How does Parliament save face before Trump?

4 minutes ago, paxrom said:

Almost 240  years and still kicking. We are not an empire we are a revolutionary force. The best 240 year old experiment. You're not dealing with just a physical force, you're also dealing with an ideological force. Don't make the mistake our adversary have by  regarding us an empire.  

Still kicking before you went down the fascist road. Just visited Trier germnay .established ..76 BC..

240 years ? rofl

Edited by Jimwd

1 minute ago, Jimwd said:

Undocumented workers are an American creation driven by american greed for low wage workers. If you understand economics 101 ..its called supply and demand. Without a demand there would be no supply. You want to fix your undocumented worker problem .. ? Simple .Jail any america who hires an illegal for minimum 5 years. No jobs no illegals.

We've done that from the beginning. We target large corporation who are in violation, that set an example for little companies to comply. The biggest violators are restauraunts and that's what ICE have been doing we have been cracking down on violators. But this is only half the battle, you also need to make it harder for people to come here by adopting policies that would deter it. Sanctuary cities only encourages more immigration. Adopting more illegal immigration friendly policies would only make the issue worse. America is pro immigration, we are pro LEGAL immigration. if you come here breaking the law don't expect a warm welcome. #New World Order # Rule and Law

Just now, paxrom said:

We've done that from the beginning. We target large corporation who are in violation, that set an example for little companies to comply. The biggest violators are restauraunts and that's what ICE have been doing we have been cracking down on violators. But this is only half the battle, you also need to make it harder for people to come here by adopting policies that would deter it. Sanctuary cities only encourages more immigration. Adopting more illegal immigration friendly policies would only make the issue worse. America is pro immigration, we are pro LEGAL immigration. if you come here breaking the law don't expect a warm welcome. #New World Order # Rule and Law

You create the problem. Economics 101.... learn to comprehend what you read. SUPPLY AND DEMAND.. Sanctuary cities are a humane way to deal with the problem your GREED created.

Just now, Jimwd said:

You create the problem. Economics 101.... learn to comprehend what you read. SUPPLY AND DEMAND.. Sanctuary cities are a humane way to deal with the problem your GREED created.

People want to the come here for the opportunity of a better life, the american dream. life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I guess that does sound greedy. Rofl. You know why your criticism doesn't really work on me? Because I've always stood on a solid moral/philosophical foundation that makes america great.

4 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

"America is pro immigration, we are pro LEGAL immigration. "

The problem with joining a cult is you lose all ability to think or learn what you really support. Shameful....

Republicans balk at Trump’s cuts to legal immigration

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/30/trump-legal-immigration-republicans-378041

3 minutes ago, paxrom said:

People want to the come here for the opportunity of a better life, the american dream. life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I guess that does sound greedy. Rofl. You know why your criticism doesn't really work on me? Because I've always stood on a solid moral/philosophical foundation that makes america great.

Not that great since you seem to be all for Trump changing what you think is great .  Your statements contradict themselves.

"America is pro immigration, we are pro LEGAL immigration. "

The problem with joining a cult is you lose all ability to think or learn what you really support. Shameful....

Republicans balk at Trump’s cuts to legal immigration

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/30/trump-legal-immigration-republicans-378041

Let's be clear here what I mean pro legal immigration so we don't keep repeating outdated soviet subversion tactics. We are pro immigration on those who can come here with things to contribute, not charity cases where they expect society to take care of them. Trump is doing what he thinks is best to achieve this. That means people between the age of 18-40, with a skilled labor to contribute.

1 minute ago, paxrom said:

Let's be clear here what I mean pro legal immigration so we don't keep repeating outdated soviet subversion tactics. We are pro immigration on those who can come here with things to contribute, not charity cases where they expect society to take care of them. Trump is doing what he thinks is best to achieve this. That means people between the age of 18-40, with a skilled labor to contribute.

