What's Harpers Leadership lifespan ?

Assuming the Conservatives win, how long is it going to take for the Liberal Party to clean house, and for the conservatives to show "disgruntled" Canadians that their decision to vote conservative just came back to bite them in the @#^% ??? How long before Harper starts to scare people with his right wing social policies ??? how soon, before we can put things back on the right track and boot the conservatives out for another decade and a half ??? What's the possibilty of a summer election ???

A conservative win in this election is beneficial to the liberals for the long term. Harper's policies will show his cozyness with bush and his scary right wing tactics, it will allow people (especially New voters) to realize the price of swaying away from mainstream Canadian values for the sake of "punishment". Furthermore, it will show the NDP and their supporters how weak they trully are with a conservative majority (hopefully liberals won't back the NDP at any time on any proposal that they have put forward). This will also allow a recharge of a damn good liberal machine that needs a break and some adjustment. The liberal party should just sit back and relax and allow the conservatives to impose thier views on Canada.

The Liberal Party is nearly $35mil in debt. They have no leader. The party's divided between Martin's camp and the Chretien camp. They have no baggage free up and coming stars. They have no policy. Membership is alienated through so many parachuted candidates and lack sticking to issues raised at conventions.

The Liberals are in far worse shape than the Conservatives or the NDP. The Conservatives are the only major party that is debt free. The NDP is around $3mil and the BQ is about $10mil.

The Conservatives have plenty of future hopefuls if Harper isn't strong through his first mandate, even though I feel he'll be plently strong. Canadians love Peter MacKay, he will be Prime Minister one day.

I don't see any future in the Liberals, even though I know its there. Someone will come around and revive the party, but right now, its as good as dead. Maybe get a Trudeau on it, that worked last time.

I predict....

That Harper will immediately launched his Accountability Act. In an interview with one of the candidates, he revealed that several months before, Harper got all his candidates and their staff in one big room and laid out his policy for Accountability. He stressed the new policy for lobbying practices and told them pointedly that if they do not agree or cannot abide by these new policy, now is the time to say so and go straight for that door.

If it is a minority, Harper will have a tough time proceeding with his other policies, since there's the big possibility that Liberal, NDP and Bloc will come together to oppose them.

Harper will be able to work out something about the Soft Wood lumber dispute with the US. His determined effort at diplomacy in his treatment of the US and its president, somehow will iron out a few snags and wrinkles, paving way for a real progressive talk and resolution.

There will be some easing up on the border.

Harper will not initiate any arguments on Same Sex marriage. He'll be busy trying to get his top 5 priorities going. These were the reasons he got elected...and he knows he had to prove himself. So these will be his main focus.

If they survive, Liberals will try to sabotage and oppose Harper every step of the way....even at the expense of our nation's best interest. Of course they will concoct a a reason justifying their action.

Harper will emerge as a close-to-center right. He has age on his side. If he becomes a well-liked PM, it is possible to have several terms.

I predict....

That Harper will immediately launched his Accountability Act. In an interview with one of the candidates, he revealed that several months before, Harper got all his candidates and their staff in one big room and laid out his policy for Accountability. He stressed the new policy for lobbying practices and told them pointedly that if they do not agree or cannot abide by these new policy, now is the time to say so and go straight for that door.

If it is a minority, Harper will have a tough time proceeding with his other policies, since there's the big possibility that Liberal, NDP and Bloc will come together to oppose them.

Harper will be able to work out something about the Soft Wood lumber dispute with the US. His determined effort at diplomacy in his treatment of the US and its president, somehow will iron out a few snags and wrinkles, paving way for a real progressive talk and resolution.

There will be some easing up on the border.

Harper will not initiate any arguments on Same Sex marriage. He'll be busy trying to get his top 5 priorities going. These were the reasons he got elected...and he knows he had to prove himself. So these will be his main focus.

If they survive, Liberals will try to sabotage and oppose Harper every step of the way....even at the expense of our nation's best interest. Of course they will concoct a a reason justifying their action.

Harper will emerge as a close-to-center right. He has age on his side. If he becomes a well-liked PM, it is possible to have several terms.

I think Harper will be well liked. Few have written more on the future of this country and on federalism than he has. He could really be the next "Tory Trudeau."

He is a man of integrity and one that I just simply like.

Let's hope he can get the job done.

I don't see any future in the Liberals, even though I know its there. Someone will come around and revive the party, but right now, its as good as dead. Maybe get a Trudeau on it, that worked last time.

The Liberals will receive the second highest popular vote in the election. The Liberals have always painted themselves as the "radical middle". And in a country of regions, the Liberals have since Laurier succeeded in finding support in each region. I wouldn't write the Liberals off.

The immediate survival of Harper's government will depend on whether he gets a minority or not. It appears he'll get a minority which may be a blessing in disguise.

If Harper is as honest and as competent as he appears to be, he'll be re-elected.