Canada to Adopt a More Pro Israel Stance

And for a change of pace, and to which I agree with:

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/652995.html

Canada has decided to adopt a more pro-Israel stance in the United Nations regarding the Israeli-Arab conflict and to move closer to the positions of Israel and the United States.

And for a change of pace,  and to which I agree with:

Canada has decided to adopt a more pro-Israel stance in the United Nations regarding the Israeli-Arab conflict and to move closer to the positions of Israel and the United States.

I agree as well. But let's not forget the real reason; this government has been insecure for some time, and there are more Jewish than Arab voters.

I agree as well. But let's not forget the real reason; this government has been insecure for some time, and there are more Jewish than Arab voters.

I also agree with the government but I don't buy your explanation at all. The percentage of Arab Canadians is growing exponentially. The proportion of Jewish voters is not. Martin has nothing to gain with this new stance. In fact this is a vote loser since the NDP is increasingly capturing the Arab vote.

And please provide the evidence, if you can, that there are more Jewish than Arab voters.

For now, these demographics could change depending on immigration. However, I'm gladd to see him supporting Israel.

For now, these demographics could change depending on immigration. However, I'm gladd to see him supporting Israel.

So you believe that there are more Jewish than Arab voters? Evidence please.

Yes, I believe there are more Jewish voters.  Certainly since we are getting an influx of Jewish people from France and other European locales where they are experiencing more and more anti semitism.

You might be right but until I see the statistical evidence, I remain unconvinced that there are fewer Arabs in Canada. I do agree completely however that anti-Semitism is growing in Europe. And based on what I was told by a French friend (sorry I have no link on this topic), it appears that much of the anti-Semitism in France is coming from Muslim immigrants rather than French Christians.

Note to Normy: That's because Christians and Jews believe in the same God and most of the same religious ideals. But you should be concerned about more religious conservatives moving to Canada, they might affect your chances of the Liberals getting back into power. :)

Note to Normy:  That's because Christians and Jews believe in the same God and most of the same religious ideals.  But you should be concerned about more religious conservatives moving to Canada, they might affect your chances of the Liberals getting back into power. :)

Tell me it ain't so Sharky. You aren't really claiming that Muslims believe in a different God than Christians and Jews...or is that your claim?

Actually I'm not sure if they believe in the same God or not. They call their God Allah. Maybe it's the same God, I haven't studied the Muslim religion. What's your point?

By the way, I never said that Muslims believe in a seperate God, since I don't know. Reread my post, I was only saying that Jews and Christians have the same God so of course they wouldn't persecute each other, since you seemed surprised that it wasn't French Christians but Muslims persecuting them.

Edited by sharkman

Actually I'm not sure if they believe in the same God or not.  They call their God Allah.  Maybe it's the same God, I haven't studied the Muslim religion.  What's your point?

My point is that you slammed Muslims. Jews and Christians don't have identical names for God either but that doesn't mean she's a different God.

Are we talking about the muslim constituency or the arab in particular?

Don't know what the numbers are as far as number of Arab votes in Canada compared to the Jewish... but the Muslim constituency in general certainly outnumbers the Jewish in Canada.

I think a more supportive stance towards Israel is a good thing.

Moses and Jesus are recognized in Islam, and yes... it's the same God.

Are we talking about the muslim constituency or the arab in particular?

Don't know what the numbers are as far as number of Arab votes in Canada compared to the Jewish... but the Muslim constituency in general certainly outnumbers the Jewish in Canada.

I think a more supportive stance towards Israel is a good thing.

Thanks Clopin, I didn't know that there were more Muslims than Jewish people in Canada. Whether nonArab Muslims support a more proIsrael stance is debatable.