The Balkanization of Canada

(bawl-kuh-nuh-ZAY-shuhn) Division of a place or country into several small political units, often unfriendly to one another. The term balkanization comes from the name of the Balkan Peninsula, which was divided into several small nations in the early twentieth century.

Just wondering - is there anything of substance left in Canada that all or most of us have in common? Other than hockey of course.

Corruption and greed seem to be our new standards of performance for governments at all levels. Hate and isolation are replacing consensus and compromise.

Is there anything we have in common to hold us together as a nation? Why are we doing this to ourselves?

Thats the trudeau federal structure fault. The federal government role right now is to manage compromise while it should be to coordinate provincial cooperation.

By managing compromise you create frustration, hate, jealousy and sadness.

By coordinating cooperation you create friendship, wealth and hapiness.

(bawl-kuh-nuh-ZAY-shuhn) Division of a place or country into several small political units, often unfriendly to one another. The term balkanization comes from the name of the Balkan Peninsula, which was divided into several small nations in the early twentieth century.

Just wondering - is there anything of substance left in Canada that all or most of us have in common?  Other than hockey of course.

Corruption and greed seem to be our new standards of performance for governments at all levels.  Hate and isolation are replacing consensus and compromise.

Is there anything we have in common to hold us together as a nation?  Why are we doing this to ourselves?

I just think people are sick and tired of the same group of bastards running the show for years, while the other half of people are perfectly happy to allow them the opportunity to steal the money we entrust to them to spend on our behalf. The government has taken for granted that we allow them to take our money with the expectation of service in return.

Now they feel it's their god given right to rob us at gunpoint (try not paying your taxes for years, when they come knocking on your door...trust me....they'll have guns) and give us nothing (of what we expect) in return.

So, I'll tell you what we all have in common. We all busted our asses off to get jobs to support ourselves and our families and we're all having our money stolen right out of our bank accounts to fund this organized crime ring who claims it has our best interests at hear so they can shut us up long enough to take more moeny.

I think there is one thing and one thing only that is needed to start putting the pieces of our country back together:

Meaningful Dialogue.

Talking is the key to solving any problem, no matter how bad the problem is. The problem is we don't have any real talking going on in Ottawa, it's more like bickering on ALL sides.

So, I'll tell you what we all have in common. We all busted our asses off to get jobs to support ourselves and our families and we're all having our money stolen right out of our bank accounts to fund this organized crime ring who claims it has our best interests at hear so they can shut us up long enough to take more moeny.

Well, we do have that in common. The problem is that, for some reason that I personally find unfathomable, having your own government steal money to fund their political activities is acceptable for much of our population. Not only acceptable, but preferable to at leat a couple of legitimate alernatives.

Meaningful Dialogue.

Talking is the key to solving any problem, no matter how bad the problem is. The problem is we don't have any real talking going on in Ottawa, it's more like bickering on ALL sides.

Well, maybe. But I think the situation is well beyond that now. The people doing all the talking are the same people that stole my money. Ottawa is now pretty much universally hated, mistrusted and not believed by the majority of at least two provinces: Quebec and Alberta. At least one of those provinces intends to do something tangible to change their relationship with Ottawa. And this time it will be easier, the PQ have a critical mass of resentment and grievance to draw upon.

What do we as a nation have to answer that mass? Who will speak for Canada?

Well, we do have that in common.  The problem is that, for some reason that I personally find unfathomable, having your own government steal money to fund their political activities is acceptable for much of our population.  Not only acceptable, but preferable to at leat a couple of legitimate alernatives.

What happened is some individuals who happened to be members of the governing party stole money from the government. There is no evidence that the vast majority of Liberals had any part of this. People who claim otherwise are partisans who exagerate the extent of the corruption for political gain.

Regards

What happened is some individuals who happened to be members of the governing party stole money from the government. There is no evidence that the vast majority of Liberals had any part of this. People who claim otherwise are partisans who exagerate the extent of the corruption for political gain.

No, what happened is that members and supporters of the Liberal Party - bureauvrats and politicians- systematically rewarded their friends and their Party. It was extensive, long term and the amounts stolen from me and you were not insignificant.

It is unforgiveable.

People who claim that theft and corruption are OK as long as it doesn't involve everybody are partisans who minimize the extent of the corruption for political gain.

No, what happened is that members and supporters of the Liberal Party - bureauvrats and politicians- systematically rewarded their friends and their Party.  It was extensive, long term and the amounts stolen from me and you were not insignificant.

It is unforgiveable.

People who claim that theft and corruption are OK as long as it doesn't involve everybody are partisans who minimize the extent of the corruption for political gain.

The mistatement of financials at Nortel was another form a corruption that 'stole' money from investors. Does that mean that no one should buy Nortel products today? You do the country a deservice by automatically disqualifying many people from office who had absolutely nothing to do this corruption.

Personally, I want to see everyone who took part in the fraud thrown in jail (including Paul Martin evidence comes out that he did participate). I do not think it is something we should take lightly. However, as I have said, I also think it is wrong to lynch every member of the liberal party for the wrong doing of a few. Most importantly, I reject idea that the conservatives should be given a blank check to govern the country just because they are not liberals.

The conservatives who go around calling people 'dupes' or 'idiots' because they are are willing to give the liberals the benefit of doubt are, frankly, quite annoying. The conservatives need to show us why we should vote them. Running around talking about Liberal corruption is not enough and the polls seem to indicate that I am not the only person that feels this way.

Thats the trudeau federal structure fault. The federal government role right now is to manage compromise while it should be to coordinate provincial cooperation.

By managing compromise you create frustration, hate, jealousy and sadness.

By coordinating cooperation you create friendship, wealth and hapiness.

Unadulterated crap.

Trudeau had a vision for our country that not one political leader on the scene has today. He insisted on a bilingual civil service and would have gone even further with the dual languages thing, if the rednecks hadn't opposed him.

All this nonsense about regionalism is fine but we have a country to govern.

Harper's approach is to be a headwaiter to the provinces.

There is no question we are overgoverned however the best solution would be to abolish the provinces and have just municipal and federal governments. After all what do the people in Lac St Jean have in common with the folks in St Henri? Dick all! :blink:

Guest eureka
Ottawa is now pretty much universally hated, mistrusted and not believed by the majority of at least two provinces

Perhaps we should embark on a mass education campaign to teach the people of those two provinces to read and, with luck, to think.

Sparhawk used the word lynch, and used it very appropriately. The ones making all the noise must be the descendants of all the ignorant, angry, supposed humans who formed lynch mobs in the past.