Cons, Harper Both Lose Support

Conservatives, Harper both lose support: poll

"Clearly, these numbers are largely shaped by the key leadership players, and the public has serious misgivings about both of them," he said.

While a new issue might shake the numbers up, it likely won't have an impact for more than three or four weeks, he said.

The public has probably absorbed the impact of the sponsorship scandal, and Woolstencroft said he didn't expect the release of Justice John Gomery's reports will have much impact on public opinion when released late this fall.

Another issue is the Conservatives must learn how to make themselves more appealing to urban voters. Woolstencroft said the Conservatives have only nine per cent support in Canada's three largest urban areas.

"You can't be competitive and think you can form a government when you're at nine per cent ... trailing the Liberals and NDP by significant margins," he said.

Technical notes

The findings are based on interviews conducted by telephone among a national sample of 1,000 adult Canadians 18 years of age or older. The interviews were conducted from June 6 to 9, 2005. A sample of 1,000 yields a margin of error of +/- 3.1 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.

Leadership Approval Ratings:

61% Layton

44% Martin

40% Harper

70% Dupeppe (Quebec only)

Harper's approval rating is down 10 points in one month!

"But frankly, as Canadians get to know Harper, they (think) he might be a little lacking in leadership," he said.

In the Prairies, a Conservative bastion, Harper went from a favourability rating of 63 per cent down to 44 per cent -- a 19-point drop. But he lost approval in every region.

Among Conservative voters in general, he went from 88 to 76 per cent approval -- a 12-point drop. With "hard" Conservatives, he dropped from 92 to 79 per cent -- a 13-point drop.

How the hell does Martin keeps those numbers up?

I think it has a lot to do with Canada's, very biased in favour of the federal Liberals, mainsteam media.

If one does a scientific analysis of news reporting in this country it is apparent theat the media treat the Liberals with kid gloves compared to any other party. I am not sure how this originated, and whether or not this constant threat of Quebec separation has created it, or has something to do with it, but it is there in its splendor for all to see.

Anyone who is not Liberal in this country is treated for the freaks we are by our media. :lol:

If one does a scientific analysis of news reporting in this country it is apparent theat the media treat the Liberals with kid gloves compared to any other party.

If one really did a scientific anlysis you would likely find that the media in the country is quite balanced and the perception of 'bias' comes entirely from people with extreme views at either end of the spectrum.

For example, you think that everything that comes out of Jack Layton's mouth is the word of God, as a result, you assume that there must be some right wing media conspirasy to explain why the media does not treat Layton's opinions with the respect that you think a diety like Jack deserves.

In other words, what you think are 'kid gloves' is actually a balanced views that treats the opinion of opposition politicians as 'opinion' and not fact.

My assessment:

Liberal:

La Presse

Globe

Star

CanWest except National Post

CTV

CBC TV

CBC Radio

Conservative:

National Post

Global TV

Social Democrat - French

Le Devoir

Social Democrat - English

Oops! :ph34r:

Unbiased media my ass.

As I have already stated on another thread people are looking for at least a wee bit of substance here and you are one of the main perpetuators of little or no substance to any of your posts.

As I have already stated  on another thread people are looking for at least a wee bit of substance here and you are one of the main perpetuators of little or no substance to any of your posts.

Pot calling the kettle black? Or does cut & pasting articles from other sites count as substance?

RE::If one does a scientific analysis of news reporting in this country it is apparent theat the media treat the Liberals with kid gloves compared to any other party.

I have offered this challenge on many other forums! No Conservative has yet to take me up on it!

The biggest B.S. myth in this country is the B.S. myth the media is bias toward the Liberals!

Here is the challenge bigdude!

Post one article that puts down the Conservatives and I'll post 5 that puts down the Liberals!

I'll even post articles that put down the Liberals from the C.B.C. and the so called Liberal rag the Toronto Star!!!

Ball is in your court mouth piece! ;)