Why Trump And Other Racists Are Dangerous

Big Guy

Politicians will target the basest human traits in an attempt to get elected. Fortunately, racists seldom do get elected because the mainstream does not accept xenophobic and racist ideas:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-white-supremacists_55dce43ee4b08cd3359dc41a

His presidential campaign is winning the support of America’s most prominent white supremacists and neo-Nazis -- and in so doing, reviving dark forces in American politics that had become increasingly marginal in recent decades.

Trump masks his racism by wrapping himself in the American flag. There is a fine line between passionate nationalism and blatant racism. I do not know if he is doing this consciously or unconsciously. I was watching a CTV report which followed some Trump fans back home. They were all white male members who had formed a group called something workers party. CTV was filming a meeting of about 12 of them.

They were planning how best to use the Trump campaign to validate their movement as part of the mainstream thinking in the USA.

The CTV coverage continues with a Trump campaign rally where some blacks and Mexicans were demonstrating against the Trump exclusionary policies. The members of this group had they signs torn up, they were cursed at and jostled and finally led away by police. That is the kind of reaction one gets, not from idealistic nationalists but from bigots, racists and xenophobes.

I have seen and read a lot of what I consider racist rhetoric on this board. I also have no desire to make it appear to be either mainstream or acceptable to most Canadians - to ignore it gives it a false validity that it does not deserve. I will not ignore it.

Anyone interested in following up on this topic or trend may try:

http://www.alternet.org/media/10-times-white-nationalists-supported-donald-trump-and-why-should-scare-you

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/08/31/the-fearful-and-the-frustrated

Edited by Big Guy

Politicians will target the basest human traits in an attempt to get elected. Fortunately, racists seldom do get elected because the mainstream does not accept xenophobic and racist ideas:

False premise.....Donald Trump is accepted by the "mainstream" as a viable candidate for his party's nomination. This is not his first presidential rodeo.

• 4 weeks later...

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Trump is a pig.

I think he should go fight ISIS himself.

Now that's a head I wouldn't mind seeing held aloft, lopsided, by his long combover locks.

I'll bet his fat lips would still be babbling the racist crap that got his head removed. Lol

White working class men are really being taken for a ride on the dumbo jet by that goof!

More here:

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/25314-delusional-nostalgia-is-killing-white-working-class-males/?p=1119637

Edited by jacee