Worker protection

Ontario's nurses union applied for a judicial review of the Ontario worker protection directive, that does not explicitly state possibility of airborne transmission of Covid.

"Currently, the directive to hospitals and long-term care homes only recognizes that COVID-19 is spread through droplets", McKenna said.

What is it, you may ask? Why acknowledging an established fact, confirmed by health authorities of USA, Canada and pretty much everywhere needs additional court action to be entered into a bureaucratic directive? Who would benefit from under protected and over stressed health worker at the time of a crisis?

That may be because it's you who is asking. But from the the other, bureaucratic end it may look entirely different and perfectly alright. Look we have regular paycheck, benefits and pension plan is dripping as if nothing happened. What exactly is a problem here, except temporary closure of the favorite restaurant? And look something bothers us buzzing about changing the line in the directive and actually procuring more PPE for some workers. Really? It is for this you bothered us, at the time of the crisis?

At some point in the past I registered at a provincial site promising to assist in the search of family doctor. For several years thereafter we received quarterly letters (envelops, postage, paper, hard work, benefits, pension plans, overheads, etc yada courtesy of your taxpayer) to the extent that nothing is available but we'll keep trying, enthusiastically and cheerfully.

And who is surprised that nothing is improving? That costs of "services" have only one direction? That public healthcare in a permanent crisis regardless on the number of invested public billions (soon: trillions? There's that bright idea that deficits "do not matter", so why not just burn it away, enthusiastically?).

Motto: just give us this: budgets, allocations, wages, benefits, pension plans and don't you forget golden parachutes! (the sheet is three pages long) and then: get lost. As far as possible and better forever. The less we hear from you the better (for us).

Edited by myata

In regards to not being able to find a family doctor, i had the same experience, after getting out of the army i was put on a list 3 years later, and having to wait up to 8 hours to get prescriptions filled. A friend of mine told me to write to the premier, i drafted up a letter, explained my circumstances that i had been on the waiting list for 3 years, Within 2 weeks i had gotten a call for the minister of health, and she had given me a date and time to have an interview with a doctor.... and if that did not work out to call her and she would find another for me... my tax dollars at work for me...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Army Guy said:

A friend of mine told me to write to the premier, i drafted up a letter, explained my circumstances that i had been on the waiting list for 3 years, Within 2 weeks i had gotten a call for the minister of health, and she had given me a date and time to have an interview with a doctor.... and if that did not work out to call her and she would find another for me... my tax dollars at work for me...

Such an amazingly efficient solution for a multi-million personnel, many billion public budget public bureaucracy. Just write to the prime minister. But it always comes to that, by the one and eternal law of bureaucracy.

14 hours ago, myata said:

Such an amazingly efficient solution for a multi-million personnel, many billion public budget public bureaucracy. Just write to the prime minister. But it always comes to that, by the one and eternal law of bureaucracy.

Actually i wrote the premier of NB, but hey maybe Justin could actual be helpful/

• Haha 1