Real face of terrorism

I take it that that is a behgeading video.... I don't care to see it but I wonder if Eugene wasn't in Iraq... would he still be with us?

Let me get this straight.... Because he was over in Iraq, "beheading" is justified?

Dookie, my friend, you have no idea what you've walked into...

In just a few minutes, someone will be along with a reference to an obscure website with "photographic evidence" that one of the killers was wearing a US-made wrist-watch and the walls are the same color as the walls in Abu-Ghraib prison. "A CIA frame-up," they will conclude.

For some people here, their desire to condemn the US and apologize for the Islamists exceeds the boundaries of rational thought.

They'll question why foreigners are in Iraq, and yet they'll question why we're not doing more to rebuild Iraq's infrastructure and economy.

"If he wasn't in Iraq he'd still be with us" is one of the most poorly thought-out comments I've seen on this forum. Yes, he probably would still be with us. Meaning what? That the country should be abandoned? That westerners should get the heck out, and take their expertise with them? That the Islamists should get their way, isolate the whole country from anything modern, and take Iraq back to 600AD? That's an extremely unfortunate view, in my opinion.

-kimmy

Dear kimmy,

That the country should be abandoned? That westerners should get the heck out, and take their expertise with them?
Yes. The west has enough problems at home, they don't need to borrow trouble. If the US leaves the Arabian peninsula, and stops supporting brutal dictators who oppress Muslims in order to exploit their resources for the US sole profit, America will no longer be under threat of terrorist attacks (at least from OBL)

Yes. The west has enough problems at home, they don't need to borrow trouble. If the US leaves the Arabian peninsula, and stops supporting brutal dictators who oppress Muslims in order to exploit their resources for the US sole profit, America will no longer be under threat of terrorist attacks (at least from OBL)

Let's say the US does just that, what happans when the terrorists no longer want the United States in a country that seeks the help of the Uinited States? What happans when OBL doesn't want Americans in America? :rolleyes:

Dear kimmy,
That the country should be abandoned? That westerners should get the heck out, and take their expertise with them?

I'm disturbed by your lack of vision.

Think for a moment on what the effects of an immediate exodus of westerners from Iraq would be.

Without western assistance, what state will Iraq's medical services be in? What state will their infrastructure be in? We would be leaving that country without adequate medical services, clean water, electricity, and distrupted transportation links.

Without western involvement, what state will their economy be in? They've relied upon western expertise in finding oil, getting it out of the ground, and transporting it. We should leave now, and leave them without the ability to rebuild their economic stability?

We should leave now, and leave them without any sort of law enforcement capability? If we leave now, who will have power in Iraq? The new provisional authority, which is heavily relying on western assistance to maintain its tenuous grasp on order? Or would it be the hold-outs from the Saddam era? Or would it be Islamist warriors? If the westerners leave, then who has the guns in Iraq? It's not the mainstream Iraqi citizen, that's for sure. The ordinary Iraqi who just wants to go about his life will be at the mercy of the radical few, who have the weapons and the training and the desire to fight to impose their vision on the country. What would that country look like? Quite possibly like Taliban-era Afghanistan. Without any outside influence, and governed by a small minority of radical kooks, it's likely that the situation would be horrific.

What would be the long-term effect of pulling out of Iraq and leaving them with crippled medical capabilities and infrastructure and economy? "They came here promising great things, they destroyed everything, and they left," is what the man on the street would say. He would be right. He will resent America for this. Some of them will not just resent America for this, they will hate Americans for it. And some of them will hate Americans enough to do something extreme.

The course of action you're advocating is a terrible idea. Once the US decided to enter Iraq, they had no choice but to stay there until things are repaired. Doing otherwise would be a complete disaster from every possible perspective.

-kimmy

The reality is Dubya dropped the ball.

Instead of closing in and capturing Osama, he aborts the exercise, so that he, Tricky Dicky (where have I heard that phrase before) and a few others from Big Oil can make a few billion on Iraq's oil. WTF does this have to do with terrorism and the attacks on the WTC?

DA NADA

WHEN THE F*** ARE YOIU DUMB AMERICANS GOING TO WAKE UP, AND THROW THE BUMS THAT HAVE CONTROL OF THE US OUT? :ph34r:

Instead of closing in and capturing Osama,

Just-like-that?

How were American troops supposed to capture OBL when he buggered off into Pakistain, when they had no access into the country?

WHEN THE F*** ARE YOIU DUMB AMERICANS GOING TO WAKE UP, AND THROW THE BUMS THAT HAVE CONTROL OF THE US OUT?

I wonder how many (union) Canadians will lose their jobs if kerry/edwards win, then implement their protectionist policies.

Guest eureka

What protectionist policies would the Democrats introduce that would do as much harm to Canada as those pursued by the Bush administration? Is the current policy of ignoring trade treaties to the devastation of some Canadian industries not the worst kind of protectionism?

Even so, what does it matter compared to the international chaos and mayhem that the current government is responsible for?

Guest eureka

That is an interesting paper. It is heartening to see that Kerry is not scary at all. He plans to use the WTO and, obviously, to accept its decisions. He also plans to try to do something about worker's rights.

Sounds good for Canada who are suffering because Bush ignores the WTO.

In just a few minutes, someone will be along with a reference to an obscure website with "photographic evidence" that one of the killers was wearing a US-made wrist-watch and the walls are the same color as the walls in Abu-Ghraib prison. "A CIA frame-up," they will conclude.

For some people here, their desire to condemn the US and apologize for the Islamists exceeds the boundaries of rational thought.

They'll question why foreigners are in Iraq, and yet they'll question why we're not doing more to rebuild Iraq's infrastructure and economy.

"If he wasn't in Iraq he'd still be with us" is one of the most poorly thought-out comments I've seen on this forum. Yes, he probably would still be with us. Meaning what? That the country should be abandoned? That westerners should get the heck out, and take their expertise with them? That the Islamists should get their way, isolate the whole country from anything modern, and take Iraq back to 600AD? That's an extremely unfortunate view, in my opinion.

-kimmy

Hey Kimmy, You still believe that the Holocaust never happened? Or was that Ameican forces gasing the Jews?

Hey Kimmy, You still believe that the Holocaust never happened? Or was that Ameican forces gasing the Jews?

:blink:

No, I'm certainly from the "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck" school of thought. The point of my message was that there are some people here who think otherwise.

Have a look for yourself, and see how far some people are willing to go to excuse the terrorists...

Nick Berg conspiracy poll

Checkout the poll results... the conspiracy theorists are winning in a blow-out!

Check out this crazy Mexican website that some people think contains proof that it's a CIA conspiracy:

http://www.aztlan.net/berg_abu_ghraib_video.htm

And while you're there check out some of the other funky crap from that website.

Click here to get up close and personal with Jesus! :wacko:

Or here to visit his little web-shrine to the suicide bomber women! :wacko:

Dookie, there's people who don't view the world in terms of what makes sense and what doesn't make sense. Here at Mapleleaf Web, you're going to meet lots of them!

-kimmy