Montreal Municipal 2017: Coderre vs Plante

She may win.

Sondage

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/10/25/je-ne-tiens-rien-pour-acquis-assure-denis-coderre

======

Does this matter?

Coderre is a Chretien Liberal.

Plante is a San Francisco liberal who wants to raise the minimum wage to $15.

If she wins, Justin will have to move further/wackier left - or risk losing to the BQ.

====

Go figure!

Edited by August1991

His defeat is no surprise. He got away with it the last time because of the division of the vote into 4 opponents. This time they were only two in the race.

Good riddance, I won't miss him. But give him a year or two, and he will be back somewhere. Federal, provincial, whatever-wherever... or maybe a break into a consulat for few years until another come back.

Edited by Benz

On 11/6/2017 at 7:58 PM, Benz said:

His defeat is no surprise. He got away with it the last time because of the division of the vote into 4 opponents. This time they were only two in the race.

Good riddance, I won't miss him. But give him a year or two, and he will be back somewhere. Federal, provincial, whatever-wherever... or maybe a break into a consulat for few years until another come back.

No surprise? Easy to say now, Benz, after the fact.

On 11/6/2017 at 2:44 PM, Argus said:

Good riddance to Codere. Never liked him. Greasy slimeball.

Argus,

Good riddance?

==========

As much as I dislike the slimeball, greasy, dishonest federal Liberal Party; I fear more the alternative.

Let me make myself plain:

Stephen Harper and the Reform Party offered an honest, pragmatic, practical way for people, French-speaking and English-speaking Canadians to get along, work together, create a civil society. Let me call Harper as a Canadian way to be Norwegian.

===

This Montreal election is sadly an ideological alternative to the federal Liberal Party and Coderre: San Francisco, bad with numbers, division, bike-lanes, we're morally right.

With that said, I voted for Plante - but not for all of the Projet Montreal aldermen. Let's see what she does. 

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎07 at 10:59 PM, August1991 said:

No surprise? Easy to say now, Benz, after the fact.

As I said, he won the last time by a small margin against 3 others dividing the votes. Are you really that suprised?

Easy to say indeed. But who cares. It's not like I am braging about a prediction I did not make. I just said it's no surprise. Coderre was a big mouth and had alot of attention but, I do not think he ever been very popular.

He had some massive screw ups and his arrogance was the icing on the cake. I would wager he will end up a Senator.

I don't have alot of faith in Plante. To left wing for my tastes but it should be a good show

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 2:44 PM, Argus said:

Good riddance to Codere. Never liked him. Greasy slimeball.

He is laughing, to be a one and done mayor, the taxpayer has the privilege of paying him 193 g's in a transition payment. Lose and win the lottery.

On 11/10/2017 at 12:54 AM, Benz said:

As I said, he won the last time by a small margin against 3 others dividing the votes. Are you really that suprised?

Easy to say indeed. But who cares. It's not like I am braging about a prediction I did not make. I just said it's no surprise. Coderre was a big mouth and had alot of attention but, I do not think he ever been very popular.

Too Left wing and very anti pipeline and we need pipelines.

On 1/26/2018 at 1:03 PM, PIK said:

He is laughing, to be a one and done mayor, the taxpayer has the privilege of paying him 193 g's in a transition payment. Lose and win the lottery.

Jack Nicholson famously said that he didn't pay them to come, he paid them to leave.

Pay Coderre $200,000 to leave? It's cheaper/better than our PM paying $10.5 million to make an issue disappear from the headlines.

Edited by August1991