Obama sings Amazing Grace

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not religious but love that tune. I was only partially paying attention to the news as Obama began singing and stole me momentarily away from my computer. But I still haven't caught up as the news is beginning to be too annoyingly repetitive on the issues of these extreme cases of mass murder....I'm becoming numb on this lately.

I'm not religious but love that tune. I was only partially paying attention to the news as Obama began singing and stole me momentarily away from my computer. But I still haven't caught up as the news is beginning to be too annoyingly repetitive on the issues of these extreme cases of mass murder....I'm becoming numb on this lately.

So you are becoming numb? I can only assume you are not black.

So you are becoming numb? I can only assume you are not black.

What's that got to do with anything? I was stating that I'm presently exhausted by the news. I agree with fighting issues more than most. But many issues don't get resolved and get worse because of a lack of intellectual aptitude and/or willingness of politicians to take real actions.

At least I did catch a 'good' news mention: the Supreme Court of the States accepting the legitimacy of gay marriage.

I was only reflecting a temporary 'numbness' and am not implying that I give up on these concerns. I actually respect the Americans better for actually discussing these with a better approach and interest than us Canadians though.

And, by the way, to me, the beliefs of that kid who killed those people in the church are not much different to our Canadian preference to support segregated political rights (Multiculturalism ). This is an example of how I get 'tired' of such news as many people here (in Canada) ignorantly presume we are somehow more superior in our processes without recognizing that our system supports a south Confederate style belief in accordance to those like that kid.

Edit: misspelled "our" as "are"

Edited by Scott Mayers

So liberals don't mind that the President of the United States sang a deeply religious song that calls upon the grace of God to save one's soul from hell?

I do 'mind' being more liberal myself and very atheist. I just think that some (many) perceive this more secular. Is there actually any politician out there who doesn't deliberately embrace at least an appearance of religion?

It is weird, however, that though I'm against our Multicultural system, most countries that have culture/religion allowed to be legitimized in law tend to have a society which is ironically more compassionate than those that deny official religion as a part of their constitutions, like the States.

What's that got to do with anything?

Well, from the commentaries I have read and heard from the black people in the community, they are certainly not numb to the horrific acts of black people being gunned down in a church by a white boy. It certainly has a hell of a lot to do with everything. And Obama has finally chosen to speak out against racism.. It's about time!! He grew a pair in the last few years at the helm.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

Utter nonsense. Suck it up.

Economy up, jobless rate down, currency strong, healthcare available to many who could not previously afford it, two wars geared down, major bills passed and approved the the SCOTUS,...what do you want Shady, another Bush realm...sheesh

Oh I forgot...suck it up

http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/

Edited by On Guard for Thee

Economy up, jobless rate down, currency strong, healthcare available to many who could not previously afford it, two wars geared down, major bills passed and approved the the SCOTUS,...what do you want Shady, another Bush realm...sheesh

Oh I forgot...suck it up

http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/

Economy up? Yes, if you mean the weakest recovery on record. Unemployment rate down due to 40 year low in labour participation. Two wars still going strong, one escalating. Millions lied to about being able to keep their health care plans, with premiums skyrocketing, while insurance companies get millions of new mandated customers, largest deficits in history and more debt added in 7 years than all previous presidents COMBINED, Iran allowed to pursue nuclear weapons, Russia allowed to annex other countries territories, relations with ALL other allies in the toilet. But he gives a good speech! Lol!