Afghanistan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Islam has a tender and loving side (link). It isn't all killing.

I have no problem if you have a point about terrorism and people using religion to justify it.

However, this is just anti-Muslim scattergun attacks that you make. Your hatred of the religion is apparent.

I find it just as abhorrent as the antisemitic rants people make.

I have no problem if you have a point about terrorism and people using religion to justify it.

However, this is just anti-Muslim scattergun attacks that you make. Your hatred of the religion is apparent.

I pointed out Islam's tender, gentle and loving side. It was no "scattergun attack". These people love their sect and their tribe and would do anything for them. It is the most touching form of loyalty imaginable.

I pointed out Islam's tender, gentle and loving side. It was no "scattergun attack". These people love their sect and their tribe and would do anything for them. It is the most touching form of loyalty imaginable.

And I am pointing out your bigoted statement. Is this is what you show your children?

Look: How lovely that Muslims are. And then show them Iraq?

Who next are you going to attack? Blacks and crime? I'm sure you could use honey covered words for that as well.

Another British soldier was killed this Sunday.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L25484436.htm

Meanwhile, James Travers speculated that Harper may become a casualty of the war himself if he remains on the wrong side of Canadian opinion in a minority government.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...l=1112188062581

Harper now has an opportunity to move beyond jingoism and come clean with Canadians about what can realistically be achieved. At additional cost in blood and money, Afghanistan might just be edged a little closer to modernity and a little farther away from extremism.

But Conservatives aren't fully comfortable with modest goals. And Harper has yet to say Canadians won't continue paying so much more than their allies.

Shifting those positions is difficult and requires a compelling new narrative. The alternative is worse.

A prime minister who made this war his own must cope with it or become one of its casualties.

All the while the reports of civilian deaths at the hands of NATO forces bleeds away whatever support remains with the mission.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/06/24/...lian-Deaths.php

.S.-led coalition and NATO forces fighting insurgents in Afghanistan have killed at least 203 civilians so far this year — surpassing the 178 civilians killed by militants, according to an Associated Press tally.

Insurgency attacks and military operations have surged in recent weeks, and in the past 10 days more than 90 civilians have been killed by airstrikes and artillery fire targeting Taliban insurgents, said President Hamid Karzai.

On Sunday, another civilian may have been killed when British troops opened fire in a populated area after their convoy was hit by a roadside bomb, officials and witnesses said.

Separate figures from the U.N. and an umbrella organization of Afghan and international aid groups show the numbers of civilians killed by international forces is about equal to those killed by insurgents.

After a seething speech by Karzai on Saturday — in which he accused NATO and U.S. forces of viewing Afghan lives as "cheap" — NATO conceded it had to "do better."

Of course you do. No doubt you would have fondly waved down at Alarac from atop the walls of Rome and castigated the few defenders for their "abhorrent" and "bigotted" attitude toward the Visigoths. Then of course you'd be dead, and wishing in retrospect that you'd had a tad more "hatred."

Of course you do. No doubt you would have fondly waved down at Alarac from atop the walls of Rome and castigated the few defenders for their "abhorrent" and "bigotted" attitude toward the Visigoths. Then of course you'd be dead, and wishing in retrospect that you'd had a tad more "hatred."

We all know that you have enough hatred in your heart for all of us.

Oh, good one. What will it require for you to discard the Gandhiesque dohti and stand up against the barbarians?

Oh, good one. What will it require for you to discard the Gandhiesque dohti and stand up against the barbarians?

Somehow your worldview of being up against the barbarians doesn't resonate with Canadians. I don't think they buy what you're selling.

Uhuh. They will.

Very convincing argument.

No less convincing than yours. You're simply taking the latest poll numbers and running with them. I sincerely doubt that you even have an opinion on Islam or any knowledge whatsoever of the religion itself, and are simply peddling what you imagine to be the Liberal party line. The world is a different place these days, and there will be, in the future, much less time for navel gazing and political correctness. Once we take a few hundred casualties in TO from some of these folks whose diversity you're eager to celebrate, you'll find that a lot of people share jbg's "hatred" of a barbaric 6th century religion.

