Should Canada screen potential immigrants/refugees for Canadian Values

Argus

Screening for Canadian values  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's an advocate for women's education. She gave $50,000 to the UN to build schools in Gaza. You're so blinded by your ideology that this somehow means she gave money to the PLO, implying that she's funding terrorism. Either you really have no idea what you're talking about or you're intentionally being intellectually dishonest and misleading. Either way, I'll remember not to expect reasonable discussion from you.

She's an advocate for women's education. She gave $50,000 to the UN to build schools in Gaza. You're so blinded by your ideology that this somehow means she gave money to the PLO, implying that she's funding terrorism. Either you really have no idea what you're talking about or you're intentionally being intellectually dishonest and misleading. Either way, I'll remember not to expect reasonable discussion from you.

To Hamas pardon...not the PLO.

Malala Yousafzai....terrorist financier. smdh. What a joke.

But there it is. UNRWA...besides being the most corrupt entity on the globe...was caught assisting Hamas...even storing Iranian made missiles in their precious UN schools where the kids get taught to hate Jews.

Why do you suppose so many large corporations go through the added expense of subjecting their candidates to personality screening? Because they like wasting money? If they didn't find it worked they wouldn't be doing it. Can they be fooled? Of course! But how many people are going to spend hours carefully researching personality tests to give themselves an edge in fooling them? A few, but not very many.

Oh so now it's not just a simple survey of opinions and attitudes, but a full personality inventory?

You're being more and more ridiculous, Argus.

Out in la-la land.

That requires a professional to administer and interpret, and would cost about $2,000 per person.

Oh so now it's not just a simple survey of opinions and attitudes, but a full personality inventory?

You're being more and more ridiculous, Argus.

Out in la-la land.

That requires a professional to administer and interpret, and would cost about $2,000 per person.

So money is the problem re: screening people properly? That is: we don't have enough to do it?

He knows more about their actual communities and what actually goes on there.

All he knows or cares about is how to get votes. He doesn't care about the future any more than any other politician does. He cares about this election. Now. Nothing else.

This is your interpretation of that stats -

What states? More than half of them wear the hijab every single time they leave home. And you think this is a hat. I can only shake my head at how naive you are.

I know a lot of really dedicated Christians. Their views don't stop them from being generally good people.

Do they believe in executing homosexuals, blasphemers, apostates, and anyone else who insults God? Do they think women in shorts are prostitutes? Do their women not socialize with men outside their family?

These are pretty core Muslim beliefs.

It doesn't mean that I don't find some of what they say and think abhorrent. I find a lot of what you say and think abhorrent.

Really? Like what, for instance? That I have standards? Is that it?

You see things the way that you do because of the bias that you hold.

What bias do I hold? Do you think I would have a different opinion of, say, Italians, if they acted and believed what Muslims do, or Jews? Or Methodists?

Or maybe, just maybe, am I simply examining their self-stated beliefs - the beliefs you are so absolutely certain they don't hold, even if they say they do, and even if their religious texts say they must, and even if that belief is part of their legal code in every Muslim country, and judging that as barbaric?

Edited by Argus

I don't think anyone has defended them.

Well, without 'em...Gaza might as well go back to being Egypt and the West Bank back to Jordan. Because they are the Palestinian Cause unless you actually sign-on to all that clap-trap claiming otherwise.

And this is OT...

I'd prefer Canada take zero "Palestinians" due to their track record. But, I don't run things...

Edited by DogOnPorch

But there it is. UNRWA...besides being the most corrupt entity on the globe...was caught assisting Hamas...even storing Iranian made missiles in their precious UN schools where the kids get taught to hate Jews.

A lot of people hear or read the words "UN" and seem to instinctively feel this must be a group of neutral outside foreigners who can be trusted to be unbiased, but in point of fact most of the UN employees of the UNRWA are Palestinians. They don't even make any secret of it.

UNRWA has over 30,000 employees, most of them Palestine refugees and a small number of international staff, in two headquarter offices (Gaza and Amman), five field offices (Gaza, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and West Bank), and in four Representative/Liaison Offices (New York, Geneva, Brussels and Cairo).

http://www.unrwa.org/careers/working-unrwa

Edited by Argus