More bombs in London

Tube chaos, 1 injured

London's Tube network has been plunged into chaos with stations cleared after minor blasts on two trains and a bus.

Theory #1: Bombers are copycats trying to make a name for themselves.

Theory #2: Bombings are work of far right extremist groups trying to stir up additional ant-Muslim sentiment.

Theory #3: "real" terrorist attacks gone awry due to incompetence.

Any others?

Well I confess for ordinary people like myself its all frightening - I mean this is how the terrorist wish the people to be

I catched the up to date news and learnt that the US is increasing its security on the subways and doing random checks on passengers

And I wondered what Canada is doing - but then I got to thinking that we Canadians don't have to worry much these extremist folks live here..really

Republicans, by a 7-to-1 margin, say that military attacks are the appropriate response.

Attack who??? Last time around, Brit authorities said that from what they could tell, the attackers were Brit nationals.

Well, who cares, huh??? Retaliation is the American Way, even if you're retaliating against someone who had nothing to do with whatever your grievance is.

And I wondered what Canada is doing - but then I got to thinking that we Canadians don't have to worry much these extremist folks live here..really

I'm not so sure about this. I think Canada is ripe for the plucking.

Few, if any, plans in place to deal with such an attack, and a HUGE plum, ripe target right in the middle of Toronto.

After all, these guys seem to like towers, and we've got the biggest.

I'm just glad I live where I do.

I think that if and when we take a hit, it's going to be either Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal. Ottawa running a distant fourth, IMHO.

I'm just glad I live where I do.

I think that if and when we take a hit, it's going to be either Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal. Ottawa running a distant fourth, IMHO.

I tend to agree with that assessment. In discussions last week, me and my drinking buddies (a "right wing think tank," some might suggest...) considered that West Edmonton Mall could be a longshot target as well. Such an attack could potentially kill hundreds or thousands of tourists as well as up to 3 Edmontonians.

Theory #1: Bombers are copycats trying to make a name for themselves.

Theory #2: Bombings are work of far right extremist groups trying to stir up additional ant-Muslim sentiment.

Theory #3: "real" terrorist attacks gone awry due to incompetence.

This latest attack sounds like amateur hour, so I will go with 1 or 2. Based on the CCTV images of the suspects, I'm guessing that they're not right-wing extremists, so I'll go with copy-cats.

-k