Once we take a few hundred casualties in TO from some of these folks whose diversity you're eager to celebrate, you'll find that a lot of people share jbg's "hatred" of a barbaric 6th century religion.

Whats this "we" BS you talk about? Stay in small ville BC and all will be well in your whitebread world. Still spouting garbage about Muslims/Islam are you?

We know we know, you hate all muslims.

One trick pony.

No, wait a sec, you were'nt able to get some "fag bashing" into that post? You must be slipping.

Once we take a few hundred casualties in TO from some of these folks whose diversity you're eager to celebrate, you'll find that a lot of people share jbg's "hatred" of a barbaric 6th century religion.

Whats this "we" BS you talk about? Stay in small ville BC and all will be well in your whitebread world. Still spouting garbage about Muslims/Islam are you?

One trick pony.

No, wait a sec, you were'nt able to get some "fag bashing" into that post? You must be slipping.

Is there a point to this post other than to make general attacks on me, small cities, and white people? Just so's you know, I grew up in a town with a population roughly the same as the population of Canada, and a whole lot more multicultural than anywhere you've ever been.

[is there a point to this post other than to make general attacks on me, small cities, and white people?

Is there a point to your incessant gay/mulsim/Islam bashing ?

Or does the point being in your face upset you.

Just so's you know, I grew up in a town with a population roughly the same as the population of Canada, and a whole lot more multicultural than anywhere you've ever been.

riiiiiiiiight........if true nothing rubbed off but negativity.

[is there a point to this post other than to make general attacks on me, small cities, and white people?
Is there a point to your incessant gay/mulsim/Islam bashing ?

Yes. I'm sorry if it eluded you.

riiiiiiiiight........if true nothing rubbed off but negativity.

What rubbed off is a better grasp of the reality of Islam than what is available to you. And yes, that reality happens to be negative.

No less convincing than yours. You're simply taking the latest poll numbers and running with them. I sincerely doubt that you even have an opinion on Islam or any knowledge whatsoever of the religion itself, and are simply peddling what you imagine to be the Liberal party line. The world is a different place these days, and there will be, in the future, much less time for navel gazing and political correctness. Once we take a few hundred casualties in TO from some of these folks whose diversity you're eager to celebrate, you'll find that a lot of people share jbg's "hatred" of a barbaric 6th century religion.

You're so full of hatred that I don't wonder if you spend days hiding in the bush just so you can beat up those who don't share your religion or your view.

What rubbed off is a better grasp of the reality of Islam than what is available to you. And yes, that reality happens to be negative.

Translated = Kill all muslims.

Wonderful grasp.

Don't you have something better to do than follow me around making juvenile and idiotic comments? I mean realy...why not just spike a note to your forehead alerting people that your brain is dribbling out your left ear and to beware of splatters?

Isn't that a personal attack? I would have thought that someone as self-righteous as you are about personal attacks would refrain from making them.

Of course, you're only upset by personal attacks made by conservatives, not against them, so I suppose this doesn't count.

You would.

There is an enormous difference between people who do not like the often violent and brutal cultural baggage associated with ALL Muslim countries and ALL Muslim societies, and those who don't like Jews simply because they don't like Jews.

Don't you have something better to do than follow me around making juvenile and idiotic comments?

In other words , I was bang on.

Follow around. Oh my , bemused giggles again.

I mean realy...why not just spike a note to your forehead alerting people that your brain is dribbling out your left ear and to beware of splatters?

Ouch, I must really be hitting the target.

Here ya go sunshine.....just for you....Quote "Please note the absence of any personal attacks, jerkhoodness or other bannable offences in the above content"

Funny , say one do another.

One trick pony.

He is entitled to his opinion, and he expresses it fairly well. You are entitled to disagree with his opinion and to state why he is wrong - assuming you have the intelligence to articulate that beyond "you're a poo-poo head".

Barring intelligence, you and jrobbin can simply call him names. It's cheap and easy and hey, it probably won't get you banned until you do it too much.