Jump to content

Where and What are the places of people being racist online?


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Argus said:

1. Without looking harder for what I original read I came up with THIS which basically says that even under the EU's very generous assessments, 60% are economic migrants.

2. But realistically, we know almost all are economic. How do we know this? Because they didn't stay in Turkey, didn't stay in Italy or Greece, didn't stay in any of the southern European countries where they were safe. Instead they headed north towards the richer countries of Northern Europe.

3. I might add that your belief that all the war in the ME is OUR fault seems bizarre. Are the locals just peaceful naive children who, were it not for us, would be living in paradise?

 

1. Fascinating that that was lost in the shuffle.  I think the key thing to understanding it is to understand how many refugees are accepted.  I saw a stat that said 120 border crossers were accepted by Canada in the last 12 months, for example.  That's nothing but processing them is a big pain.

2. MM hmm.

3. I'm very reluctant to use the word 'fault'.  On a macro level, fault is a different thing.  'Fault' is more your thing.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Fascinating that that was lost in the shuffle.  I think the key thing to understanding it is to understand how many refugees are accepted.  I saw a stat that said 120 border crossers were accepted by Canada in the last 12 months, for example.  That's nothing but processing them is a big pain.

There are tens of thousands of them waiting processing. And we have a legal system which can take years to decide on a pickpocketing case.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. MM hmm.

I"m open to contrary explanations of why we saw those armies of migrants heading north.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

3. I'm very reluctant to use the word 'fault'.  On a macro level, fault is a different thing.  'Fault' is more your thing.  

Responsibility, if it makes you feel better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Argus said:

I might add that your belief that all the war in the ME is OUR fault seems bizarre. Are the locals just peaceful naive children who, were it not for us, would be living in paradise?

Many of 'the locals' would very likely have caught up to us in many regards were it not for our widespread interference.  People like Argus like pointing out that Islam hasn't gone thru the reformation that other primitive belief systems experienced.  I would argue we nipped the emergence of that reformation in the bud when we started knocking off democracies and propping up dictators. I would also seriously question how reformed our people's belief systems really are given just how God awfully we've treated so many Muslim societies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

Many of 'the locals' would very likely have caught up to us in many regards were it not for our widespread interference.  People like Argus like pointing out that Islam hasn't gone thru the reformation that other primitive belief systems experienced.  I would argue we nipped the emergence of that reformation in the bud when we started knocking off democracies and propping up dictators. I would also seriously question how reformed our people's belief systems really are given just how God awfully we've treated so many Muslim societies. 

It's weird to me that most don't realize the Middle East and many Old World places that appear less 'developed' had people there for much much longer than the "newer' worlds. To me I figured they should have solved many of the problems of the world before the new. Think, for instance how when the European society clashed with North American Natives, who were still in a relatively 'newer' state still just not to far from their pyramid building and full settlement phase of civil evolution. 

As such, I don't think that shuffling people around to better places solves problems. We need to figure out how to help those places they are coming from to develop with better economies. 

Another oddity is how the same people who demand for MORE immigration ironically also defends the Aboriginal rights to segregate and isolated societies in agreement that 'we' stole their land. Yet isn't this the same kind of argument some here make for fearing the immigrant? ...stealing their jobs, their culture, etc. There's a lot of inconsistency on this. 

I agree that the problem is economic. It is also a problem of birth-control that 'we' think is some kind of human right to personal choice over the whole. Every birth is a bio-sack of matter that takes up another part of the Earth's limited supply and acts as entities that try to capitalize without limits as though it is alright for us to 'own' without limits. Money as debt is a form of potential stored energy. So we are not only a sack of energy per each person being born, but a vacuum that tries to both steal and store as much of the energy supply of the world for ourselves. And when we run out of that source (money), we have to take it out elsewhere in the form of giving birth. These are our major problems that directly relate to these political issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,750
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Betsy Smith
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...