Albertans accused of red-neck & anti-gay

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how 'out-dated' these stereotypes are.  I just met - yet another - young gay Albertan who's moved to Toronto and calls himself a 'refugee'.

Well, he'd certainly fit in in Toronto, then.

Yes, that may be true, but it does suggest that the stereotypes are alive and well since this is all quite recent.

And the fact that half the 3rd world is trying to move to Toronto is not a diss on Toronto - indeed, it is a compliment to our fair city.

Thing about a sense of humour is that it enables on eto laugh at things that are funny. You're not funny. I can laugh, just not with you.

For a veteran poster here, your response here seems a bit much. The exchange seemed reasonable, yet you just had to jump and make it personal.

Intelligent posters who engage in quality discussions tend to avoid forum sites where there is too much of this ego-thumping kind of crap.

Just my two cents worth. I'm a total newbie here and I'm not interested in the merits of the dispute itself.

For a veteran poster here, your response here seems a bit much. The exchange seemed reasonable, yet you just had to jump and make it personal

If some creep decides to twsit my words to make it sound as though I am in favour of enslaving women, yeah, I'll take it persopnally, whethe rthe original comment was meant to be humourous or not.

Intelligent posters who engage in quality discussions tend to avoid forum sites where there is too much of this ego-thumping kind of crap.

I'd say about 98 per cent of the discussion on tgi sboard is pretty quality. thi sthread accounts for the missing 2 per cent. So I'm done with it.