Gezzzu Krist ..you don't even know what you support. Your slithering is laughable.  Imagine if Steve jobs Syrian immigrant father tried to come to america with you trump folks running things.?

Imagine the trillions the economy would have lost because your failed ideology? 

2 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

Not that great since you seem to be all for Trump changing what you think is great .  Your statements contradict themselves.

He is our elected leader, he was elected to lead us into greatness. what ever that happens to be and so long as i see that it makes sense i will continue to support it. You anti-trump people just seems to want to look the other way when he is doing good. 

He is our elected leader, he was elected to lead us into greatness. what ever that happens to be and so long as i see that it makes sense i will continue to support it. You anti-trump people just seems to want to look the other way when he is doing good. 

Steve Jobs Syrian Immigrant father......

Thank God you people weren't in power.

Just now, Jimwd said:

Gezzzu Krist ..you don't even know what you support. Your slithering is laughable.  Imagine if Steve jobs Syrian immigrant father tried to come to america with you trump folks running things.?

Imagine the trillions the economy would have lost because your failed ideology? 

First off, steve job success is due to our system that nurture growth and development not because he is steve jobs. Steve Job is a man, he did not become great by being steve jobs, he became great because he was afforded the opportunity that america gave him. 

First off, steve job success is due to our system that nurture growth and development not because he is steve jobs. Steve Job is a man, he did not become great by being steve jobs, he became great because he was afforded the opportunity that america gave him. 

Look at you slither.  You would not have let  jobs father come here. HOW CAN HE GROW AND DEVELOP WHEN YOU DONT LET HIM IN???

THINK THINK THINK 

3 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

Look at you slither.  You would not have let  jobs father come here. HOW CAN HE GROW AND DEVELOP WHEN YOU DONT LET HIM IN???

THINK THINK THINK 

Not slithering, you're missing my point and re-interpreting them where you see fit.  Steve Job is a product of America, he is an individual, do not idolize the individual. Recognize that if Steve Jobs was not around, some one else would take his place. Plenty of others to exploit the opportunities we have here in America.

Edited by paxrom

Not slithering, you're missing my point and re-interpreting them where you see fit.  Steve Job is a product of America, he is an individual, do not idolize the individual. Recognize that if Steve Jobs was not around, some one else would take his place. Plenty of others to exploit the opportunities we have here in America.

Don't worship the individual? Worship the state? where have i heard that before?

We now have come back to my point thats started this discussion. Trump is a fascist  and your comments are absolutely consistent  with fascism.

Don't worship the individual? Worship the state? where have i heard that before?

We now have come back to my point thats started this discussion. Trump is a fascist  and your comments are absolutely consistent  with fascism.

Not state, the state contains the ideals, the ideals of democracy that makes America who she is. Jesus you're missing the point again! Stop it! 

2 minutes ago, paxrom said:

Not state, the state contains the ideals, the ideals of democracy that makes America who she is. Jesus you're missing the point again! Stop it! 

I understand exactly what you are. Its too bad you don't.

Have  nice day.

Anyways, apologies to the OP,  I've seem to be distracted by defending America against accuser who ludicrously thinks we're turning into a nazis. 

To save face and resolve this trade disagreement one of two things will happen. Either Trump decides to drop tariffs out of good will allowing people to save face or as you eloquently put , Canada and the EU must Unilaterally adopt free trade. 

Canada has however decided to adopt the same protectionist trade with other countries except the US and attempt to diversify it's trade portfolio. This will hurt Canadians in the short term but how it will play out in the future remains to be seen.

11 hours ago, paxrom said:

Almost 240  years and still kicking. We are not an empire we are a revolutionary force. The best 240 year old experiment. You're not dealing with just a physical force, you're also dealing with an ideological force. Don't make the mistake our adversary have by  regarding us an empire.  

True....Canada has already experienced the collapse of its British Empire...God Save the Queen !

Trudeau said that Canada was the first "post national state"....then why so much nationalist fervor against Trump and Americans ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004