Fair Election Act

Topaz

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nor did Harper, and that's no surprise. He's hiding under his bed I think.

You treat what may well be Trudeau's Achilles Heel trivially. Harper actually has a country to run. Trudeau is the leader of a third place party who should need all the exposure he can muster to show he can be a leader. Instead, he ends up showing that he can't even take his current job seriously - not even showing up for opening day in Parliament. Dion, Ignatieff, and now Trudeau. Is that an iceberg that the Liberal ship is heading for?

You treat what may well be Trudeau's Achilles Heel trivially. Harper actually has a country to run. Trudeau is the leader of a third place party who should need all the exposure he can muster to show he can be a leader. Instead, he ends up showing that he can't even take his current job seriously - not even showing up for opening day in Parliament. Dion, Ignatieff, and now Trudeau. Is that an iceberg that the Liberal ship is heading for?

Maybe. But unfortunately for Harper he is already aground.

Nor did Harper, and that's no surprise. He's hiding under his bed I think.

interesting that Simple gives a pass to Harper's absence from the opening day resumption from Parliament's Easter break... he's got a country to run, don't you know! I'm not aware of Harper being out of the country, or traveling? Why wasn't he there?

interesting that Simple gives a pass to Harper's absence from the opening day resumption from Parliament's Easter break... he's got a country to run, don't you know! I'm not aware of Harper being out of the country, or traveling? Why wasn't he there?

Well apparently Mondays just aren't a good day for Mr. Harper, for some reason. However he did show up today. And once again he was "very clear" about demonstrating his ability to dodge questions. What is pretty clear from the links you provided on how C23 will kick in, is that there is definitely method in their madness. Perhaps a campaign is in order. Inundate Elections Canada with requests leading up to the next election so we all know "when, where, and how to vote" A kind of a "middle finger" gesture towards any repeat attempt at Robocalls.

• 2 weeks later...

The act has passed third reading and unless the Senate does something unexpected then it will soon become law. If it does have major flaws then the next government will have the opportunity to change.

I believe that it would have been better worded if it would have been given the public scrutiny that it received on this board.

Well done to all!!

I can only hope it backfires such that the very people this bill attempts to disenfranchise make damn sure they show up at the polling booths next time with whatever they need and send Harper and Co. back into the doldrums where the conservative party has spent most of it's existence. As we speak Harper is trying to float another omnibus bill (you know, the type of bill he said he would never float) over cyberbullying. Vic Toews failed miserably but Harper won't quit, so let's get rid of him.