Is Pope Francis Catholic?

Zeitgeist

20 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Nice try.  God loves everyone.  What God doesn’t love is sinful behaviour.  

And yet scripture demonizes a segment of the very population he created.

Since your God is allegedly all powerful, why didn't he just make everyone hetrosexuals?

Did your God just want everyone to vilify and degrade gays from time immemorial?

How absurd that notion is. Yet you slurp it up with a spoon.

How gullible can yall be?

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

15 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

And yet scripture demonizes a segment of the very population he created.

Since your God is allegedly all powerful, why didn't he just make everyone hetrosexuals?

Did your God just want everyone to vilify and degrade gays from time immemorial?

How absurd that notion is. Yet you slurp it up with a spoon.

How gullible can yall be?

God loves people of all orientations, but the only permitted sex according to the Bible is within a marriage between a man and a woman.  Sodomy isn’t allowed. People break rules.  Many have sex outside marriage, but the rules remain the same and sins remain the same. That doesn’t mean God hates gay people.  

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

God loves people of all orientations, but the only permitted sex according to the Bible is within a marriage between a man and a woman.  Sodomy isn’t allowed. People break rules.  Many have sex outside marriage, but the rules remain the same and sins remain the same.

If you wish to live by the tenets of an ancient book of mythology,  have at it.

But when you try to codify that same garbage into legislation that affects everyone, you will meet resistance. 

Your anti-intellectual superstition has no place in a country where all people have exactly the same rights of inclusion. 

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That doesn’t mean God hates gay people.  

His followers sure do. Half the population walking around despising gays and trans because of a fictional book of mythology written back when people thought the World was flat.

It doesn't get any stupider than that.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

1 hour ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

His followers sure do. Half the population walking around despising gays and trans because of a fictional book of mythology written back when people thought the World was flat.

It doesn't get any stupider than that.

You keep mistaking disapproval of a person’s behaviour for despising the person.  While it’s true that some sinful acts are legal, that doesn’t make them acceptable acts before God.  You don’t have to believe in God or follow any religion.  No one is making you.  You can continue to have as much gay sex as you want and identify as a tangerine if you wish.  No one is prosecuting you or harassing you or revoking your citizenship.  I can be civil towards people but I don’t have to agree with how they conduct themselves or even like them.  Of course insulting or abusing people is wrong, even if you don’t agree with them or like them, so don’t do it.  Making fun of people’s religions certainly won’t win them over to your way of thinking. I think you’re lost, but it’s your life.

Edited by Zeitgeist

26 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You keep mistaking disapproval of a person’s behaviour for despising the person.  While it’s true that some sinful acts are legal, that doesn’t make them acceptable acts before God.  You don’t have to believe in God or follow any religion.  No one is making you.  You can continue to have as much gay sex as you want and identify as a tangerine if you wish.  No one is prosecuting you or harassing you or revoking your citizenship.  I can be civil towards people but I don’t have to agree with how they conduct themselves or even like them.  Of course insulting or abusing people is wrong, even if you don’t agree with them or like them, so don’t do it.  Making fun of people’s religions certainly won’t win them over to your way of thinking. I think you’re lost, but it’s your life.

I don't "make fun" of your god. I deny his existence. I may think you are delusional, but you are free to believe as you wish.

You claim that religious zealots do not vilify trans and gays, but that is demonstrably false. Right wing religious zealots Interpretation of scripture is commonly used against gays and transgender equality. Yet you have the audacity to come here and try and convince me that's not the case?

That is as stupid as abiding by the tenets of an ancient work of mythology written back when people thought the earth was flat.

And then you come out with your backhanded Insults, insinuating I must be trans or gay to support inclusion.

You are everything thats wrong with religion today.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

1 hour ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I don't "make fun" of your god. I deny his existence. I may think you are delusional, but you are free to believe as you wish.

You claim that religious zealots do not vilify trans and gays, but that is demonstrably false. Right wing religious zealots Interpretation of scripture is commonly used against gays and transgender equality. Yet you have the audacity to come here and try and convince me that's not the case?

That is as stupid as abiding by the tenets of an ancient work of mythology written back when people thought the earth was flat.

And then you come out with your backhanded Insults, insinuating I must be trans or gay to support inclusion.

You are everything thats wrong with religion today.

Thank you for taking time between crack fixes to provide unnecessary and unwanted dubious information.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

16 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Thank you for taking time between crack fixes to provide unnecessary and unwanted dubious information.  

So tell me, what other supernatural entities do you believe in?

How about Leprechauns? Or ghosts? Genies? Or perhaps the Greek Gods? There's lots of books about the Greek gods that I'm sure you'd love to attach supernatural significance to.

You are delusional.

And now, the good Christian person that you believe yourself to be, is here, on line, attacking those who don't share your delusion.

What a hoot.

• Haha 1