement where you think this sh*t up.

Any input and ideas on all those executive orders?? I am sure calling someone stupid will garner you some respect. Those executive orders are not made up or fake in anyway. It is all set up for a martial law/police state through several executive orders. If an state of emergency is declared all those EOs can be implimented. Since 9/11 this makes it easier. DHS, FEMA, Patriot Act, Rendition, Secret Facilities, Detaining illegal combatants (every vauge in it's description and can include anyone) without any hearing, or even charges laid.

In Canada, the government has complete power to overide everything with the War Measures Act. Gost, the US has more protections then us. I'm ok with you being against the power Bush wields, but doesn't it concern you that Canadian politicians, blown by every poll number breeze, have the same power?

In Canada, the government has complete power to overide everything with the War Measures Act. Gost, the US has more protections then us. I'm ok with you being against the power Bush wields, but doesn't it concern you that Canadian politicians, blown by every poll number breeze, have the same power?

You know it's funny. Gost. I messed up when registering my nick it was to be GhostHacked. hehe :)

Yes I am aware of the War Mearures act. Which was changed and ended up the Emercencies Act in 1988. I should look into that more and read what it is about.

http://lois.justice.gc.ca/en/E-4.6/48770.html

Wonder if any of our rights are protected in our Charter of Rights. What can be overidden. That is a whole new thread.