Abortion, Choice, Responsibility

I still hold to what I said about woman being gullable and a little irrational. I mean I have already quoted biblical scriptures that have said the exact same thing in earlier posts. ALso watch any reality t.v. show or just observe society as a whole and see how many woman are in relationships where they they think they are perfectly functional, and they are in "love," when half of the time they guy doesen't even care about them. I mean watch the real world, or road rules, or any other reality t.v. show and you can see that girls are always crying about some guy who, "said they loved her," or "really cared about her," or other things like this

If you're only two sources of information on the world are the Bible and reality TV, no wonder you're messed up. :lol:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many species do not behave as you suggest and anyway, the relations between females and males are more complex. For example, you imply that only women want to procreate when that is clearly false. Men too are hard-wired to procreate. Considering other species, at issue is who will bear the burden of raising the young.

Many species eat their young - what's your point.

And you hit on my point: for women raising the young is often not a burden, but an instinct and purpose.

Men are hard wired to procreate with MANY partners then leave. Women are hard wired to procreate and bond with a long term partner for protection and provision for the young. That is a difference and the crux of the discussion.

Recall the original topic is the financial burden of raising of child and acception resposibility commensurate with the ultimate freedom of choice.

As it stand women hold freedom of choice without ultimate resposibility for that choice.

Some have suggested the "burden" of raising childeren is enough resposibility and I have correctly pointed out that for most women this is not a burden but an instinct and a pleasure. And women on this post have ardently agreed with me on this point.

Many species do not behave as you suggest and anyway, the relations between females and males are more complex. For example, you imply that only women want to procreate when that is clearly false. Men too are hard-wired to procreate. Considering other species, at issue is who will bear the burden of raising the young.

Many species eat their young - what's your point.

And you hit on my point: for women raising the young is often not a burden, but an instinct and purpose.

Men are hard wired to procreate with MANY partners then leave. Women are hard wired to procreate and bond with a long term partner for protection and provision for the young. That is a difference and the crux of the discussion.

Recall the original topic is the financial burden of raising of child and acception resposibility commensurate with the ultimate freedom of choice.

As it stand women hold freedom of choice without ultimate resposibility for that choice.

Some have suggested the "burden" of raising childeren is enough resposibility and I have correctly pointed out that for most women this is not a burden but an instinct and a pleasure. And women on this post have ardently agreed with me on this point.

While I agree with the "is not a burden"

I don't agree with "but an instinct".

Wanting children is certainly not built-in. I never wanted children at all. I had no "motherly" instinct at all! Going through my pregnancy, my biggest worry was that I wouldn't love the baby as I'd never liked other people's children.

I was wrong -- whether you are a mom or a dad, when you see that tiny face, and know it's your genetic offspring, you can't help feeling an incredible bond with the little person. My brother has a fierce love of his son. If anything ever happened to that boy, my bro would be utterly devastated.

Men love their children too!

Back in our caveman days I suppose this would've rang true that women needed one partner for care of the kiddies and men tried to pass as many of their genes on as possible through mulitple partners.

Men do bond with women though. Men fall in love with and stay in love with women. Not all of them, but certainly the majority. (It might even happen to you someday Jer!).