Solicitor General of Canada has agreed to appear in the B.C. Supreme

Court to answer charges that Canadians are being arrested under

marijuana laws that no longer exist. The plaintiff, Michele Kubby,

will argue that the marijuana laws have been declared unconstitutional

and can only be resurrected by an act of Parliament. Ms. Kubby will

further argue that the Crown has been relying upon non-binding opinions

expressed in Hitzig, but have no actual order to uphold the

government's claim that the law was resurrected by the court. An

entire day has been set aside for the hearing.

If you're interested in attending, the address and time is:

800 Smithe St.

Vancouver

9:30 am

(Hearing Room number to be assigned that day)

That sounds fun. Grab your Doritos and come on along! :)

Seriously, though, is there any merit to this?

While shopping the other day I chanced upon a pair of jeans made from hemp fibre. The cloth is utterly superb and I bet that if harvesting cannabis were legal in Canada, a hemp textiles industry could be quite viable. The plant, after all, grows very readily in Canada's climate, unlike cotton. And unlike cotton, pesticides are not necessary in growing cannabis.

-kimmy

That sounds fun.  Grab your Doritos and come on along! :)

Seriously, though, is there any merit to this?

While shopping the other day I chanced upon a pair of jeans made from hemp fibre. The cloth is utterly superb and I bet that if harvesting cannabis were legal in Canada, a hemp textiles industry could be quite viable. The plant, after all, grows very readily in Canada's climate, unlike cotton. And unlike cotton, pesticides are not necessary in growing cannabis.

-kimmy

So probably protecting the cotton industry has nothing to do with the U.S. marijuana prohibition, eh? ;)

So probably protecting the cotton industry has nothing to do with the U.S. marijuana prohibition, eh? ;)

Maybe they do. Then again, maybe it's the alcohol industry. Or the petrochemical industry. Or pulp and paper interests. Or menacing phonecalls from the Hell's Angels. Maybe it's a whole collection of things. Really, who knows. There's a lot of people for whom legalizing marijuana would be bad for business.

-kimmy

Legalizing it probly would be better then what we got now .

My brother lives on a Dutch Island ,and he tells me in holland its leagal BUT they are actually stricter on where its leagal . They have asigned places for it to be smoked.

Im sure its kept out of jobsites ,unlike alot of Canada.

I think to smoke it outside the controled site there is actually harsher laws.

The goverment might as well rake in the profits instead of the organised crime groups ........well that is if there is a difference . Sometime s i wonder if they are not all the same thing.

I don't smoke pot , and probly never will , But i think we would be better off legalizing it . Putting very strict laws on where it can be smoked . Every thing else is leagal now days , And half the country is probly smoking pot . just keep it controled.

Im wondering if they should not have breathalisers for it , to keep stoned drivers from opperating cars ect.

Some do get stoned so they should not drive ,i know that from experience.

Legalizing it probly would be better then what we got now .

My brother lives on a Dutch Island ,and he tells me in holland its leagal BUT they are actually stricter on where its leagal . They have asigned places for it to be smoked.

Im sure its kept out of jobsites ,unlike alot of Canada.

I think to smoke it outside the controled site there is actually harsher laws.

The goverment might as well rake in the profits instead of the organised crime groups ........well that is if there is a difference . Sometime s i wonder if they are not all the same thing.

I don't smoke pot , and probly never will , But i think we would be better off legalizing it . Putting very strict laws on where it can be smoked . Every thing else is leagal now days , And half the country is probly smoking pot . just keep it controled.

Im wondering if they should not have breathalisers for it , to keep stoned drivers from opperating cars ect.

Some do get stoned so they should not drive ,i know that from experience.