Guided Democracy - Covered Dictatorships

Altai

In another topic, a poster meant that some groups in Japan killed all the political opposition groups, so like a dictatorship and today they are not a dictatorship anymore after there is no opposition groups left. So they allow democracy because democracy will only work for their interests anymore.

Does not it happen all over the World, in all the countries who claims of being "democracy" ? For example could you will a presidency election in US without being allowed by CIA or FBI ? Could you win an election in Canada without being allowed by the her majesty (lol) of Britain ? in Germany ? in France ? in Russia ? 

For example Turkiye and Egypt elected their presidents democratically and both countries have experienced military coup attempts which is support by Western countries that claims of being "democratic". 

Trying to guide democracy according to the someone's interests could be called as covered dictatorship. The people who is trying to rule countries as they wish are covering their dictatorship with democracy stories which causes logic illusions. 

All of these thing I wrote above was just the introductory. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here the main subject of my topic;

Why the countries ruled by covered dictatorships are the most stable ones in the World ? Is destroying oppositions through mountain laws creating a stability in politics ? Is not it the most impotant things to have stability in a country's management ? Is not stability one of the most important part of success ? 

Again, a 16 year old young lady, starts a thread that asks pointed, highly pertinent questions, and what does it receive - stone cold silence. 

This doesn't say a lot about the caliber of, you know who. "let's just let this thread die"; "let's try to bury it with more new threads". 

She describes most western "democracies" very well, very accurately.

As does this gentleman. 

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.
There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.
The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?
We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

15 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Again, a 16 year old young lady, starts a thread that asks pointed, highly pertinent questions, and what does it receive - stone cold silence. 

This doesn't say a lot about the caliber of, you know who. "let's just let this thread die"; "let's try to bury it with more new threads". 

She describes most western "democracies" very well, very accurately. 

Dude, the majority of the forum is on her/his/their Ignore List.  He/She/They are not interested in discussing this, or any other topic with anyone but people who agree with her/him/them, such as yourself.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

"Dude" - that says a lot, Goddess. She is sixteen, she is mercilessly attacked, she has a negative rating of what? ... How many of those are you responsible for? 

And to accuse Altai of what you accuse her of in your second sentence is really hypocritical, is it not? Considering what you yourself know. 

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Well, I did give her one when she said all Israeli children were future murderers and criminals......

.Don't you think that an academic approach, a scientific approach, would bring forward a full quote, with a source showing time and date?

All Israeli children are required to serve in the Israeli military and there are many Israelis, soldiers and citizens, who tell of the many war crimes of that same military. It seems that this is certainly another one of those issues that should see discussion.

6 minutes ago, hot enough said:

.Don't you think that an academic approach, a scientific approach, would bring forward a full quote, with a source showing time and date?

And how do you have an academic, scientific discussion with someone whose religious beliefs teach them that  an entire race of people should die?

All Israeli children are required to serve in the Israeli military and there are many Israelis, soldiers and citizens, who tell of the many war crimes of that same military. It seems that this is certainly another one of those issues that should see discussion.

I have no interest in even debating with you or Altai on that topic. If you want to agree with her that all Israeli children are future murders and criminals....knock yourself out.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

And how do you have an academic, scientific discussion with someone whose religious beliefs teach them that  an entire race of people should die?

The bible teaches those same things. That would mean that evangelicals, presbyterians, episcopelians, mormons, catholics, lutherans, mennonites, ... all believe the same things - that entire races of people should die. And they have been acting on it, vociferously, for well over a century.

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

You put forward points that you simply ask us to believe because you are Goddess. Are you acting in an adult manner? Are you acting in the fashion that you went to university to learn. 

No.  I'm putting forward the point that I refuse to debate that topic.  I'm a Goddess.  I can do whatever I want. :P

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, hot enough said:

Now we are getting somewhere, Goddess. I thank you for being honest enough to admit that you were just being silly. That you are of course, completely open to all discussion in the fashion and manner that you learned at university.

I applaud you. 

Wow, really?

Personally I think the idea of debating the death of all the Jews is more than just silly (Waaaaay more than just silly).  But as I said, knock yourself out.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Wow, really?

Personally I think the idea of debating the death of all the Jews is more than just silly (Waaaaay more than just silly).  But as I said, knock yourself out.

