Liberals widen lead

The Ipsos-Reid results for December 1, 2005 are now out and they show an increase in Liberal support and a decrease in both CPC and BQ support since the last Ipsos-Reid survey. As of yesterday, the poll results are:

Liberals 36

CPC 28

NDP 19

BQ 12

Perhaps the thought of Prime Minister Stephen Harper is enough to make even a BQ supporter vote Liberal. Paul Martin had the bad luck of inheriting and being punished for a scandal created by his nemesis Jean Chretien but at least he had the incredible good luck of running against an Official Opposition whose leader is Stephen Harper. Harper's numbers indicate that he hasn't captured even the former Progressive Conservative supporters. If former PCs won't vote for him, it's even less likely that Liberal, NDP or BQ supporters would. Harper's only hope at this point is that all the undecideds will suddenly decide (1) to vote and (2) to vote for a social conservative. That's about as reasonable an outcome as planning for your retirement by buying lottery tickets.

Hmmm, Normie are your resorting to out and out lying.

The most recent poll from Ipsos is for November 26th as of the time of this poll. Source?

The Strategic Council poll from yesterday has the following results.

Libs 35

CPC 30

NDP 15

BQ 14

Interesting how your 'fictional' poll is biased against the right. Actually, it is more expected than anything else...

The Ipsos-Reid results for December 1, 2005 are now out and they show an increase in Liberal support and a decrease in both CPC and BQ support since the last Ipsos-Reid survey. As of yesterday, the poll results are:

Liberals 36

CPC      28

NDP      19

BQ        12

This poll is already out of date. In a few days there should be a new poll after the effect of the GST reduction announcement can be measured. That savvy move will no doubt see sizable gains for the conservatives as people realize they not not scary and actually have sound ideas.

This poll is already out of date.  In a few days there should be a new poll after the effect of the GST reduction announcement can be measured.  That savvy move will no doubt see sizable gains for the conservatives as people realize they not not scary and actually have sound ideas.

Funny how sharkman suddenly appears and switches topics to the GST after shoop strategically disappears after implying I lied. Coincidence? :lol:

I think the pressure is gettiing to you Norman, but for the record I am not shoop. So if 2 conservatives both think you're wrong, it's a conspiracy? However, I invite you to mosy over to the thread you started on the Conservatives containing 50% religious types. You have some 'splanin to do.

I think the pressure is gettiing to you Norman, but for the record I am not shoop.  So if 2 conservatives both think you're wrong, it's a conspiracy?  However, I invite you to mosy over to the thread you started on the Conservatives containing 50% religious types.  You have some 'splanin to do.

See my last comment on that thread...the one I posted a minute or two ago.

The Strategic Counsel has their poll on their Web site. But there isn't a December 1st poll on the Ipsos site. Do explain...

Oh yeah, you want me to apologize for 'implying' you lied when you won't apologize for calling Harper a liar. *IF* you provide a link, and explain the double-standard, you will get your apology.

I am not sharkman. Are you working on conspiracy theories to explain why you are going to lose this election already?

You correctly listed the Strategic Counsel poll of December 1 st and I correctly cited the Ipsos-Reid poll of December 1st.  If I provide the link, will you apologize for implying that I lied?   :angry:

Liberals 36

CPC 28

NDP 19

BQ 12

Perhaps the thought of Prime Minister Stephen Harper is enough to make even a BQ supporter vote Liberal. Paul Martin had the bad luck of inheriting and being punished for a scandal created by his nemesis Jean Chretien but at least he had the incredible good luck of running against an Official Opposition whose leader is Stephen Harper. Harper's numbers indicate that he hasn't captured even the former Progressive Conservative supporters. If former PCs won't vote for him, it's even less likely that Liberal, NDP or BQ supporters would. Harper's only hope at this point is that all the undecideds will suddenly decide (1) to vote and (2) to vote for a social conservative. That's about as reasonable an outcome as planning for your retirement by buying lottery tickets.

