ONTARIO IS FUNNY

Ontario makes me laugh.

They continue to gobble up whatevr baseless drivel the Libs feed them.

Steal money in Quebec? Sorry, just a small wrinkle that we need to iron out.

Health Care? Even though we have slashed health care and allowed two tiered health to flourish on our watch, it's the evil conservatives who will ruin the system.

Peacekeepers? We finish 33rd between Benin and Turkey on our troop contribution to UN peacekeeping - and far behind the U.S. and Britain.

Mutliculturalism? We Fetishize our imigrants to the extent that we appoint a citizen of FRANCE to the highest office any Canadian can hold.

Don't worry Ontario (pat on the head), we Liberals are the nanny-one-party-state and if you don't vote us in again, it'll all dissappear.

Hilarious.

You missed the irony of Paul Martin lecturing Bush and the United States about multilateral action when Canada has seen its greenhouse emissions rise by 24% since 1990 (whereas the US has seen its emissions rise by 13%).

The Liberals talk and promise but they don't deliver. It is all about appearance without any regard for substance. As long as voters believe everything is under control, who cares what the real situation is.

Canada has been held together over the past forty years by such an approach. It apparently still works in Ontario but it no longer works in Quebec.

Yes, Canadians are too timid for change, and our government has too much power once elected. And because of it and hence the inevitable scandals that power brings, Quebec may leave Canada. That is something Mr. Dithers doesn't have the cajones to deal with.

You missed the irony of Paul Martin lecturing Bush and the United States about multilateral action when Canada has seen its greenhouse emissions rise by 24% since 1990 (whereas the US has seen its emissions rise by 13%).

The Liberals talk and promise but they don't deliver.  It is all about appearance without any regard for substance.  As long as voters believe everything is under control, who cares what the real situation is.

Canada has been held together over the past forty years by such an approach.  It apparently still works in Ontario but it no longer works in Quebec.

Good point August.

I think Ontario--and Liberal voters in general--are in denial.

They enjoy hearing that we are not American and the world loves us and we are a nation of peace and environment-loving people.

It's great PR (as is most bullshit) but what is sad is that the Liberals have cut healthcare funding, greenhouse gas emissions soar, etc.

If it wasn't so tragically unfunny, it would be a joke.

As each day, year, and decade goes on, I realize that the Liberals govern by divine right. Our nationalism is in tatters...while I don't think Martin is an evil man, I simply believe that this country needs a change (regardless of which national leader I believe is more stately)

August1991

You wrote- " Canada as been held together over the past 40 years by such an approach. It apparently still works in Ontario but no longer works in Quebec."

I don't think it's as dry cut as you explained.

The Liberals have given EVERTHING to Quebec but SOVERIGNTY.

Quebec is now using the Bloc to wrangle ultimate power and are basically hoping in my opinion for the Liberals to come across with some kind of deal relating to soverignty.

And the Liberals just might-you know -to save the country. you got to remember that Liberal Quebec Wing is alive and well.

But Jerry I have to agree with you 100%, Ontario does make me laugh to.