Is Hans Island Important?

If you think Bush gives two poops about devils lake, think again. He has lackies for that.

RE Hans island:

I don't forsee the UN getting involved at all. We're both two pretty easy going countries. Look for some long, drawn out negotiations that both countries will hype up to show how much they accomplished.

Bush will never negotiate with Canada he says he is working the devils lake diversion out but if you think he gives a crap about Canada your wrong he doesn't care less. The only way we can get through to this guy it to go to Alberta pull th eplug on their power and let the b******* freeze and tell Bush we will only give him his power back if he cancels this thing completly. But I think Paul Martin hasn't got the balls to stand up to the Americans like that I knwo thats what I would to if I were PM in this situation.

LOL yes, take away Alberta's main energy market; that'll fly. Don't for one second think that either country wants to stop the flow of energy in all its forms. Political and economic reasons.

Its unrealistic to think that the americans will stop now cause we ask them to, with the money they've put into it, and the money they will not have to spend cleaning up the flooding south of the border.

LOL yes, take away Alberta's main energy market; that'll fly. Don't for one second think that either country wants to stop the flow of energy in all its forms. Political and economic reasons.

Its unrealistic to think that the americans will stop now cause we ask them to, with the money they've put into it, and the money they will not have to spend cleaning up the flooding south of the border.

(as Dr evil says it) riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. watch how fast we find a new market internationaly we are not bound to sell anything to the US we can in the win of an eye start a market internationaly selling are gas to hell lets say mexico, shiping more oil to china who by the way needs it nwo for their growing economy. Who says anything about telling them to stop doing the diversion read what i ssaid above about my way of negotiating with them when their power is off you watch how fast they will stop the diversion then we turn the power on and no harm is done and it is solved diplomaticly.

?????exactly what does this have to do with flooding?????

The whole point of the diversion is to stop flooding in Devils lake.

So you think the economic giants in this country will let the government add the inherent costs to their bottom line by having to build the infrastructure to transport energy to China? Naive. We have the means to supply their energy needs for 80 years. We're not going to jeopardize that for some dirty water.

The Americans will not respond well to your type of negotiating. Watch how fast they build more coal plants to fill the void.

The whole point of the diversion is to stop flooding in Devils lake.

The Americans will not respond well to your type of negotiating. Watch how fast they build more coal plants to fill the void.

So your telling me you agree to divert devils lake water into lake winnipeg it will damage that lake you must be american

And about endangering are power to the US jean Cretien would have had the balls to do it. Jepordising the united states wont have power for a few months if that happans dont make me tell you what they cant do without power.

O NO the americans wont respond well to it well you can go hide in a basement living in fear from the united states your hole life while me id rather piss them off because they like doing the same thing to canada

Tell my spanky how long will it take to build a coal plant? you can answer that one and tell me if they would rather build one or continue getting power from us.

I'm not American. I live in Winnipeg, and I regularly fish out of the water system they are set to damage, so don't tell me what I believe.

Jean Chretien was on his way out of office, and finally grew some nuts to say what he felt. If he was looking at 3 mroe years dealing with the americans, bet that he wouldn't do a thing.

It's not fear thats motivating the push to sell to the states. Its money. People make alot of it up here. Alot of jobs are created by it. America is the best market for the worlds largest business. MY point is that those powerful people will not allow the stoppage of trade, and our government is in no place to stop them.

I agree that they'd rather get power from us; but a stoppage of electricity would be interpretted as agressive action. Something not good for our largest trading partner.

I'm not American. I live in Winnipeg, and I regularly fish out of the water system they are set to damage, so don't tell me what I believe.

Jean Chretien was on his way out of office, and finally grew some nuts to say what he felt. If he was looking at 3 mroe years dealing with the americans, bet that he wouldn't do a thing.

It's not fear thats motivating the push to sell to the states. Its money. People make alot of it up here. Alot of jobs are created by it. America is the best market for the worlds largest business. MY point is that those powerful people will not allow the stoppage of trade, and our government is in no place to stop them.

