Should The Roman Catholic Church Be Banned?

Religeon was created because primitive man had no scientific knowlege or understanding of the natural world to explain things like weather.

Actually, if you REALLY look at modern man, we still have trouble accepting our natural side. Every behavior that isn't socially pleasing is labled as "psyciatric", instead of people just admitting that because we are animals, we will have some animalistic behaviors.

For example(once again!), homosexuality exists wide spread in the animal kingdom, from whales to elephants, to humans. Therefore, it seem to me that homosexuality is a built-in birth control device thanks to nature. Yet, people continue to insist that it is a sin, a choice, wrong.

You are entitled to think and believe what you want, I personally have never known nature to be wrong! Can't say the same for humans!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are entitled to think and believe what you want, I personally have never known nature to be wrong! Can't say the same for humans!!!!

To follow your argument.

We are only part of nature

Nature is never wrong

Humans are wrong

Are you sure that you might want to think about that a little more.

Whats wrong in believing that a higher being created us all? I know there is the scientific side, but there should be a religious side too.

Religion helps people. Period.

Dear Big Blue Machine,

Whats wrong in believing that a higher being created us all?
Nothing, really. The problem is that humans won't let it stop there. Besides, the idea of 'creation' is patently human anyway. You humans can't get over the idea that if something exists, someone must have made it exist. Perfectly logical, if you are talking about a bridge or a painting. "Look, a bridge, someone must have made it!". But the same notion is applied to the sky, a rock etc. "Look, a rock! Someone must have made it!". It is the projection of human interaction with the world, made upon that which was here before humans.

Further, people inevitably claim to have talked with said 'creator' and make up self-serving rules that 'the creator of the third rock from the sun' wants you to follow. "He told me, 'You must fondle a big floppy donkey dick every Thursday, so that I might watch and giggle". There is no end to it.

For example(once again!), homosexuality exists wide spread in the animal kingdom, from whales to elephants, to humans. Therefore, it seem to me that homosexuality is a built-in birth control device thanks to nature. Yet, people continue to insist that it is a sin, a choice, wrong.

Or it is a birth defect - something also widespread in nature.

fleabag 

You humans can't get over the idea

Hmmmm who do we have talking here? an alien or an animal. Not we humans it was you humans. Got me interest.

:lol: thats funny.

i see no reason why relegion should be banned in my view banning relegion is more of a way of taking away freedom than not doing so. if you dont like relegion dont practise it :huh: i dont see why you want everyone else to not practice it either.

Once again, too much coffee has put me in a silly mood, so I just went looking for smartass remarks to which I could give smartass comebacks.

Not until after compiling this did I realize all the posts belonged to LLL.

Sorry LLL. I'm not deliberately singling you out. Just kind of happened this way.

I don't believe this will ever happen again, but I can't be sure. I have no faith in this matter :P

What does any of that have to do with proving or disproving religion?

Nothing.

It's not up to the nonbelievers to prove that God and Satan, exist . It's up to those who claim the existence of anything to prove it.

But there's the rub. Where religion is involved, Faith is everything, proof is nothing.

You seem confused......God is real, but ones faith in the Lord is an emotion.

Ok then, if God is real but one's faith in him is an emotion, then Santa Claus is real too as one's faith in him is an emotion also.

I believe in Santa Claus more then I believe in God.

Do you have a problem with that?

Santa's sole purpose in life is to help celebrate the birth of Christ. So I guess deep down inside, you DO believe.

Congratulations. I knew you had it in you.

I think most religions help people.

So does Prozac.

Yeah, but the cost of prescription drugs is prohibitive these days. Religion is far cheaper, and there's no limit to the dosage size.