Waiting for the Trudeau Jnr GST increase

That's incorrect. The Canada Labour Code covers only federally regulated workers. Each province has their own regulation for workers under their jurisdiction.

i stand corrected. Don't know what other provinces do but my wife use to run an office for a small business. This is what she was dealing with.

BC Employment Standards.

https://www.labour.gov.bc.ca/esb/facshts/annualfact.htm

• 1 month later...

Raising the GST from 5% to 7% will give about $10 billion or more to the federal government for infrastructure.

Policymakers will argue that the GST is a good tax - better than the income tax.

Liberal partisans will remind Trudeau Jnr that Harper cut the GST.

The GST has a refund mechanism. And GST does not apply to food or rent.

====

As Margaret's son would say listening to her husband: "We do this to help other people - and make a better world!"

Liberal partisans will remind Trudeau Jnr that Harper cut the GST.

notwithstanding you've been repeatedly admonished for improperly using the generational suffix in this regard... are you striving to ensure there's no chance someone might be confused over, waiting for the Trudeau "Snr" GST increase? :lol:

notwithstanding you've been repeatedly admonished for improperly using the generational suffix in this regard... are you striving to ensure there's no chance someone might be confused over, waiting for the Trudeau "Snr" GST increase? :lol:

Federal Liberals now describe him as a Jimmy Sinclair, not a Trudeau. Whatever.

I simply want all this to be clear.

When I speak of Trudeau Snr now, I mean Pierre. When I refer to Trudeau Jnr, I mean Justin. That's it, that's all.

The surprise is that anyone is talking this way about a Liberal prime minister named Trudeau in Quebec City. “But I’m telling you, he’s more of a Sinclair than a Trudeau,” my interlocutor said. The reference is to Jimmy Sinclair, the avuncular Vancouver Liberal who was the Prime Minister’s maternal grandfather.

Paul Wells Macleans

I guess some folks will dig deep to try and take a swipe at a guy riding at 60+% in the job approval polls.

Approval?

Obama could take his approval ratings out for a ride to get things done. Let's see Trudeau Jnr do the same with his ratings.

I may be wrong but I suspect that Trudeau Jnr's ratings are miles wide, but an inch deep.

Approval?

Obama could take his approval ratings out for a ride to get things done. Let's see Trudeau Jnr do the same with his ratings.

I may be wrong but I suspect that Trudeau Jnr's ratings are miles wide, but an inch deep.

I guess you'll have to pose that questions to the Canadians who weighed in on the polls.

Let's see Trudeau Jnr do the same with his ratings.

are you worried your Trudeau reference could be mistaken for Pierre? Why would the approval ratings of a long past, some time dead, Prime Minister be relevant and discussed here? Do you think if you just used the name... Justin... there would also be confusion? :lol:

Edited by waldo

are you worried your Trudeau reference could be mistaken for Pierre? Why would the approval ratings of a long past, some time dead, Prime Minister be relevant and discussed here? Do you think if you just used the name... Justin... there would also be confusion? :lol:

Trudeau Snr in 1972 famously said "No more philosopher king."

Let's see where this Trudeau Jnr (a Sinclair, if such a reference feels better) manages to go.

==

IMHO, I'm curious to see what Trudeau Jnr does with the GST. His government needs the money. (I suspect that he won't raise it.)

If Trudeau Jnr doesn't raise the GST then I'd say that Harper and the Mulroney/Conservatives win. And Mulroney wins far more than Harper.

Edited by August1991

• 4 weeks later...

Canadians are willing to sacrifice their children's future standard of living so they can feel good about their incompetent PM today . 30 - 40 billion dollar year one deficit , one mistake at a time was how Ontario got the world's largest sub sovereign debt , lets hope Canadians won't make the same mistake federally .