Hi Greg.

I just want to say that this is a great site!I have been looking at it for a while and have fianally decided to join up.

But i do have a few questions. I am a moderator on a military girlfriends/wives support board (that is also powered by Invision). I notice that you cannot post avatars or signatures on this board. Will we be able to do this at some point? I can definately understand if that is no though. Bandwidth is expensive enough!!!

And secondly, I notice too that there is no off topic forum where we can get to know each other beyond the political sphere. Have you given any thought to adding such a forum? I notice that some member get quite..um..heated with each other and maybe its a good idea to get to know the people behind the thought?

Its just a suggestion, but either way, this is a great forum!

I just want to say that this is a great site!I have been looking at it for a while and have fianally decided to join up.

But i do have a few questions. I am a moderator on a military girlfriends/wives support board (that is also powered by Invision). I notice that you cannot post avatars or signatures on this board. Will we be able to do this at some point? I can definately understand if that is no though. Bandwidth is expensive enough!!!

No. I asked this not long ago and Greg's answer was that the bandwidth cost was the reason we had none and would not have any.

And secondly, I notice too that there is no off topic forum where we can get to know each other beyond the political sphere. Have you given any thought to adding such a forum?

This was asked recently, as well. Greg does not seem to want one. I can't recall the reason but I'm sure you can find it if you check back. Just change your settings for this subforum from "last 30 days" to "all" and you'll see the topics coming up on your screen.

Okie dokie..did what you suggested...and yah, i don't see either of my requests happening anytime soon! Thats ok. The bandwidth thing i totally understand!

Although..i admin on another Invision board like i mentioned. It takes all of a few minutes to add one Off Topic forum...so pretty pretty please? *Insert image of a Canadian girl batting her eyelashes* Maybe you mark it as a private forum for memebers only? That would prevent off topic things coming up in other forums. Really, politics is not just the whole but the sum of its parts.

;)

Although..i admin on another Invision board like i mentioned. It takes all of a few minutes to add one Off Topic forum...so pretty pretty please? *Insert image of a Canadian girl batting her eyelashes* Maybe you mark it as a private forum for memebers only? That would prevent off topic things coming up in other forums. Really, politics is not just the whole but the sum of its parts.

Ages ago, I made a suggestion about making a minor change to the forum's structure. See this link. It went nowhere. I don't know if that's because Greg doesn't want to change it or if he's a typical guy who plans to get around to it at some time.

We had a thread on computer issues but Greg closed it down.

You could send Greg a personal message to get his attention.

• 5 weeks later...

Its just a suggestion, but either way, this is a great forum!

I've decided to start posting on here more often as it appears to be well run, no personal attacks, hijacking of threads etc. Hope it continues that way.

Just curious though, thread drift is normal, but is hijacking of threads allowed, and how far will admin let them go ?

cheers