CPC News

Cartman

http://tinyurl.com/cxdr2

There are a small but growing number of Conservatives calling for the resignation of Stephen Harper.

Last week, four Quebec Conservatives called for Harper's head, saying he would never win the next election so he should resign now.

Now, a Toronto voice is the latest to join the chorus. Ontario Conservative Party member Carol Jamieson has written an open letter to the party calling for Harper to step aside.

Considering the recent polls, the Quebec Conservatives upset with him, the number of CPC workers turfed over the summer, I would say there are significant problems in the CPC that cannot be so easily attributed to Liberal "media bias".

I sure hope Harper is not given the boot.

I do like Harper, as he seems to be a very intelligent individual, but it seems that there are too many who do not share the feeling. The CPC doesn't exactly have a lot of room for lateral movement in policy, so a change in leadership may be the only hope for them. No matter what happens they will not win the next election. Support for the conservative party is much too low at this point to make any real attempt at winning an election and a new leader would have to prove himself/herself before having a chance at running the country.

This is sort of being discussed here.

Or you can just cut to the chase and go here:

Conservative Party officials say it's no big deal, but those agitating for Conservative Party Stephen Harper's resignation say it's about to get worse.

It's a politician's worst nightmare. Public sniping from the rank and file party members, with only months to go before an election. Conservative Party officials say it's no big deal, but those agitating for Conservative Party Leader Stephen Harper's resignation say it's about to get worse.

www.dehors-harper-out.blogspot.com

----

Cartman, I don't know why you support an evil corporation such as tinyurl when it is providing a completely unnecessary service merely to build a database about links.

Cartman, I don't know why you support an evil corporation such as tinyurl when it is providing a completely unnecessary service merely to build a database about links.
Because I am a computer dolt and this is the best way I know how to reduce the length of links. Anyone can feel free to pm me how to do so otherwise.

Do you think that there will further calls for Harper's ousting? Predictions? I don't think they can boot him before the next election can they?

The problem with the CPC is they can never agree on anything, I mean look how they came into existence... a merge of parties.

They are throwing off Harper like they threw off Day, and as always at the worst possible time =p But its alright, I stopped supporting the CPC long ago.

This is from Paul Wells' blog, but he posted it before Jamieson's letter was released publicly.

A full week after three past or current Conservative candidates and one organizer launched a putsch attempt against Stephen Harper and set up a weblog to chronicle their adventures, seven party members — count 'em! — have signed their internet petition.

At this rate the dump-Harper-dehors movement will have persuaded a majority of the party membership in about 1,000 years, by which time Judge Gomery will almost be ready to report.

Cartman, about this quote of yours.

Considering the recent polls, the Quebec Conservatives upset with him, the number of CPC workers turfed over the summer, I would say there are significant problems in the CPC that cannot be so easily attributed to Liberal "media bias".

The polls have been spotty at worst for the CPC. Not as dire as some here have painted them. There were a few Quebec Conservatives upset at him and the 'turfing of workers' is a classic example of the media trying to make a story out of nothing.

Do I think this is all the biased "liberal" media? No. Do I think this is a story on a slow news day in an attempt to sell papers? Yes.

I agree and don't think he will be.

Yokel,

Remember what you said is what the Liberals were saying going into last years election and we all know what happened there.

No matter what happens they will not win the next election. Support for the conservative party is much too low at this point to make any real attempt at winning an election

This guy is definitely from the very right wing of the party, but he does make some very good points.

I wonder if a disaffected Sheila Copps supporter, who started their own group with an official sounding name but without party status, could release a letter like this about Mr. Dithers and get coverage?

Hmmm, probably not....

She wanted a lot of Conservative leaders out including Clark and Diefenbaker.

Neither of them are known for their charm or as being great entertainers at dinner parties so one must suspect that they also didn't fit with her idea of prime ministerial material.

"The time has come for Stephen Harper to stop dreaming that his destiny is 24 Sussex Drive. That day will only come if one of its residents invites him over because they are looking for a stick-in-the-mud dinner guest" - Carol Jamieson

Harper came out against the dissidents. He made a great speech. Of course it got buried but supporters can't really ask for any more than what he has done.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...319/?hub=Canada

"Any Conservative, anywhere, at any time, can, by criticizing other Conservatives, become an instant and enormous media star. That's just the way it is, we'll have to get used to it,'' he said in a speech to party staffers Thursday.

Good way to deal with the dissidents.

Sadly, at the end of the day the fact that Harper is a complete idiot is finally catching up with him.

Note to future conservatives;

1) if your going to absorb the social conservatives in order to get the vote of the social conservatives then you better be willing to alienate the vast majority of Canadians to do it.

2) When you want to be the capo you have to be able to let go of control, when your in charge you can't have your finger in the drinks of everyone under you. People who reach those positions didn't do so because they wanted some moronic ass looking over there shoulders about everything.

3) if your going to write a paper on economics, actually try studying some economics. That Zero in Three paper was beyond moronic.

4) Don't list Brian Mulrouny as one of your advisers, if you want to take advice from that idiot then at least do it behind closed doors.

5) Don't tell a reporter in an interview that since your views are not the same as mainstream Canadians you will have to lie in order to get into office, I mean seriously what was he thinking?

Sadly, at the end of the day the fact that Harper is a complete idiot is finally catching up with him.

3) if your going to write a paper on economics, actually try studying some economics. That Zero in Three paper was beyond moronic.

4) Don't list Brian Mulrouny as one of your advisers, if you want to take advice from that idiot then at least do it behind closed doors.

5) Don't tell a reporter in an interview that since your views are not the same as mainstream Canadians you will have to lie in order to get into office, I mean seriously what was he thinking?

wtf is this coming from?

Idiots, hmmm thanks for that mr. non-partisan.

Please provide a link to the article with Harper lying to the reporter.

Yaro seems to know what it takes to be a leader, I look forward to seeing his name on the next leadership list of whatever political party he represents.

"It is wise to direct your anger towards problems -- not people; to focus your energies on answers -- not excuses."

-William Arthur Ward

Yaro seems to know what it takes to be a leader, I look forward to seeing his name on the next leadership list of whatever political party he represents.

I don't vote, and I consider myself pretty center of the ilse on most issues. I in the end like a balanced system.

However that doesn't mean that I don't know an idiot when I see one, Harper has been a complete political buffon. I keep wanting the guy to actually do something to provide some actual opposition but it has become abundently clear that the man is completely incappable of it.

Please provide a link to the article with Harper lying to the reporter.

Ok thats not what I said, but if you seriously need evidence of a politician lying I have a bridge you might be interested in...

An all to accurate synopsis of Steven Harper

The man is portrayed as an intellectual but is in reality a dufus at best. The fact that he managed to con enough of the alliance and PC's to unite the party behind him speaks to a serious need for better conservative representatives in Canada (although a united conservative party will hopefully eventual get there act together).

However that doesn't mean that I don't know an idiot when I see one, Harper has been a complete political buffon. I keep wanting the guy to actually do something to provide some actual opposition but it has become abundently clear that the man is completely incappable of it.

Stephen Harper remembers more than anyone the old Reform Party's blabbermouth ways ... how they always revealed their great ideas way too early thus giving the Liberals time to adopt the best ones into their own platform come election time.

Stephen Harper will not spill his guts before its time.