I agree that they'd rather get power from us; but a stoppage of electricity would be interpretted as agressive action. Something not good for our largest trading partner.

True but critien said what he said because he belived in it.

Well the govenrment doesnt give a rats you no what to care aout are markets or they wouldnt have given up lumber rights to mill workers and let 3 Abvitibi Mills go out of business.

What they will think its's aggressive if we do that well what are they going to cancel from us we are already jipped off frm free trade and they closed are cattle border for way over 2 years i think more and have now just re opened it with very unfair restrictions I don't think they can cancel much more on are side of the border. By the way stopping electricity to them would be just as bad as stopping billions of dollars worth of cattle shipments into their country would it?

We signed on to free trade (a conservative did if I recall), and both governments don't play fair. We essentially give our forests up for free, to rape.

If you don't think Canada is unfair to other countries to protect its citizens from market forces, you need to read up.

You're absolutely right; the government doesn't care about markets. It cares about sustaining its own power. That relies in a big way on our industry. Its important to realize that, and know that it motivates everything government does.

We signed on to free trade (a conservative did if I recall), and both governments don't play fair. We essentially give our forests up for free, to rape.

If you don't think Canada is unfair to other countries to protect its citizens from market forces, you need to read up.

It is unfair and you just stated that below

You're absolutely right; the government doesn't care about markets. It cares about sustaining its own power. That relies in a big way on our industry. Its important to realize that, and know that it motivates everything government does.

Your absolutly right on this

Perhaps General Norman Schwarzkopf, er Rick Hellier should go up to Hans Island rather than Afghanistan as I hear the Danes are sending their Navy in. How come we haven't yet heard our general's pronouncements on Hans Island, eh!

Well I tell you somthing those Danes are tkaing military action right now and I think it is obvious we stop negotiating to a wall because thats what we are obviously doing if they are ordering war ships to go up to hans island. I think once that vessel reaches it we should send one of are navy ships and drop some paratroopers on that island. But i think Martins too pussy to order any of that.

But did he drink the whisky and thus give Denmark cause to invade.

Well Denmark is still implying that their ship is only their for a soverenty ecercise which they do all the time. I myself really don't believe that considerign the destination it will be arriving at. The only thing Canada can do is land troops on Hans Island because are Navy ships are not equipped for the arctic unfortunatly.

I am going to have to brush up on my Cuban missle crisis history. <_<

Eureka

You are probably right - what has pissed the Danes off is Graham drank their bottle of whisky.

Wait for General Hellier to call those Danes dirty scumbags and then we'll send in Canada's version of the US marines except our troops will be arriving in kayaks accompanied by Luna our friendly killer whale, that has been hanging around the BC coast for the past couple of years.

Give it to the Danes it is no big deal. Ottawa has ceded land before, all you have to do is look at all the UNESCO WORLD Heritage sites in Canada. Canadian land ceded to the UN. No big deal. Besides with a combat ready military of some 5,000 actual Peace Keepers not Warriors what else can we do, send in the Inuit with old .303's and dog sleds, oh yah they use antique ski-doo's now.

Give it to the Danes it is no big deal. Ottawa has ceded land before, all you have to do is look at all the UNESCO WORLD Heritage sites in Canada. Canadian land ceded to the UN. No big deal. Besides with a combat ready military of some 5,000 actual Peace Keepers not Warriors what else can we do, send in the Inuit with old .303's and dog sleds, oh yah they use antique ski-doo's now.

Great Canadian spirit rbacon!! <_<

Don't insu;lt Canadas military like that we are getting better. Even if Canada has a bad military the Danes have worse I beleive are Miltary ranks 36th and the Danes are rated a horrible 137 out of every country in the world. I think Canada can handle the Danish military wise but than again it all depends if Paul Martins got the balls to use that strenghth.