The Invasion of Europe - Germany to take in 800,000 migrants

scribblet

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Launch a nuke or several nukes on the area. That will kill ISIS. Problem solved.

Nuke Iran. Iraq. Afghanistan. Syria. Just carpet nuke the whole place. Start over.

I agree. Might as well include Palestine, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Qatar ect ect .. or do you prefer one Islamic extremist over another?

No. Wipe out it all. Islam is only causing problems in the world. It adds nothing. How is Islam making Canada better? Is it improving the Uk, Naderlands, France? Islam destroys every host country it touches. It's a virus.

I don't understand why we're letting these people in in the first place. They come here. Drain our resources then complain about the country and demand we change to accommodate them. When they should be assimilating into us.

No H Jones I am not advocating carpet bombing. Atta boy-distort, misrepresent.

What I am saying is that ISIL and Assad are equally as problematic and taking sides and pretending ISIL is worse is pointless. Blowing the crap out of anyone with a weapon does not mean carpet bombing but I can appreciate you need to try distort and misrepresent.

Carpet bombing was a tactic Curtis Lemay devised for Vietnam. This is an entirely different geographic theatre in terms of size and physical geography.

I prefer if you must know small elite commando units and helicopters. I think using fighter jets is not effective at all in anti terrorist warfare..

Now run along and misunderstand someone else-but be clear on this-Assaid-Isil, they both in my opinion need to be eradicated.

Edited by Rue

Looks to me like Angela Merkel is doing what is best for Germany. I also think she continues as one of the sharpest leaders on the globe. Germany currently has a 1.2 birth rate. This translates as a 2% annual decrease in the population. What Germany needs are more people.

Angela has figured out that there is a refugee problem and that there is profit in chaos. She needs population and would prefer to skim off the best - i.e. the brightest, those who would fit in the quickest and those who would fill the jobs that are need in Germany.

She jumps ahead of the refugee wave. Sets up a system of screening, prioritizing, assimilating and retraining. She will skim the best off the top and let the rest of the world deal with the left overs.

Brilliant!! If only Canada had that kind of leadership!

Launch a nuke or several nukes on the area. That will kill ISIS. Problem solved.

Nuke Iran. Iraq. Afghanistan. Syria. Just carpet nuke the whole place. Start over.

No, that would guarantee generations of even more dangerous extremism, and targeted at the west instead of governments in the middle east.

By whom? They'd all be dead?

No they wouldnt. Half of them would be dead and the rest would be really pissed off. Not to mention a strike of that magnitude would do a huge ammount of damage to the rest of the world as well. A 100kt nuclear bomb will only guarantee death to an area of about 20 square miles. The Middle east has millions of square miles. Even to just wipe out urban populations you would need thousands of bombs... enough to make a mess of the whole planet... and hundreds of millions of angry middle easterners would still be alive.

They could certainly decapitate the snake.

Big Guy has is right. Hydra.

One head was the Taliban

Another head was Bin Laden

Yet another head was Hussein

And yet ANOTHER head was Gadaffi

Then there are the unknown unknowns.

And let's consider Assad another head..... Seems the more cuts, the more problems we are seeing. Why?

I think only Israel has the stomach to actually stop isis. The left in this country is happy to let them take over the ME and Europe.

Good, then let Israel deal with it so we need to stop wasting our resources giving aide to Israel. But I know that won't sit well with you as I posed a similar question to JBG. I live in Canada, so I put Canada first. But some here are putting Israel before Canada which seems to counter their stance.

Good, then let Israel deal with it so we need to stop wasting our resources giving aide to Israel. But I know that won't sit well with you as I posed a similar question to JBG. I live in Canada, so I put Canada first. But some here are putting Israel before Canada which seems to counter their stance.

Would you have said the same thing about Hitler?

No matter what you or I think of Hitler (and I would argue we both view him as one of the baddies in history), he did put Germany first.

Nope, he put his own delusions, hatreds, and ambitions first and led Germany to death and defeat, getting ~7 million Germans killed, the cities in ruins, the economy destroyed, and the country occupied.

Nope, he put his own delusions, hatreds, and ambitions first and led Germany to death and defeat, getting ~7 million Germans killed, the cities in ruins, the economy destroyed, and the country occupied.

You have some points there, also the mention of Germany taking over parts of neighboring nations was a nit troubling. But I doubt our military response in Syria is helping the situation. The uprising in Syria due the Arab spring was quite small as it was small in Libya. The media rarely reported the people in masses coming out to support Gadaffi. I don't expect our media to have much of a different view here. We are not getting the full story.

It gets all more confusing to me as time goes on. I don't know who the bad guys really are. Who are we supporting on each front? How have we vetted that?

