Gomery Commission?

Well I think it is hilarious how you Conservative types like to believe the editorialized testimony of a person already charged with fraud. No wonder you have strange ideas. Try more credible sources for your information or wait until the truth is revealed before jumping to conclusions.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think it is hilarious how you Conservative types like to believe the editorialized testimony of a person already charged with fraud. No wonder you have strange ideas. Try more credible sources for your information or wait until the truth is revealed before jumping to conclusions.

What about the testimony of Thiboutot and Gosselin and the LaFleurs, you knucklehead? What makes you think that the publication ban on the Brault testimony somehow makes all the other testimony vanish into thin air? I have low expectations of you, caesar, and yet somehow you never cease to amaze.

-kodos.

They certainly didn't become MORE conservative when they became the Alliance, much less when they joined up with the old Tories.

You know they really do know what they have on their hands but they seem willing to vote for them anyway!

Much less when they joined the old Tories he said!

WOW! Where's Scottie when you need him! :rolleyes:

Sure, it was a technicality. :rolleyes:

It's always DIFFERENT when the CPCers do it yes?

Toews kept his post. There goes any notion of morality in the CPC. Yet they lecture all the others on morality.

What's that word again?

Oh yes........

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y

Hyopcrisy would be comparing a miniscule and almost certainly unintentional overpayment in election spending with deliberate extortion and the theft of hundreds of millions of dollars.

Is there anyone really surprised that relavations are now surfacing that Chretien's own family is up to it's neck in these illegal payments for no work done.

It's an awful thing to paint all Liberal's with that same brush, but what choice is there when instead of standing up for what is the right and honest thing to do, the Liberal's are circling their wagons, and wanting Canadian's to believe that this whole thing is a horrible mistake, and was perpetrated by some lowly clerk doing this without any political direction. The sad thing is that these morons are upset that Canadian's aren't thanking them for stealing their money.

All those involved should be prosecuted and pit exactly where they belong, behind bars, but since our laughing-stock justice system doesn't want to lock-up even the most violent offender, I don't see these thieves even going to jail. When I talk about these thieves, I talk about politicians, starting from Chretien and working downward. Anyone who knew and either said nothing or helped them cover it up should be put behind bars, including our present PM, after all he was the Finance Minister when alot of this program was going on, and I won't believe that he knew nothing. If he did know nothing, he was not properly doing his job.

caeser: Are you really naive enough to think that the whole truth will ever emerge? I have no such hope. I believe that politician's think of themselves as special and above the law, and it would surprise me if any politician ever winds up where they belong, which is behind bars for the long haul. Corporate CEO's and other executive types can steal investors money through fraudlant practices, and very few ever really suffer any penalty, let alone walking away penniless which is what they deserve. Since our politician's go out of their way to make it possible for these executive types to get away with this type of activity, and why not, many have come from that very place themselves (the business community), and want to make sure that when the time comes for themselves to be caught with their hand in the cookie jar, they too do not want to be held accountable.

I never said there was no difference between the Conservatives and Liberals. I said there was hardy any difference in their platforms. Big difference. And you said the tories didn't want to change anything, which is utter drivel and you know it.

Huh? The Cons' platform is a mirror image of the Liberals'. That doesn't speak to an earnest desire to mess with the status quo. The alternative vuiew is that the bland platitudes they spew are merely a sop to the electorate, a inoffensive Trojan Horse that will allow them access to the levers of power in order to implement their true agendas. Which raises the question of what that agenda is and why they feel the need to hide it behind a Liberal-lite platform.

Nope. Never suggested any such thing. I've said that their platform was designed to be mush, pablum, bland generalities, appealing to the same brainless, mushy middle ground as the liberals. What I said was they should stand up for what they believe in and not hide it behind bland BS.

Again, why the bland BS? If they are so convinced (as you seem to be) that their real beliefs will resonate with Canadians, why are they afraid to show their true colours?