US and Iraqi Oil

on topic, i really think that ones head is truly stuck in the sand if one does not believe the invasion of iraq is not all about oil.

this looming fact remains:

the world demand for oil will overtake the world production of oil in 2016.

so anyone sitting on oil is sitting on untold wealth after this market condition is met. control of supply will have no bearing after this time. sure, unprofitable sources will certainly be harvested but these are baby supplies that will have no affect on the overall market conditions.

this looming fact remains:

the world demand for oil will overtake the world production of oil in 2016.

I have a book in my library written by "Dennis Meadows", titled "The Limits to Growth", published in 1972. The research referred to the "Club of Rome". I think the prediction then (1972) was 1989, given the scenario.

You may want to check "Thomas Malthus" too.

Crying wolf will not protect the environment. The Left confuses message/medium for reality.

Crying wolf will not protect the environment. The Left confuses message/medium for reality.
I see your point.

Ms, you're a good example of this confusion of message and reality. MS, you believe that if you post often, you'll make a difference. Spread the message, so you think. Eventually, the message will stick and change reality.

MS, you're mistaken.

You confuse message for reality. You confuse money for wealth. You confuse signal for noise. You believe that a wedding ring really means a person is in love.

-----

MS, I think the Left has a good argument but first it must understand symbols and reality. The Left must understand markets.

In 1972, there was every reason to believe that oil was running out. There were a few major discoveries shortly after that. The North Sea and Nigeria were significant and the reserves of the Middle East were revised upwards.

There is equally good reason to believe now that new major fields are likely and, if a few are to turn up, there production possibilities pale in comparison to the requirements of the developed world and the emerging consumers.

Upping the estimates is not a substitute for discovery.