Courts rule

18 hours ago, eyeball said:

Try dealing with them using the same methods Galileo used. It took over 400 years but they worked out for him in the end. Have a little faith.

So we cant fix homelessness or close the southern border of the US but climate change nuts think we can institute policies that will reduce the temperature of the earth. That kind of mindset reminds me of the people who say stupid crap like, "Smile!" first thing in the morning. 

On 4/25/2024 at 8:47 AM, Yakuda said:

That kind of mindset reminds me of the people who say stupid crap like, "Smile!" first thing in the morning. 

It sounds like you want to maintain the same ancient disdain for science that's slowly but surely reducing the stature and relevance of religion around the world.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

On 4/28/2024 at 12:13 PM, eyeball said:

It sounds like you want to maintain the same ancient disdain for science that's slowly but surely reducing the stature and relevance of religion around the world.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

I have no disdain for science but if I did it would.be overshadowed by your hatred of religion 

7 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

I have no disdain for science but if I did it would.be overshadowed by your hatred of religion 

My disdain you mean. Hatred is just to strong a feeling....it takes to much effort and there are far more important things to focus on...the growing respectability dictatorships enjoy, income inequality - all to often two sides of the same coin - and of course climate change. I fear that little too nothing can be be done about climate change until we tackle the other things I mentioned.

Religion is part and parcel of misinformation - just one more thing.

But if its any consolation, I'm quite convinced these hurdles in front of us are just too big to overcome. You guys have won.  Like the proverbial Man you're too just big and you're just too strong.  The only thing that will change the course we're on is to fly off the rails.  AFAIC preparing and adapting to that inevitability will be more constructive than trying to prevent it.

Just now, eyeball said:

My disdain you mean. Hatred is just to strong a feeling....it takes to much effort and there are far more important things to focus on...the growing respectability dictatorships enjoy, income inequality - all to often two sides of the same coin - and of course climate change. I fear that little too nothing can be be done about climate change until we tackle the other things I mentioned.

Religion is part and parcel of misinformation - just one more thing.

But if its any consolation, I'm quite convinced these hurdles in front of us are just too big to overcome. You guys have won.  Like the proverbial Man you're too just big and you're just too strong.  The only thing that will change the course we're on is to fly off the rails.  AFAIC preparing and adapting to that inevitability will be more constructive than trying to prevent it.

Right climate change. We can't fix homelessness but climate nuts think we can enact policies that will effect the temperature of the earth. LMBO 

4 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

Right climate change. We can't fix homelessness but climate nuts think we can enact policies that will effect the temperature of the earth. LMBO 

And you figure we can reverse the rise of dictatorships and increasing income inequality?

Maybe these are things you support, I just don't know.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

And you figure we can reverse the rise of dictatorships and increasing income inequality?

Maybe these are things you support, I just don't know.

First dictatorships will never be eliminated. As long as power is to be held and wielded some people will want to control as much of it as they can. 

Income inequality. Here we go. Tell me what you mean by "income inequality". BTW there is a huge income inequality between my income and the income of Lebron are James. You want to help me make our incomes equal?