I'll be voting Conservative...

Springer

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're talking about who the cap increase benefits, of course it matters. Nobody is campaigning on eliminating the TFSAs. They have criticized increasing the cap as it only benefits a small proportion of the population.

it benefits those who work for a living. Does nothing for those who are on welfare forever. Can't working people get a break ever? Not everyone is the same.

I just saw Reg Sherren insinuate on CBC that the Conservatives are secretly buying Facebook likes without the knowledge of users. Is this true? That would be fraud.

I don't know about that.... but the CPC has dropped another candidate...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-blair-dale-newfoundland-cpc-1.3229260

The Conservative Party has lost another of its candidates after remarks he made about women, abortion and racial minorities surfaced today.

----------

Before launching his bid to become a member of Parliament, Dale was working in Ottawa as a political staffer for retiring Alberta Conservative MP LaVar Payne.

So the guy was fine to be a staffer before the public knew his views... but he's not the right kind of person to be a candidate. Maybe he can get a job with the CPC again now...

Here's the next Tory candidate to go, I am guessing...

King-Vaughan Conservative candidate Konstantin Toubis says he won’t resign after it was revealed he reposted links to Russian-language articles via Facebook that include derogatory comments about women and homosexuals.
He added that he shut down his Facebook page last night “because they (media) just build a story out of nothing.”

Great candidates for the CPC... They represent the party well.

Oh, I bet we can.

You can kill every last Muslim on the planet. There will be more. You're grand kids generation or their grand kids generation will eventually have some Muslims, more and more will pop up. You'll never get rid of Islam. Not for the remainder of humanities existence. But could luck with that...

You can kill every last Muslim on the planet. There will be more. You're grand kids generation or their grand kids generation will eventually have some Muslims, more and more will pop up. You'll never get rid of Islam. Not for the remainder of humanities existence. But could luck with that...

Do we need all the Muslims to move to Canada? That's what the left is pushing.

Do we need all the Muslims to move to Canada? That's what the left is pushing.

The "left" (and even some people decidedly not Leftward driven) want to help refugees. We can debate the right way to do it, but this whole "Fifth Column" nonsense gets tiring, and so darned repetitive. A hundred and fifty years ago it was those Papist Irish and Italians with their alien Mary worship who were going to destroy English-speaking North America. Then it was the Chinese, the Yellow Hoard that would outbreed us all, then it was people from India, and so on and so forth. Heck, I remember my grandfather telling me that there were fears in the Interior of BC in the 1920s when he was a kid of all these Russian and Ukrainian immigrants with their weird Orthodox Christianity, weird food, who were going to disrupt God-fearing Anglo-Saxons (and Swedes, lots of Swedes in the Interior in those days) way of life, and the whole land would turn into icon-worshiping garlic eaters.

Muslims are only the most recent target of anti-immigrant rhetoric. The particular group to be hated and feared may change, but the same tired justifications keep getting recycled.

The "left" (and even some people decidedly not Leftward driven) want to help refugees. We can debate the right way to do it, but this whole "Fifth Column" nonsense gets tiring, and so darned repetitive. A hundred and fifty years ago it was those Papist Irish and Italians with their alien Mary worship who were going to destroy English-speaking North America. Then it was the Chinese, the Yellow Hoard that would outbreed us all, then it was people from India, and so on and so forth. Heck, I remember my grandfather telling me that there were fears in the Interior of BC in the 1920s when he was a kid of all these Russian and Ukrainian immigrants with their weird Orthodox Christianity, weird food, who were going to disrupt God-fearing Anglo-Saxons (and Swedes, lots of Swedes in the Interior in those days) way of life, and the whole land would turn into icon-worshiping garlic eaters.

Muslims are only the most recent target of anti-immigrant rhetoric. The particular group to be hated and feared may change, but the same tired justifications keep getting recycled.

All of the groups you mentioned that were so despised before simply became like every other Canadian in a generation or so...

Yes cybercoma, i forgot about NDP candidate that Mulcair denied knowing anything about, did not make mainstream media, and is still candidate. Name is Swampy, but since it did not make mainstream (left wing) media i guess most know nothing.

Regarding the tfsa, this article from the financial post should be considered unbiased. If so 10.7 million Canadians holding tfsas shows definitely that it is not just "for the wealthy", and even gives the stat showing that there is pretty even split across all income ranges as to who maxes out their limits. That definitely answers your query.

http://business.financialpost.com/personal-finance/tfsa/exclusive-canadians-maxing-out-their-tfsas-from-all-walks-of-life?__lsa=24c9-f06d

I guess i come across as an asss in all of this because i run into alot of people who deny there is a left wing bias in the media. Maybe you are not aware of it yet. Review the financial post article, talk with average joe worker, look for yourself as to who has a tfsa and the question over and over why the libs and ndp say it is only "for the wealthy" and why the media promotes that view. As you become more informed, do you not question why you need to go to the internet to find an opposing viewpoint to what the media shows, and learn that viewpoint supported by the Conservatives is supported by unbiased sources, and people in your own life. If you cant trust info you gather talking to real people how do you blindly trust what the media is peddling this week.

You don't have to kill them all, but you can pretty much kill every one that attacks you or calls on others to attack you.

Did any of those other groups embrace a religion which contained an entire set of legal and political rules which consider us inferiors and infidels, and which called upon them to destroy us?

Here is the story. It disappeared for a while and then popped up again. If there is anything to it, I think it's serious:http://www.cbc.ca/player/Kids/Kids/ID/2675485781/

The CPC certainly didn't say they weren't doing that. That's a very underhanded scheme. And you're right... it's fraudulent.

You don't have to kill them all, but you can pretty much kill every one that attacks you or calls on others to attack you.

You could try but even if you succeed there will be more. You could kill them too, but more would eventually pop up. You will never win this war, this has been proven. But Conservatives love to beat an immortal horse...

Yes cybercoma, i forgot about NDP candidate that Mulcair denied knowing anything about, did not make mainstream media, and is still candidate. Name is Swampy, but since it did not make mainstream (left wing) media i guess most know nothing.

Probably because it's trivial. She wrote some tweets with profanity and slang four years ago. Wow.

You could try but even if you succeed there will be more. You could kill them too, but more would eventually pop up. You will never win this war, this has been proven. But Conservatives love to beat an immortal horse...

My grass keeps growing, along with the occasional weed. But it gets cut every week, and the lawn gets treated so it's nice and tidy.