UCCB payments - vote buying

I don't know, how much do you think? Give it a rest, it has next to little impact on how the vote buying system with this issue is working. I doubt a lot of poor people are going to be convinced to vote for Harper over this deal. People who don't need the money, maybe so, or at least until they see it gets mostly all clawed back at tax time.

Well, with facts like that how could anyone argue with your doubts.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, how much do you think?

Approximately none.

Give it a rest, it has next to little impact on how the vote buying system with this issue is working.

I was responding to a point. What are you doing?

I doubt a lot of poor people are going to be convinced to vote for Harper over this deal.

I doubt that too. Is that the point I was making?

People who don't need the money, maybe so, or at least until they see it gets mostly all clawed back at tax time.

It's always been a taxable benefit. Sorry to burst your bubble.

The child tax credit was not taxable, hence it's name. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Do you even know what it was? It was simply an increase in your basic expedition because you had children. The UCCB increase is worth more, especially to people who don't pay taxes.

And it was a direct reduction from your taxable income. Unlike the UCCB.

Which is a direct increase in your taxable income - in that it gives you more income. It's on average worth much more than the CTB. You're welcome.

It gives you more income, which gets largely clawed back. You're welcome.

That depends on how much money you make. The less you make, the more you keep, making it a nicely progressive program. You should be thrilled.

That depends on how much money you make. The less you make, the more you keep, making it a nicely progressive program. You should be thrilled.

Giving taxpayer money to people who don't need it is not progressive. But it might get a few votes since it might not become apparent to the dolts who buy this crap that they got sucked in whe it comes to next tax time. Hopefully Harper will be sent back to the CPC doldrums prior to that.

Giving taxpayer money to people who don't need it is not progressive.

Like you said, they don't keep most of it - it mostly gets clawed back if you don't need it.

But it might get a few votes since it might not become apparent to the dolts who buy this crap that they got sucked in whe it comes to next tax time. Hopefully Harper will be sent back to the CPC doldrums prior to that.

And yet the NDP want to keep it. They should be ashamed.

Of course its the author who should be ashamed. The NDP will scrap income splitting which is even more regressive.

You just told me that this program had the money get clawed back. Then you said it's going to people that don't need it and it's regressive. Make up your mind.

I hope the NDP campaigns on that too.

A program that gives taxpayer money to 15% of higher wage earners is nothing but regressive.

But by your own admission and complaint, they get - less - of it than low income earners, because it's clawed back.

Giving taxpayer money to people who don't need it is not progressive. But it might get a few votes since it might not become apparent to the dolts who buy this crap that they got sucked in whe it comes to next tax time. Hopefully Harper will be sent back to the CPC doldrums prior to that.

Everyone gets something why shouldnt people who work hard get a break now and then. Typical leftist crap - punish those who succeed.