Hamas Attacks Troops Building Pier

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

If my family was in Gaza, with all the rockets and bombs going each way, I'd get them out. 

Any decent Gazans feel the same way. 

The only people still there are people who can't go to Egypt either because Egypt won't let them in or Hamas won't let them out.

Hamas apologists: "Israel shouldn't go after Hamas. They should leave them alone to manufacture more rockets and bombs."

I said that to robo, not you. Look again 😉

Lol...how did that happen...oops...my bad.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I dunno. It's tough dealing with hundreds of kms of tunnels. 

During the last major war between Israel and terrorists the Israelis lost a lot of tanks. They can't afford to keep firing expensive missiles at cheap rockets, losing tanks, and losing soldiers.

"Going in" to an urban environment is costly.

"Semi-flattening and then going in" is much less so.

What they're doing comes at a terrible cost to Gazans, but Gazans are angling for a genocide against them.

Canadians have never had to fight a war with so much at stake. We just helped other people on other continents, we never had to protect our own families from certain genocide. We can't really judge Israelis by the way they fight vs how we fought IMO.

I agree with all of that. 
But since Ariel Sharon in the 1980’s, most Israeli Prime Ministers have taken a hard line against the Palestinians, especially in permitting continual expansion of “settlers” in the West Bank.  

The situation is clear: There are these two populations, and the only solution which will create lasting peace are two separate nations.  Every other possibility means war.  It’s not simple by any means, but Israel needs leaders who speak of peace every day, for years, until the Palestinians begin to believe that it’s possible.  The Palestinians’ behavior and attitudes are horrible, and need to change, but Israel needs to make it clear that it’s possible.  

1 hour ago, gatomontes99 said:

Lol...how did that happen...oops...my bad.

No worries. 

This is one of the most charged debates here in a while. It's easy to have a quick reaction when you're skimming through. 

Edited by WestCanMan

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

But since Ariel Sharon in the 1980’s, most Israeli Prime Ministers have taken a hard line against the Palestinians, especially in permitting continual expansion of “settlers” in the West Bank.  

To me that part makes no sense. 

With the threat of genocide always looming, why do they keep poking the bear? 

The way I see it, Israel's technological advantages can't keep them afloat for 100 more years, or 400 more years, or 900 more years, or 1400 more years... Eventually there's gonna be a genocide if they can't get on good relations with those people. 

Israel's West Bank douchebaggery just gives the haters something to actually hate about.

32 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

To me that part makes no sense. 

With the threat of genocide always looming, why do they keep poking the bear? 

The way I see it, Israel's technological advantages can't keep them afloat for 100 more years, or 400 more years, or 900 more years, or 1400 more years... Eventually there's gonna be a genocide if they can't get on good relations with those people. 

Israel's West Bank douchebaggery just gives the haters something to actually hate about.

So… we’re in agreement about something? 
I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket. 

• Like 1