Paid Subscription

I notice that our accounts now have space for paid subscription - with payment options in euros, pounds, US dollars, and Cdn dollars. Frankly, I have no objection to this idea.

Greg, is this just a software feature or is Lethbridge thinking of making this discussion forum a "special operating agency"?

Dear August1991,

Friggin' Lethbridge. They probably need the money to build a wind barrier around the place. I went to high school there, and used to live on the West Side....I rode my bike home one day and had to pedal to get down the West Side Hill...on a calm day you coud reach 80 kmh down that hill on a 10 speed, but one day I had to pedal to get down...insane.

• Forum Admin

Nah, its just a feature that is available for the forum. I'll look into removing these options from sight.

We have no interest in charging anyone to participate or access in these forums - I doubt anyone would pay anyways!

theloniusfleabag: The wind is the only real downside to Lethbridge. I love this city, it's just unfortunate that the wind causes everyone to walk with a permanent lean.

Cheers,

Greg

theloniusfleabag: The wind is the only real downside to Lethbridge.  I love this city, it's just unfortunate that the wind causes everyone to walk with a permanent lean.

Cheers,

Greg

Funny, isn't Alberta the wind energy capital of Canada eventhough it's always been opposed to alternate energy sources?

So the only downside to Lethbridge is also to your benefit.

Dear Greg,

The wind is the only real downside to Lethbridge. I love this city, it's just unfortunate that the wind causes everyone to walk with a permanent lean.
Actually, I am a bit facetious when it comes to bashing Lethbridge. It is actually a pretty good city. I went to Jr. and Sr. High school there, and have a great many memories from there. 'Cruising' muscle cars, (Lethbridge is one of the few great Canadian 'car' towns, Saskatoon is similar) riding my bike out to Park Lake, fishing in the Oldman and Keho Lake, (I even caught a nice rainbow trout while ice fishing in Nicholas Sheridan Pond!) golfing at the Par 3 in the coulees, Lethbridge had a lot of things to offer. It had 'city ameneties' and yet a small town feel.