There is no such poll on the Ipsos-Reid webiste. If there was normanchateau would have provided a link.

Once again the liberals lie, smear and outright fabricated things to make themselves look good.

Yeah, this guys blatant partisanship is one thing, but out and out lying is another. I hope Greg has the time ot take a look at this dude's posts...

There is no such poll on the Ipsos-Reid webiste. If there was normanchateau would have provided a link.

Once again the liberals lie, smear and outright fabricated  things to make themselves look good.

This entire topic is a false one. Ipsos-Reid came out with two polls since Nov 26th that are totally different then the one that normanchateau made up.

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/index.cfm/...em/itemID/10049

http://www.ipsos-na.com/news/pressrelease.cfm?id=2876

I ask the webmaster to point this out to all blog members and to penalties normanchateau for presenting outright fabrications and lies on this website.

Yeah, this guys blatant partisanship is one thing, but out and out lying is another. I hope Greg has the time ot take a look at this dude's posts...

Once again the liberals lie, smear and outright fabricated  things to make themselves look good.

Shoop.. come on, your posts are as partisan as they come the other way... its when there is nothing to discuss that creates the issue.

Shakey,

That's what I meant about blatant partisanship. It isn't really that big of a deal. I am as guilty of it as many others here are, you included.

But when the guy starts out and out lying there is a problem.

Shoop.. come on, your posts are as partisan as they come the other way... its when there is nothing to discuss that creates the issue.

Oh yeah, you want me to apologize for 'implying' you lied when you won't apologize for calling Harper a liar. *IF* you provide a link, and explain the double-standard, you will get your apology.

Harper did lie. I provided the politicswatch link to Harper's statement about the Liberals. that statement was a blatant lie. Now, I'll try again. Will you apologize for calling me a liar about the Ipsos-Reid poll if I provide the link to the December 1 Ipsos-Reid poll? If, as you claim, the Ipsos-Reid data I provided are "fictional", why would you not want the opportunity to demonstrate that unequivocally instead of bringing up Harper instead?

The Decima poll was conducted on November 26, 27, & the 28....

...the day the government fell.

Therefore, events of the last 4 days had no bearing on these polling numbers.

http://www.trendlines.ca/politics.htm

Dec. 2nd - Based on the campaign to date, TrendLines is currently projecting a Conservative Party Minority of 117 MP's on Election Day [Jan 23rd, 2006]

:)

The Decima poll was conducted on November 26, 27, & the 28....

...the day the government fell.

Therefore, events of the last 4 days had no bearing on these polling numbers.

Yeah, Harper's promise to revisit same sex marriage had not yet been factored in. :lol:

Harper has already spoken on the issue and made his views quite clear. It may be of significance to you but to the rest of the country we would like to see an election based on the needs of this country and not one specific activist group. I am interested in fixing Medicare; changing how our government works; government accountability; closing loopholes for corruption. Therefore, I want my tax dollars spent on debating the issues that affect all citizens and not a select few.

Dec. 2nd - Based on the campaign to date, TrendLines is currently projecting a Conservative Party Minority of 117 MP's on Election Day [Jan 23rd, 2006]

For other current seat projections, check out:

http://predictor.hillandknowlton.ca

Here they are based on the December 2 Strategic Counsel poll:

Liberals 114

CPC 99

NDP 32

BQ 62

And here they are based on the December Decima poll:

Liberals 130

CPC 82

NDP 41

BQ 54

:D

The polls were taken Nov. 29th +/- ;  the one I quoted was more recent.  :P

Right now polls mean nothing but a hill of beans, it can change in 24 hours :)- I think the conservatives have some momentum going for them at the moment, I'm guessing as they release their platform bit by bit we'll see bigger changes. Hmmm, sorta like a strip tease you know, maybe they are saving the best for last LOL (maybe a lesbian or two for NormanC )