• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with this. They want to pretend to be doing something so they don't have to worry about what's going on afterward.

The only one pretending to do something is The Harper Governmentâ„¢, who makes up random numbers and has yet to meet any of the commitments it has made on this issue.

I think Army Guy pinned it. These people are wringing their hands with guilt and want to fill the country with Muslims from the third world to feel better. They don't think about what happens weeks, months and years down the road, about the costs in money, the costs in rioting and violence.

well... the Army Guy didn't explicitly reference your MuslimMenaceâ„¢... but, yes, he did (also) play your presumed guilt card!

ISIS came to be before the bombing started. The bombing was a response to ISIS brutality, murder and genocide.

please sir... the statement you quoted read, "ISIS came to be". Are you that unaware? Oh snap... hold on... you must be one of those revisionists who claim Obama is responsible for ISIS... cause the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq came under his "watch"! Have I got that right? And Bush Jr. had it all under control with "the Surge", right? :lol:

You act like being higher on the list offers up some kind of benefit to Canada. Canada is far away. Obivously we're going to be lower on the list than countries which are right next door to war zones. We're also a relatively small country, population wise. Harper's refugee changes have been quite successful in lowering the number of phony refugees. Before him we used to accept almost everyone who showed up at an airport. That led to people bypassing the immigration system since this was so much faster, and simply telling stories to immigration, stories immigration consultants and lawyers often helped them concoct.

yet another guy, you, who refuses to acknowledge dropping 10 country positions means something! Far away??? Oh my... and here I thought Canada had joined the global community of nations! You keep dropping this "phony refugee" reference... I requested you qualify that number once already... second time now! Is there a problem for you in actually substantiating something?

Edited by waldo

Oh no, not the Fraser Institute, then it cannot be right :)-

The Fraser Institute is not a credible source when there is non-partisan peer-reviewed research available. Moreover, their methodologies have been shown time and time again to be faulty. So yeah, the Fraser Institute certainly lacks credibility.

Do you have any idea how much more that would cost, as well as having absolutely zero economic benefit to us? Bringing them here IS the cheaper route.

It is far cheaper to look after refugees where they are, and where prices are so much cheaper, than bringing them to Canada, and there is most unlikely to be any economic benefit to them coming. Rather, the cost will be huge and will last for a lifetime.

You don't get it both ways. You don't get to say "why don't people go there" then argue about why they shouldn't go there.

Aren't you people trying to have it both sides? You're comparing us to countries which do that and trying to shame us for not taking in more - as they are.

Edited by Civis Romanus sum

It is far cheaper to look after refugees where they are, and where prices are so much cheaper, than bringing them to Canada, and there is most unlikely to be any economic benefit to them coming. Rather, the cost will be huge and will last for a lifetime.

Your claims have already been shown to be false, so you should probably stop repeating garbage that's been disproven.

Clark said his Progressive Conservative government adopted and expanded on the policies put in place by a former Liberal government

It was that his government expanded upon policies of the Liberals which led to the annihilation of his party. It proved to be nothing more than a sham liberal party.

I have not spoken to one person in the last year who is enthusiastic about bringing in more Muslims to Canada.

Aren't you people trying to have it both sides? You're comparing us to countries which do that and trying to shame us for not taking in more - as they are.

The point all along has been that we should bring them here because they would be safer here. It's people like you who've been saying the other nations around them should be doing more. They are doing more, but it's clearly not the ideal place for refugees when those nations have serious human rights violations on record.

more... yet more... of your unsubstantiated opinion? But hey now... those camps are just short-term, right? That one camp that is soon to reach it's 25th year in existence... that's just an anomaly, right? Look at this shining example:

10-Largest-refugee-camps-702x336@2x.jpg

The point all along has been that we should bring them here because they would be safer here. It's people like you who've been saying the other nations around them should be doing more. They are doing more, but it's clearly not the ideal place for refugees when those nations have serious human rights violations on record.

The people in half the countries on earth would be safer here. And there would be no Canada.

I'm not willing to make that tradeoff. You want to help a small tithe of them, which is understandable, but to think that's going to have an substantal or even noticeable impact on the situation there is foolishness.

more... yet more... of your unsubstantiated opinion? But hey now... those camps are just short-term, right? That one camp that is soon to reach it's 25th year in existence... that's just an anomaly, right? Look at this shining example:

I didn't say the camps were short term. I think I've said the opposite. You are becoming confused.

The people in half the countries on earth would be safer here. And there would be no Canada.

I'm not willing to make that tradeoff. You want to help a small tithe of them, which is understandable, but to think that's going to have an substantal or even noticeable impact on the situation there is foolishness.

ahhh... one knew the strawman/men weren't far behind!

well... case closed then! Shut this thread down. Oh wait... are all refugees Muslim... are all Muslims refugees! :lol:

As I said, I would be willing to accept a higher number of refugees if they are Christians. This for two reasons. First, I believe Christians anywhere in that area are in real danger from Muslim extremists. There is nowhere they can be safe. Second, they can be integrated much more easily into Canada.