But I doubt our military response in Syria is helping the situation.

That much is obvious. Western leaders are running around aimlessly like chickens with their heads cut off when it comes to their reactions to the crisis in the middle-east. The best policy would be to simply stay out of that place completely.

Edited by Bonam

That much is obvious. Western leaders are running around aimlessly like chickens with their heads cut off when it comes to their reactions to the crisis in the middle-east. The best policy would be to simply stay out of that place completely.

I'm all for establishing a cordon sanitaire around the whole middle east (except Israel) but i rather doubt you'd get the cooperation of the rest of the world.

Therefore, and given the spread of Islam throughout the West, what happens there does impact us here.

I'm all for establishing a cordon sanitaire around the whole middle east (except Israel) but i rather doubt you'd get the cooperation of the rest of the world.

Therefore, and given the spread of Islam throughout the West, what happens there does impact us here.

What happens there impacts us here only minimally. Instability may lead to higher oil prices but the West is now well adapted to $100+/barrel oil anyway and new technologies make it largely self-sufficient in terms of energy supply, if need be. And there might be the occasional terrorist act out of there but they are mostly focused on slaughtering each other.

As for the spread of Islam in Western countries... daunting as it is politically, changing immigration policies would be a heck of a lot more doable than trying to militarily impose order in the ME. There's already non-negligible popular support for revisiting mass immigration policies in European countries that have them.

Edited by Bonam

The most effective strategy against terrorism is the use of elite commando units that move in and out, engage in the eradication of a specific target and they move in and out quickly. Every nation in the G-Eight has an elite commando unit trained for this. Jtf2 is Canada's. Britain has unclassified teams although most people think of SAS. The US has unclassified teams but most people think of the US Navy Seals. Israel has unclassified elite units and one that is known is by the name Duvdevan but its actual units and when and how they operate no one knows.

As we speak elite commando units do their thing and you will not hear of them. Certainly arm chair terrorist experts like Ghost or Big Guy would have never heard of them or what they do and certainly show they have no idea what counter-terrorism is. Its purpose is not meant to end terrorism, its purpose is to contain, cripple, and paralyze terrorist actions preferably when possible with preemptive strikes.

Terrorist cells are not a Hydra. They do not have multi heads that are connected to the same body. That is absolutely false. Terrorist cells are a cluster of units each with their own leader and separate body. Each leader does what he wants. Command is completely decentralized. It is a myth to think there are heads that meet and discuss plans in the same body. They must meet but as equals in a disconnected network where no one is the head of their own cell within the council where they meet-that council has no constitution, no enforcement ability. Each cell operates independently of the other. If they happen to agree, so be it. If they have the same target that day, an informal alliance might arise but more often than not, terrorist cells are a each other's throats as much as they are at their perceived mutual enemy's throat. Its chaos. in motion. ISIL moves in waves of unleashed movement at any given time by numerous cells doing their own thing with no centralized chain of command. That inability to predict what and when they attack makes it so difficult to plan a defence. Its not conventional war. Its limited theatres of engagement all arising independent of one another and often at counter-purposes to one another.

This is something Obama could not fathom or understand about terrorism in the ME-it never had a head, it never had any heads- it is nothing more than tribes led by alpha males. None take orders. Its all about getting each chieftain to save face and fight the same enemy of the day. This is why the constellation of terrorists constantly change in make up and composition. Its why TE Lawrence was successful-he understood there was no one alpha male and he had to learn to make friends with many to unify them temporarily. He never could create a permanent Arab army, just a temporary one.

ISIL is a Western media name invented just like PLO. It makes it easier to label this network of hundreds of terror cells each with its own leader. Yes its a network with a mullah council but its not a Western unit with desks, paper, bureaucrats planning and organizing. In fact its commands or orders are not even written down.

The closet thing to a cohesive fighting force of terrorists is Hezbollah and that because its an organization made up of many educated engineers who understand the importance of structure, logistics, supply chain management.

However even Hezbollah at its supposed top is full of mullahs who hate each other. and could turn on one another in a second.

Terrorism is focused chaos-the best analogy is to call it cancer cells that rapidly reproduce. Effective counter strategy is like the latest effective cancer therapies that send radiation pellets or bullets to a specific cell targeting it for destruction withut damaging the surrounding environment.

Counter terrorism does not claim to wipe out terrorism for good. Its purpose is to contain and cripple terrorist movement and actions with pre-emptive strikes.

Ghost and Big Guy are under the mistaken impression counter-terrorism is meant to wipe out terrorism. No its a containment strategy. Its not politics. Its not the political exercise of changing terrorist thought to civil thought.

Edited by Rue