You go scientific, then you fall back, describing something by Goddess, without any proof. When one does that, it illustrates a disavowal of the scientific method, but this thread is for something else. Start a thread on your topic and we'll go at it, like the scientist I know is buried somewhere in you, I hope not too deep as to be unretrievable.

Edited by hot enough

Altai--if I'm not still under your intellectual embargo--you ought to consider a few things.  First, I doubt the FBI or CIA control American elections.  You're looking at the rest of the world through Turkish eyes; in other words, you're projecting your own country's dictatorial faults on other countries, do you understand what I am saying?

Second, Canada is basically a "crowned republic" of sorts.  Yes, it has a queen.  But she's a figurehead and has absolutely no say over Canadian elections.  Even "her" representative in Canada, the GG, is more or less an appointee (or recommendee, on paper at least) of the prime minister.  Add to that the fact that he or she is always a Canadian.  Long gone are the days when the GG of Canada or any other "dominion" state, as they were once called, was overseen by a Briton.  The Crown has authority, but no power, over Canadian politics.  (However, the Canadian premiership comes pretty close to a dictatorship, but it's got some democratic checks on it.  Whether those democratic checks are sufficient is up for debate I've noticed, among the Canadians on this site, lol)

I would not call the "election" of Mohammed Fatah al-Sisi "democratic" by any means.  He pulled the same sort of shenanigans to get elected that Hosni Mubarak did in his "open" re-election of 2005.  It was a sham, and everybody knows it.  (Maybe you don't?)  Then, for about a year, he kept delaying parliamentary elections so that he could run the country by executive fiat.

You are right about Japan (certainly Russia as well), but not about the others you mentioned.  Japan has been ruled by the Liberal Democratic Party since 1954, with only two short interruptions of a couple years each during which one of the opposition parties actually won the elections to the National Diet for a change.  That has caused some corruption of course, and there is much cronyism between Japanese business leaders and the LDP governments.

Countries such as Germany, the USA or Canada are indeed stable countries.  They certainly all have a crap-ton of faults within their political systems, but they are stable democracies. You cannot have a democracy that is unstable or it won't remain democratic very long.  You are correct in that assessment.  Democracy dies in anarchy.  They are stable because they are democratic governments that evolved over time, with carefully-written constitutions that the governments created by those constitutions [usually] respect and follow.  They're not changing military juntas as often as we change our underwear.

But then again, if I'm still under your embargo, you won't get any of this.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JamesHackerMP said:

Altai I don't have a clue what you mean.

Is not it interesting and suspicious that the presidents of states which claims of being independent from religions in state managements are giving picture behind a religious leader ?

3 minutes ago, JamesHackerMP said:

[glad to see I'm not blocked anymore]

So? That doesn't mean anything at all.  The pope is also a very influential man worldwide, and a head of state to boot, so it stands to reason that democratic countries would make state visits to the Vatican. 

Are there any reason for him to stand in the middle and in front of all of them as a president of a state ? The photo was taken during the celebration of the Treaty of Rome. He is the leader of Vatikan, which is a country dependent to Italy on foreing affairs. So there is no reason for him to be there as a statesman, I also cant see the price of Monaco which is also a state but dependent to Spain on foreign affairs. So he is there as a religious figure. Why would a religious figure poses like which would cause "misunderstandings" that he is actually the leader of the European countries ?

On 04.04.2017 at 6:51 PM, Goddess said:

Well, I did give her one when she said all Israeli children were future murderers and criminals......

Can you please fully quote what I said as @hot enough was also offered you but you rejected ? You reject maybe because of you are distorting my words and trying to change the perception of my original post ? 

4 hours ago, JamesHackerMP said:

So? That doesn't mean anything at all.  The pope is also a very influential man worldwide, and a head of state to boot, so it stands to reason that democratic countries would make state visits to the Vatican. 

And he's an avid supporter of war criminals, terrorists, pedophiles, rapists, I believe even death squads in his home country - that would require more research. Perhaps you will dig into that, James.

13 minutes ago, hot enough said:

And he's an avid supporter of war criminals, terrorists, pedophiles, rapists, I believe even death squads in his home country - that would require more research. Perhaps you will dig into that, James.

I am interested to learn more about the political power of Pope. I have read somewhere that the current one or previous one was a member of Nazi organizations in his youth.