Chicago School Board

7 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Its implied... You are predicting that it will happen sometime in the future. If so.. care to give an exact date and time? 

No, its not. I wear my seatbelt when I drive not because I predict I will be in a crash, but because I understand there is a risk and I am mitigating it. If I somehow knew/was predicting a crash, I would not even bother driving or change my route or do something else. 

Same thing with school shootings and other school violence. Placing an SRO in a school is there to help mitigate that risk, not because I am predicting violence. 

Edited by User

1 minute ago, User said:

No, its not. I wear my seatbelt when I drive not because I predict I will be in a crash, but because I understand there is a risk and I am mitigating it. If I somehow knew/was predicting a crash, I would not even bother driving or change my route or do something else. 

Same thing with school shootings and other school violence. Placing an SRO in a school is there to help mitigate that risk, not because I am predicting violence. 

Your analogy fails.. driving and attending school are not the same. When you drive, you are mostly in control of the outcome. School shootings are far more random... Mitigate risk.. that assumes that there is risk to begin with. So explain why there are zero school shooting in Pershing county, NV... It should be pretty simple. 

14 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Your analogy fails.. driving and attending school are not the same. When you drive, you are mostly in control of the outcome. School shootings are far more random... Mitigate risk.. that assumes that there is risk to begin with. So explain why there are zero school shooting in Pershing county, NV... It should be pretty simple. 

No, an analogy is comparing different things to make a point. The entire purpose is that they are not the same thing... 

No, you are not mostly in control of the outcome at all when it comes to other people crashing into you. I don't wear a seatbelt because I don't trust myself. I wear a seatbelt because I don't trust all the other people driving around me. 

Again... there were zero shootings in Uvdale or Sandyhook before they each had a mass shooting. 

I don't have to explain why there were zero school shootings before... the point of an SRO is to mitigate the risk of any that may happen in the future. 

19 hours ago, User said:

No, an analogy is comparing different things to make a point. The entire purpose is that they are not the same thing... 

No, you are not mostly in control of the outcome at all when it comes to other people crashing into you. I don't wear a seatbelt because I don't trust myself. I wear a seatbelt because I don't trust all the other people driving around me. 

Again... there were zero shootings in Uvdale or Sandyhook before they each had a mass shooting. 

I don't have to explain why there were zero school shootings before... the point of an SRO is to mitigate the risk of any that may happen in the future. 

As always, you dodge simple questions. Explain why there are no school shootings in Pershing County, NV... I know why you can't answer this. Life is situational.. inglewood, ca vs. Clark County, ID. I know to you there are exactly one in the same. To a more honest and realistic person, the two locales are very different and therefore the need for an SRO differs. I know that you can't comprehend the difference. 

Just now, impartialobserver said:

As always, you dodge simple questions. Explain why there are no school shootings in Pershing County, NV... I know why you can't answer this. Life is situational.. inglewood, ca vs. Clark County, ID. I know to you there are exactly one in the same. To a more honest and realistic person, the two locales are very different and therefore the need for an SRO differs. I know that you can't comprehend the difference. 

I did not dodge anything. 

I just explained why your question is dumb and you ignored it. I don't have to explain why there are no school shootings in 99% of the schools in the country. Just like Uvdale and Sandyhook, most have not experienced a school shooting until they do. Then it is too late. 

You don't wait until after a mass shooting at a school to then say, hey, we should put an SRO here. The purpose of an SRO is to help prevent one from ever occurring or to mitigate how bad they are if they do.

Its as dumb as saying you don't need to wear a seatbelt because you have never been in a car crash or you don't need a carbon monoxide detector because you have never suffocated to death in your sleep yet.... 

5 minutes ago, User said:

I did not dodge anything. 

I just explained why your question is dumb and you ignored it. I don't have to explain why there are no school shootings in 99% of the schools in the country. Just like Uvdale and Sandyhook, most have not experienced a school shooting until they do. Then it is too late. 

You don't wait until after a mass shooting at a school to then say, hey, we should put an SRO here. The purpose of an SRO is to help prevent one from ever occurring or to mitigate how bad they are if they do.

Its as dumb as saying you don't need to wear a seatbelt because you have never been in a car crash or you don't need a carbon monoxide detector because you have never suffocated to death in your sleep yet.... 

You dodge again... 3rd time. Its pretty simple.. you could just show some character and acknowledge reality. There were multiple SROs at Sandy Hook.. did not prevent that shooting. So when something does not happen for 100+ years.. you would continue to use resources to prevent it... rationality is not your strong suit. By your logic... we should demand that building be earthquake proof in Cavalier, ND.. It could happen, has not in 10,000+ years but it could... NMSU could win a national championship in college football so lets start planning that parade. 

Edited by impartialobserver

10 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

You dodge again... 3rd time. Its pretty simple.. you could just show some character and acknowledge reality. There were multiple SROs at Sandy Hook.. did not prevent that shooting. So when something does not happen for 100+ years.. you would continue to use resources to prevent it... rationality is not your strong suit. By your logic... we should demand that building be earthquake proof in Cavalier, ND.. It could happen, has not in 10,000+ years but it could... NMSU could win a national championship in college football so lets start planning that parade. 

Reality? No, there were not multiple SRO's at Sandy Hook, there was not even one. No armed response was there until police arrived after the shooting started. 

The entire point of risk management is to mitigate risks BEFORE they happen, not after. 

As I said from the beginning, if your argument is why bother with mitigating the risk because you don't think it is worth doing so... fine. That is a different discussion, but when you keep saying that we should put an SRO into a school after a shooting, that isn't very smart. The damage is already done. You either feel there is a risk worth mitigating or you don't and you can't pretend that a school that has not had a mass shooting somehow is not at risk of one... . 

What you are arguing is that after your family dies from carbon monoxide poisoning, then you should invest in a detector. 

Just now, User said:

Reality? No, there were not multiple SRO's at Sandy Hook, there was not even one. No armed response was there until police arrived after the shooting started. 

The entire point of risk management is to mitigate risks BEFORE they happen, not after. 

As I said from the beginning, if your argument is why bother with mitigating the risk because you don't think it is worth doing so... fine. That is a different discussion, but when you keep saying that we should put an SRO into a school after a shooting, that isn't very smart. The damage is already done. You either feel there is a risk worth mitigating or you don't and you can't pretend that a school that has not had a mass shooting somehow is not at risk of one... . 

What you are arguing is that after your family dies from carbon monoxide poisoning, then you should invest in a detector. 

You are dodging again... such cowardice. 

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

You are dodging again... such cowardice. 

Yeah, OK. I have answered you repeatedly now and you ignore me, while you make up crap about things you clearly don't know. 

8 minutes ago, User said:

Yeah, OK. I have answered you repeatedly now and you ignore me, while you make up crap about things you clearly don't know. 

You have not answered it.. not even close. You keep dodging it because you know that by laying out details.. you will look dumb. 

Explain why there have been no school shootings in Pershing County, NV? 

If you were of adequate character, you would not go off into other topics but you clearly can't do that. 

6 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

You have not answered it.. not even close. You keep dodging it because you know that by laying out details.. you will look dumb. 

Explain why there have been no school shootings in Pershing County, NV? 

If you were of adequate character, you would not go off into other topics but you clearly can't do that. 

You can try to insult me all you want, it doesn't do anything to change the stupidity and ignorance of your arguments here. 

Again, there were no school shootings in Uvdale or Sandyhook before there was either. 

Why don't you stop asking dumb questions, stop making up crap you don't know anything about, and try to frame up an intelligent response. 

4 hours ago, User said:

You can try to insult me all you want, it doesn't do anything to change the stupidity and ignorance of your arguments here. 

Again, there were no school shootings in Uvdale or Sandyhook before there was either. 

Why don't you stop asking dumb questions, stop making up crap you don't know anything about, and try to frame up an intelligent response. 

Dodged it again... You have shown an inability to answer simple questions. Good thing that you are not in a position to do anything useful for society. 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Dodged it again... You have shown an inability to answer simple questions. Good thing that you are not in a position to do anything useful for society. 

Nothing was dodged. You keep ignoring my responses.